Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Poll

Which is your favorite dynamic duo?

Weebl & Bob
Sifl & Olly
Ren & Stimpy
Pinky & The Brain
I.R. Baboon & I.M. Weasel
Abbott & Costello
Lenny & Squiggy
Martin & Lewis
Lennon & McCartney
Chris Farley & David Spade
Laurel & Hardy
Dolly Parton & Porter Wagner
You & Me
Jake & Elwood Blues
Ray & Roast Beef
dang man why you gotta waste my time with this crap
Tom & Jerry
Itchy & Scratchy
Sampson & Delilah
Elvis & Pricilla
Sam & Dave
Bevis & Butthead
Peyton & Marvin
Potsy & Ralph
Adam West & Burt Ward
Jay & Silent Bob
Caramon & Raistlin
Felix & Oscar
Kate & Allie
Rincewind & The Luggage
Lenny & Carl
The Old Man & The Sea
Jesus & Mary Chain
Becker & Fagan
Becks & Posh
Ted Crilly & Dougal MacGuire
Pete Doherty & Carl Barat
Nobby & Colon
Asterix & Obelix
Lenny & Squiggy
Bauchelain & Korbal Broach
Scratch & Sniff
Lois & Billy Ray
Assault & Battery
Sex & Violence
Worker & Parasite
Batman & Robin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?  (Read 13003 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2006, 06:45:13 pm »

Oh, stop being so goddamned British!
Eh, you bloody yanks, trigger happy bastards, all you want is oil you fat wankers etc. etc. In my own defence, I'm not this guy.


I loves a bit of tea.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2006, 07:15:10 pm »

And a spot of Gor-GON-zola?

Thank you for at least not accusing us of wanting to build McDonalds everywhere.   
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006, 07:29:14 pm »

It's a show that you can't get if you didn't see

Sometimes I think that you can't get anything unless you actually experience it, but what do I know?

Also, Monty Python was on PBS.

Not to be a dick, but Monty Python has been broadcast on both PBS and MTV.

I remember, too, when MTV showed videos and nothing but (well, periodically they would show concerts as well). You know what? It sort of sucked. They had a tremendous catalog of crap. And what a momentous occasion when they finally broadcast a video by Michael Jackson - for you see, there was also a time when MTV did not show videos by people without lily-white skin. Imagine that!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006, 07:47:32 pm »

Eh, you bloody yanks, trigger happy bastards, all you want is oil you fat wankers etc. etc. In my own defence, I'm not this guy.


I loves a bit of tea.


I will admit that I was an anglophile for a long time, but more for the fact that the UK has much more interesting history (and I'm a history nerd) than the States, than any of the reasons mentioned in that admittedly hilarious article.  I've been using the "proper" spellings of words since about the 8th grade, because Noah Webster was full of shit (please note I did not type "shite").  English words are spelled "colour" and "centre" because they come from French, a delightfully closely-monitored language that is trustworthy and admirable in its anal retentiveness. 
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2006, 07:57:07 pm »


I will admit that I was an anglophile for a long time, but more for the fact that the UK has much more interesting history (and I'm a history nerd) than the States, than any of the reasons mentioned in that admittedly hilarious article.  I've been using the "proper" spellings of words since about the 8th grade, because Noah Webster was full of shit (please note I did not type "shite").  English words are spelled "colour" and "centre" because they come from French, a delightfully closely-monitored language that is trustworthy and admirable in its anal retentiveness. 

You do not want to go down this road again, do you?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 08:31:48 pm »

You do not want to go down this road again, do you?

Oh God, can't this road be blown up, barricaded off, erased from the map and declared utterly and permanently closed?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2006, 08:48:19 pm »

Oh God, can't this road be blown up, barricaded off, erased from the map and declared utterly and permanently closed?

You do not want to go down this road again, do you?


I am shamefaced.  Let us never speak of this again.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2006, 08:51:52 pm »


I am shamefaced.  Let us never speak of this again.
I was ashen-faced.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2006, 08:59:15 pm »

Andalucia's been here all along!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2006, 10:30:45 pm »

I remember, too, when MTV showed videos and nothing but (well, periodically they would show concerts as well). You know what? It sort of sucked. They had a tremendous catalog of crap. And what a momentous occasion when they finally broadcast a video by Michael Jackson - for you see, there was also a time when MTV did not show videos by people without lily-white skin. Imagine that!

That's only because MTV refused to play "Billie Jean," which made the president of CBS threaten to withhold all music videos from the various CBS labels ( i.e. no Springsteen ) until they relented. 
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 10:35:43 pm »

That's only because MTV refused to play "Billie Jean," which made the president of CBS threaten to withhold all music videos from the various CBS labels ( i.e. no Springsteen ) until they relented. 

At the time, MTV wasn't playing any videos by any black artists, and Michael Jackson was already a pretty big deal. I'll agree that the fallout was as you say, but the initial situation was that MTV didn't play videos by blacks. It's pretty much that simple.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2006, 12:24:10 am »

Well then, let me drop my 2 cents back into the dynamic duo jar.
Ren & Stimpy started airing roughly at the same time as Pinky & The Brain/Animaniacs here in Brazil, around 93/94. Those were my first couple of years in college, and suddenly I was torn between my new college friends, who loved the Warner stuff because it was "clever" and "postmodern", as opposed to that gross and stupid Ren & Stimpy show; and my bandmates back in my hometown, who thought Ren & Stimpy was just frikkin AWESOME.
Needless to say, I'll sing the Happy Happy, Joy Joy song all the way to the grave.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2006, 12:34:16 am »

Well then, let me drop my 2 cents back into the dynamic duo jar.
Ren & Stimpy started airing roughly at the same time as Pinky & The Brain/Animaniacs here in Brazil, around 93/94. Those were my first couple of years in college, and suddenly I was torn between my new college friends, who loved the Warner stuff because it was "clever" and "postmodern", as opposed to that gross and stupid Ren & Stimpy show; and my bandmates back in my hometown, who thought Ren & Stimpy was just frikkin AWESOME.
Needless to say, I'll sing the Happy Happy, Joy Joy song all the way to the grave.

Brazil? Isn't it the middle of the night? Get off the computer and go to bed - or, failing that, go out and get drunk and pick up loose women.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2006, 04:07:42 am »

Loose women? Good idea, I'll see if I can find some beneath the sofa cushions.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2006, 04:18:09 am »

Not to be a dick, but Monty Python has been broadcast on both PBS and MTV.

I didn't mean to say that it hadn't been on MTV.   In the 70's, before MTV existed, Python was on PBS.  That's all I was trying to convey.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up