The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Tangle on March 10, 2006, 10:19:22 am

Title: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Tangle on March 10, 2006, 10:19:22 am
In honour of it being Friday, end of the working week, time for jubilation, I made a stupid poll.

I quite enjoy the oddball comedy provided by the choices herein. And I though it would be fun/interesting/boring/sad to see the general consensus on said pairs, as it were.

If there are names you don't recognize you really owe it to yourself to find out. IMHO.

Opinions, comments, threats, insults and tasty desserts are all welcome.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 10, 2006, 12:48:49 pm
Sifl and Olly!  Woo.  I really wish they'd just let the guys release that stuff to DVD, it was classic.


"Listen, I got hot...  legless.. dogs here... you guys don't know what you're missing!"
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2006, 01:50:01 pm
I don't actually know who the first two are.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 10, 2006, 01:59:30 pm
I don't actually know who the first two are.

You don't know Weebl and Bob?  You are about to go on a very interesting journey my friend.  Here you go. (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/)

Sifl and Olly can be found here (http://www.sifl-n-olly.com/), but not much of it.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Tangle on March 10, 2006, 02:25:09 pm
Oh mang I misspelled Sifl & Olly. For shame. Fixed now.

If you're making your first acquaintance with Weebl & Bob, I heartily recommend you start at the beginning. And make sure your sound system is operational.  Mmm.....PIE.

I think there was talk of a Sifl & Olly DVD at some point but I guess it never happened. Too bad.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 10, 2006, 03:20:32 pm
MTV still owns the rights to Sifl and Olly.  This has been a long time anger point for uh.. "sockheads".



What?  Me?  a fan?  No no, you must have me mistaken for someone else.

*silently hides my Paul Rogers doll*
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Mantonio on March 10, 2006, 04:10:50 pm
MTV still owns the rights to Sifl and Olly.  This has been a long time anger point for uh.. "sockheads".



What?  Me?  a fan?  No no, you must have me mistaken for someone else.

*silently hides my Paul Rogers doll*

Man, I seem to recall Sifl and Olly as being true entertainment.

Remember Chester? Ah, good old Chester.

"Yeah, crickets scare me."
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 10, 2006, 04:33:37 pm
Man, I seem to recall Sifl and Olly as being true entertainment.

Remember Chester? Ah, good old Chester.

"Yeah, crickets scare me."

"I seem to remember a 3-way street with your wife and the librarian girl, now THAT'S SPOON LOVIN'!"


(Paul Rogers is and will always be my favorite)
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: AugustWest on March 10, 2006, 06:01:00 pm
No love for Ren & Stimpy in this thread?

No sir, I don't like it.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 10, 2006, 06:41:30 pm
The two most "mainstream" of the duos are the two in first and second place, and yet neither are being discussed in the thread. Is this a classic example of the indie mindset?
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Limmo on March 10, 2006, 08:13:55 pm
No, it's just that Sifl & Olly are better. 

There was a DVD of "Season Three," a few episodes that were made for mtv.com and apparently never aired.  It's just OK. 

Sifl & Olly rule and rule all.  Especially the Battle of the Bands featuring Sgt. Blind Kiwi Tarzan and YEAH!

Dynamic Duos left off this list: Page & Plant, Mick & Keith, Rorschach and Nite Owl.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2006, 08:21:04 pm
Tom & Jerry, motherfuckers!

Do any of these other duos have a drink named after them? I think not.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Lister on March 10, 2006, 08:56:28 pm
The Sifl & Olly show was an awesome show.  I just wish I'd gotten to see more of it.

The fact that MTV won't release them to DVD is yet another entry in the God I hate MTV column, just above "Repeatedly and knowingly put a microphone near Jenny McCarthy" but far below "Can't play a video without some sort of interruption."

The only episode I managed to catch on tape involved a visit from the Planet Earth, which was later summed up thusly:

"Dude was a freak!  That hat was amazing, though."

It's a show that you can't get if you didn't see, and I'm wondering if it is possible to get it outside the context of the late '90s.

As for Tom & Jerry... much like Garfield, any life the franchise had was gone after the first year, but the creators kept the corpse dancing for about 20 more years.  Chuck fuck*ng Jones couldn't make it interesting.

...

Wow, that got dark.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 10, 2006, 09:57:03 pm
I have a rubber tree plant named Chester, after Chester from Sifl & Olly.

Nonetheless, I voted for Ren & Stimpy, because I had a much longer and more fanatical relationship with them.  For one year in college, our fraternity's weekly meetings were scheduled to end right before Ren & Stimpy.

Yes, I was in a fraternity.  If you don't like it, tough crap.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2006, 11:26:47 pm
This explains my ignorance. I can literally count the lifetime minutes of MTV I've watched on my hands*. I've missed a whole lot of shit this way, but I've also missed things like The State.


*Unless you count when they used to show Monty Python's Flying Circus back when I was like 8.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 11, 2006, 12:55:50 am
This explains my ignorance. I can literally count the lifetime minutes of MTV I've watched on my hands*. I've missed a whole lot of shit this way, but I've also missed things like The State.


*Unless you count when they used to show Monty Python's Flying Circus back when I was like 8.

This is why I sometimes check in I guess.. because back in my formative years The State was so good it made me tingle... down there.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2006, 01:15:32 am
This explains my ignorance. I can literally count the lifetime minutes of MTV I've watched on my hands*. I've missed a whole lot of shit this way, but I've also missed things like The State.


*Unless you count when they used to show Monty Python's Flying Circus back when I was like 8.

They showed Monty Python on MTV?   OK, I guess I have to say it:  I am so old I remember when they played music videos.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: CortJstr on March 11, 2006, 02:03:42 am
They showed Monty Python on MTV?   OK, I guess I have to say it:  I am so old I remember when they played music videos.

Monty Python was on roughly the same time fram as Remote Control, if that helps at all.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 11, 2006, 02:14:52 am
Monty Python was on roughly the same time fram as Remote Control, if that helps at all.

man I love rough time frams.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2006, 02:46:02 am
Monty Python was on roughly the same time fram as Remote Control, if that helps at all.

Nope.  Seriously, I know it's hard to believe, but when I watched MTV, what they played was music videos.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Mantonio on March 11, 2006, 03:09:45 am
Nope.  Seriously, I know it's hard to believe, but when I watched MTV, what they played was music videos.

You mean, back in the golden age, when Beavis & Butt-head commented on various videos? Or are you saying there was actually a time when MTV showed just music videos? That seems rather unimaginable to me.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2006, 03:22:52 am
You mean, back in the golden age, when Beavis & Butt-head commented on various videos? Or are you saying there was actually a time when MTV showed just music videos? That seems rather unimaginable to me.

It's true.  Although the videos were all of J.S. Bach all playing the piano with his feet and G.F. Handel wearing a bigass hourglass around his neck.

And it wasn't really on TV, there was a bird who would peck out the images on a slab of rock with his beak, then make wisecracks about how bad his job sucked.

Also, Monty Python was on PBS.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2006, 03:26:00 am
I know it seems mad, but that's how I remember it.  And not trusting my doddering old brain, I checked Wikipedia, which states that MTV first went on the air in 1981, and Beavis and Butthead started in 1993.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Limmo on March 11, 2006, 06:47:12 am
Yes, the halcyon days of MTV, when April Wine were in heavy rotation, and the VJs were breathless with excitement for the WORLD PREMIERE VIDEO of Loverboy's "Hot Girls In Love."   When they did not have a single "show" to air, and it was all strange European videos and the occasional Cheap Trick concert. 

Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Hobot on March 11, 2006, 07:05:43 am
I do not see the Itchy & Scratchy option.  Let it be understood that it is for that dynamic duo I cast my vote.




We are doing a video coding project in my Psych class; my professor discovered that the only time MTV consistently plays music videos anymore is in the morning, beginning at 4 AM.  It seems to me that studying the media's portrayal of gender role stereotypes by coding music videos has outlived its usefulness and logical application.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Drygioni on March 11, 2006, 10:52:50 am
Where the hell are Withnail & I? They are the ultimate duo, with dynamism in buckets.

For shame, Tangle. (You pretty much covered everyone else though, top stuff)
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Limmo on March 11, 2006, 04:10:00 pm
It seems to me that studying the media's portrayal of gender role stereotypes by coding music videos has outlived its usefulness and logical application.

Now there's a Smith College thing to say!

Is the party at Comstock tonight?   Or Gillette?
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Limmo on March 11, 2006, 04:15:32 pm
Where the hell are Withnail & I? They are the ultimate duo, with dynamism in buckets.

For shame, Tangle. (You pretty much covered everyone else though, top stuff)

Oh, stop being so goddamned British!
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Hobot on March 11, 2006, 04:45:00 pm
Now there's a Smith College thing to say!

Is the party at Comstock tonight?   Or Gillette?

Party? At Smith?
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Limmo on March 11, 2006, 05:06:09 pm
Party? At Smith?

Oh, no more of that?  Pity.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Drygioni on March 11, 2006, 06:45:13 pm
Oh, stop being so goddamned British!
Eh, you bloody yanks, trigger happy bastards, all you want is oil you fat wankers etc. etc. In my own defence,  I'm not this guy.
 (http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3585)

I loves a bit of tea.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Limmo on March 11, 2006, 07:15:10 pm
And a spot of Gor-GON-zola?

Thank you for at least not accusing us of wanting to build McDonalds everywhere.   
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2006, 07:29:14 pm
It's a show that you can't get if you didn't see

Sometimes I think that you can't get anything unless you actually experience it, but what do I know?

Also, Monty Python was on PBS.

Not to be a dick, but Monty Python has been broadcast on both PBS and MTV.

I remember, too, when MTV showed videos and nothing but (well, periodically they would show concerts as well). You know what? It sort of sucked. They had a tremendous catalog of crap. And what a momentous occasion when they finally broadcast a video by Michael Jackson - for you see, there was also a time when MTV did not show videos by people without lily-white skin. Imagine that!
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Hobot on March 11, 2006, 07:47:32 pm
Eh, you bloody yanks, trigger happy bastards, all you want is oil you fat wankers etc. etc. In my own defence,  I'm not this guy.
 (http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3585)

I loves a bit of tea.


I will admit that I was an anglophile for a long time, but more for the fact that the UK has much more interesting history (and I'm a history nerd) than the States, than any of the reasons mentioned in that admittedly hilarious article.  I've been using the "proper" spellings of words since about the 8th grade, because Noah Webster was full of shit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Webster#Biography) (please note I did not type "shite").  English words are spelled "colour" and "centre" because they come from French, a delightfully closely-monitored (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Académie_française) language that is trustworthy and admirable in its anal retentiveness. 
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2006, 07:57:07 pm

I will admit that I was an anglophile for a long time, but more for the fact that the UK has much more interesting history (and I'm a history nerd) than the States, than any of the reasons mentioned in that admittedly hilarious article.  I've been using the "proper" spellings of words since about the 8th grade, because Noah Webster was full of shit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Webster#Biography) (please note I did not type "shite").  English words are spelled "colour" and "centre" because they come from French, a delightfully closely-monitored (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Académie_française) language that is trustworthy and admirable in its anal retentiveness. 

You do not want to go down this road again, do you?
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2006, 08:31:48 pm
You do not want to go down this road again, do you?

Oh God, can't this road be blown up, barricaded off, erased from the map and declared utterly and permanently closed?
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Hobot on March 11, 2006, 08:48:19 pm
Oh God, can't this road be blown up, barricaded off, erased from the map and declared utterly and permanently closed?

You do not want to go down this road again, do you?


I am shamefaced.  Let us never speak of this again.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2006, 08:51:52 pm

I am shamefaced.  Let us never speak of this again.
I was ashen-faced.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: miles on March 11, 2006, 08:59:15 pm
Andalucia's been here all along!
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Limmo on March 11, 2006, 10:30:45 pm
I remember, too, when MTV showed videos and nothing but (well, periodically they would show concerts as well). You know what? It sort of sucked. They had a tremendous catalog of crap. And what a momentous occasion when they finally broadcast a video by Michael Jackson - for you see, there was also a time when MTV did not show videos by people without lily-white skin. Imagine that!

That's only because MTV refused to play "Billie Jean," which made the president of CBS threaten to withhold all music videos from the various CBS labels ( i.e. no Springsteen ) until they relented. 
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2006, 10:35:43 pm
That's only because MTV refused to play "Billie Jean," which made the president of CBS threaten to withhold all music videos from the various CBS labels ( i.e. no Springsteen ) until they relented. 

At the time, MTV wasn't playing any videos by any black artists, and Michael Jackson was already a pretty big deal. I'll agree that the fallout was as you say, but the initial situation was that MTV didn't play videos by blacks. It's pretty much that simple.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Roger on March 12, 2006, 12:24:10 am
Well then, let me drop my 2 cents back into the dynamic duo jar.
Ren & Stimpy started airing roughly at the same time as Pinky & The Brain/Animaniacs here in Brazil, around 93/94. Those were my first couple of years in college, and suddenly I was torn between my new college friends, who loved the Warner stuff because it was "clever" and "postmodern", as opposed to that gross and stupid Ren & Stimpy show; and my bandmates back in my hometown, who thought Ren & Stimpy was just frikkin AWESOME.
Needless to say, I'll sing the Happy Happy, Joy Joy song all the way to the grave.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 12, 2006, 12:34:16 am
Well then, let me drop my 2 cents back into the dynamic duo jar.
Ren & Stimpy started airing roughly at the same time as Pinky & The Brain/Animaniacs here in Brazil, around 93/94. Those were my first couple of years in college, and suddenly I was torn between my new college friends, who loved the Warner stuff because it was "clever" and "postmodern", as opposed to that gross and stupid Ren & Stimpy show; and my bandmates back in my hometown, who thought Ren & Stimpy was just frikkin AWESOME.
Needless to say, I'll sing the Happy Happy, Joy Joy song all the way to the grave.

Brazil? Isn't it the middle of the night? Get off the computer and go to bed - or, failing that, go out and get drunk and pick up loose women.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Roger on March 12, 2006, 04:07:42 am
Loose women? Good idea, I'll see if I can find some beneath the sofa cushions.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: AugustWest on March 12, 2006, 04:18:09 am
Not to be a dick, but Monty Python has been broadcast on both PBS and MTV.

I didn't mean to say that it hadn't been on MTV.   In the 70's, before MTV existed, Python was on PBS.  That's all I was trying to convey.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 12, 2006, 04:25:09 am
Sorry, then. It was probably on BBC1, too.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Jeepers on March 12, 2006, 02:38:37 pm
Eh, you bloody yanks, trigger happy bastards, all you want is oil you fat wankers etc. etc. In my own defence,  I'm not this guy.
 (http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3585)


Quote from link : "...the music they’re listening to is a gigantic, majestic blimp full of poop"

I don't know if I will stop giggling all day.

also, I was the vote for Farley and Spade. I think my entire sense of humor formed into a crazy amalgam of the two, a bunch of sarcasm, a bunch of silliness, and a little pinch of sassy.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: CortJstr on March 12, 2006, 03:26:34 pm
also, I was the vote for Farley and Spade. I think my entire sense of humor formed into a crazy amalgam of the two, a bunch of sarcasm, a bunch of silliness, and a little pinch of sassy.

I assume that the word "sassy" was said in a Phil Hartman voice.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2006, 02:40:32 am
I didn't mean to say that it hadn't been on MTV.   In the 70's, before MTV existed, Python was on PBS.  That's all I was trying to convey.

In Houston, they showed Monty Python on NBC after SNL.  Actually it came on after the 'That Little Old Show that Comes on After Saturday Night Live'.  Later it was on PBS.

~Paul
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 13, 2006, 02:58:48 am
'That Little Old Show that Comes on After Saturday Night Live'.
~Paul

Elaborate? Was that a local thing?

In Cleveland, I remember on the weekends at 1 am there used to be this show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert"  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Kirshner)was a sort of primitive video show.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: AugustWest on March 13, 2006, 05:29:22 am
Elaborate? Was that a local thing?

In Cleveland, I remember on the weekends at 1 am there used to be this show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert"  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Kirshner)was a sort of primitive video show.

We had that too.

Incidentally, Paul Schaeffer's imitation of Don Kirshner was dead on.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2006, 02:32:53 pm
Elaborate? Was that a local thing?

In Cleveland, I remember on the weekends at 1 am there used to be this show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert"  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Kirshner)was a sort of primitive video show.

Yes, it was a local show.  15 minutes of a local band, hosted by the cooler than cool dj Crash.  In retrospect it was pretty lame, but I was 14 so I must be forgiven for loving it.

~Paul
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2006, 02:34:58 pm
In Cleveland, I remember on the weekends at 1 am there used to be this show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert"  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Kirshner)was a sort of primitive video show.

Yeah we had that here, it came on Saturday afternoon though.  They had some really great acts on there.  F'n Led Zeppelin man...

~Paul

Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Limmo on March 13, 2006, 05:45:06 pm
Don't forget the Midnight Special.  That was the Friday night rock show, featuring the dulcet tones of Wolfman Jack.  They had one episode around 1978 with AC/DC, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, Thin Lizzy and host Ted Nugent.  Nifty.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2006, 05:49:42 pm
Don't forget the Midnight Special.  That was the Friday night rock show, featuring the dulcet tones of Wolfman Jack.  They had one episode around 1978 with AC/DC, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, Thin Lizzy and host Ted Nugent.  Nifty.

See, I would gladly pay money for that. Unfortunately this (http://cgi.ebay.com/David-Bowie-Midnight-Special-Cavett-Show-DVD_W0QQitemZ9113744966QQcategoryZ59009QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) is all I can find (although it would still be pretty cool).
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2006, 06:02:59 pm
Oh hell yeah, the Midnight special ruled.  It wasn't just rock and roll, they had disco and soul bands and all kinds of schlock.  Dolly Parton singing Jolene stands out in my mind.  It was wonderful and the Wolfman was so much cooler than anybody else on the planet.

~Paul
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Bozack on March 13, 2006, 08:23:09 pm
Chris Farley & David Spade: 1, John Lennon & Paul McCartney: 0. Seriously, FUCK those guys.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2006, 09:09:49 pm
Chris Farley & David Spade: 1, John Lennon & Paul McCartney: 0. Seriously, FUCK those guys.

Well, shit, look who didn't even make the list:

Elvis & Priscilla
Sam & Dave
Beavis & Butthead
Peyton & Marvin
Potsy & Ralph

And, given the thread title, Adam West & Burt Ward (or at least Batman and Robin).
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 13, 2006, 09:17:54 pm
Jay and Silent Bob
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2006, 09:34:05 pm
Felix & Oscar, Kate & Allie, Rincewind & The Luggage, Caramon & Raistlin, Lenny & Carl
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 13, 2006, 09:36:01 pm
Marx & Lennon (http://www.zbs.org/catalog/images/zbs/06hum/HOW.jpg)
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Drygioni on March 13, 2006, 09:38:33 pm
Withnail & I
Those two guys off that one James Bond movie. You know.
Posh & Becks
Soft Cell
Ted Crilly & Dougal MacGuire
Pete Doherty & Carl Barat (I doubt anyone here likes them, thankfully)
Doctor Who & <current assistant>
Nobby & Colon
Rincewind & the Luggage
Asterix & Obelix

Damn, these are essential!
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2006, 09:41:52 pm

Felix & Oscar, Kate & Allie, Rincewind & The Luggage, Caramon & Raistlin, Lenny & Carl

Withnail & I
Those two guys off that one James Bond movie. You know.
Posh & Becks
Soft Cell
Ted Crilly & Dougal MacGuire
Pete Doherty & Carl Barat (I doubt anyone here likes them, thankfully)
Doctor Who & <current assistant>
Nobby & Colon
Rincewind & the Luggage
Asterix & Obelix

Damn, these are essential!


Whoops.
Also, I'm sorry I started this.
Also, Becker and Fagen.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2006, 09:46:59 pm
This is heading into "Things that don't exist (http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=233)" territory.

Also, how did I not notice Jake & Elwood were added to the poll?
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: AugustWest on March 13, 2006, 09:47:27 pm
Personally, I'm most partial to Howard, Fine and Howard, but they don't meet the criteria.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2006, 09:50:56 pm
This is heading into "Things that don't exist (http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=233)" territory.

Also, how did I not notice Jake & Elwood were added to the poll?

Man that comic really doesn't do it for me.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Hobot on March 13, 2006, 10:15:41 pm
Marx & Lennon (http://www.zbs.org/catalog/images/zbs/06hum/HOW.jpg)



Substituting Cyrillic letters for English ones confuses me.  For instance, I automatically pronounced Marx's name as "MDYACH," which isn't right at all.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 13, 2006, 10:19:40 pm


Substituting Cyrillic letters for English ones confuses me.  For instance, I automatically pronounced Marx's name as "MDYACH," which isn't right at all.

It's.. whaddaya call it.  Satire.

Look, I didn't make it.  Blame Firesign.  Those guys were pretty much high all the time anyway.

(What I do like however is the idea of Groucho and John going on a tour.  I can't imagine what the hell they'd do on stage but just once I'd like to see the tagline "Marx and Lennon: Together Again!"  Maybe "After all these years!"  Did I mention this was a reunion tour?  It is.  My brain is a scary place.)
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Hobot on March 13, 2006, 10:21:48 pm
It's.. whaddaya call it.  Satire.

Look, I didn't make it.  Blame Firesign.  Those guys were pretty much high all the time anyway.

(What I do like however is the idea of Groucho and John going on a tour.  I can't imagine what the hell they'd do on stage but just once I'd like to see the tagline "Marx and Lennon: Together Again!"  Maybe "After all these years!"  Did I mention this was a reuinion tour?  It is.  My brain is a scary place.)


So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: jough on March 13, 2006, 11:12:16 pm
What about Lenny & Squiggy?

Hello!
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2006, 11:50:10 pm
Bauchelain & Korbal Broach because necromancy is awesome
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 14, 2006, 12:24:23 am
Scratch & Sniff
Louis & Billy Ray
Assault & Battery
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: misterqueue on March 14, 2006, 12:56:52 am
Sex & Violence!
Cats & Dogs!
Prince & The New Power Generation!
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, & Thyme!
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: V-Adore on March 14, 2006, 01:37:04 am
I may have missed them, but if Merry & Pippin haven't come up yet in this thread, it is a goddamn travesty.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 14, 2006, 02:28:51 am
Oh fuck, I completely forgot:

Worker & Parasite

I'm nowhere near as cool as I thought I was.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 14, 2006, 03:27:30 am
MY WANG & YOUR MOM

Can we lock this thread yet?
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 14, 2006, 03:29:16 am
In before lock.

sorry.
Title: Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
Post by: V-Adore on March 14, 2006, 04:52:32 am
Never let it be said that I don't listen to my constituency.