The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 03:58:05 am

Title: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 03:58:05 am
Since it is midnight where she is I figure this is a good time to say it, so Happy Birthday Hobot!  I give unto you a million HUUUUUGS! (Or less, however you enjoy.)


I hope it is basically the best day ever!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: CortJstr on April 21, 2006, 04:05:46 am
What, no spankings?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 04:07:54 am
What, no spankings?

Those were implied.. implied
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobot on April 21, 2006, 04:12:56 am
Thank you!  It still doesn't feel like my birthday, since I have yet to go to bed, but I will try to make this a good day upon waking.

EDIT: How many spankings do I get?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 04:16:01 am
EDIT: How many spankings do I get?

As many as it takes.*



*Or you take, you know, whatever you want; it's your birthday after all.


SALACIOUS!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2006, 04:24:01 am
Happy birthday! Don't let that sick fuck spank you too hard, now, y'hear?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Doc on April 21, 2006, 04:38:00 am
It's taking all my strength not to go on a needless castle of anthrax tangent here.

Meanwhile you guys either need to get a room or a webcam. Friendship is about sharing damnit.

Ok enough of my bitching, Hobot, you are the lovliest face on a crepe (or taco roll or whatever) I have ever seen and I hope you stay that way instead of being horribly ravaged by merciless time like the rest of us will be.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2006, 05:11:25 am
I thought starting birthday threads was my job.  MY JOB!!!

Happy Birthday Hobot.  Since Senor Sick Fuck started this thread instead of me we are already discussing your bottom and the nature of the spankings you will be receiving and how they will sting your teenaged bottom and turn it a pleasant rosy pink color and the sound of the hand repeatedly smacking your bottom and making your bottom quiver and the noises you will make such as moans and excited whelps.  But I'm not going to participate in that.

I only wish to tell you happy birthday and hope for you a day filled with joy and happiness and fun and friends and family.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 05:13:32 am
I thought starting birthday threads was my job.  MY JOB!!!

In this case I had to steal your thunder sir Paul.  I am sorry about this, but know that I still love you like a brother.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: jough on April 21, 2006, 05:14:35 am
Paul got a little creepier than usual on that last post.

Well, Happy Birthday, Hobot-one.  Today we have changed the forum header JUST FOR YOU.  This is only the second time this has happened in the history of the board, so of course everyone else will resent you for it.

Cheers.

A propos of nothing, today is also my paternal grandmother's 80th birthday.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: AugustWest on April 21, 2006, 05:59:36 am
What kind of pinata should we get Hobot?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Mite on April 21, 2006, 11:39:52 am
What kind of pinata should we get Hobot?

An ultraviolent one? Toss back a couple of molokos and paint the town red. With blood.

Happy birthday!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on April 21, 2006, 11:49:03 am
Happy Day for you, Hobot. I hope nice things happen to you today.


I'm getting really creeped out by the 3 dozen little floating Hobot heads staring at me in the background on the top. Am I the only one?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: wombat on April 21, 2006, 12:41:50 pm
It's taking all my strength not to go on a needless castle of anthrax tangent here.


Oh come on.  What kind of a thread is it that doesn't wander off onto a tangent? What kind of a gift is that?

And, I can't see the new header.  I guess it's only for the guys.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 12:53:17 pm
Oh come on.  What kind of a thread is it that doesn't wander off onto a tangent? What kind of a gift is that?

And, I can't see the new header.  I guess it's only for the guys.

CTRL + F5 if you are in windows womby.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: acoxcae on April 21, 2006, 01:03:16 pm
Jough - you can't just go changing the header and background image when there's a possibility I'll see it early in the morning at work whille hung over.  I had to reload the page twice before I realized what the hell was going on.

Aside from that, Happy Birthday Hobot!  I'm sure that life will bring you a generous bounty of glee today.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: miles on April 21, 2006, 01:09:43 pm
Happy birthday!  May your stalkers give you respite today.

But considering the header, doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: wombat on April 21, 2006, 01:27:11 pm
CTRL + F5 if you are in windows womby.

Oohh... Well, honey, this is why your momma warned you not to give your picture to strange men on the internet.  Because they will pass it on to other strange men who will do strange things to it.

Also Jough I am disappointed that you didn't recognize Paul's post as obvious satire.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: CortJstr on April 21, 2006, 02:27:31 pm
Also Jough I am disappointed that you didn't recognize Paul's post as obvious satire.

Apparently satire is hott!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobot on April 21, 2006, 02:32:13 pm
I am sorry if my floating visage has creeped you out.  Remember, it's only for one day.  Just think of it as a gentle reminder that I'm always watching.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone!  I skipped my first class this morning, so the day is already off to a fantastic start.  

And yes, Jough, I am very honoured.  I am sorry if the rest of the more deserving old school members resent me for it; my advice to them is to obtain a stalker as dedicated as Q.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Roger on April 21, 2006, 02:35:50 pm
Hey there, happy birthday!
Since I couldn't get you a case of white zinfandel, and to make up for your class-skipping, I will bestow upon you the gift of education: Today also happens to be a national holiday here in Brazil, in honor of this dude who in 1792 went all seditious and conspiratious with a bunch of other dudes in order to get some Independence. And for that he was hanged and quartered, in that order I hope.
Kinda like Braveheart, see? Only a little more boring.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Mantonio on April 21, 2006, 02:53:40 pm
Hope the big One-Nine is treatin' you well, Hobot. Remember only two more years and you can drink a beer without running afoul of the law.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2006, 03:26:12 pm
The header is madness. Madness, I tell you.

But... you know, in a good way. In a fun, nice way. Or something.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: jough on April 21, 2006, 03:33:11 pm
I am sorry if my floating visage has creeped you out.  Remember, it's only for one day.  Just think of it as a gentle reminder that I'm always watching.

Actually, I like it. It brings a creepy nervous energy to the board.  I think that tomorrow I will change back the logo, but will leave the floating Hobot heads up there.

Quote
And yes, Jough, I am very honoured.  I am sorry if the rest of the more deserving old school members resent me for it; my advice to them is to obtain a stalker as dedicated as Q.

Or a web admin who is as willing to help said stalker advance his internet virtual stalking, as long as said stalking remains virtual.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: side_show on April 21, 2006, 03:49:20 pm
Happy birthday Hobot.  May you always be more of a ho than a bot.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: wombat on April 21, 2006, 04:14:17 pm
I think that tomorrow I will change back the logo, but will leave the floating wombat heads up there.


The floating what heads? 

Interesting slip Mr. G.O.D.!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Drygioni on April 21, 2006, 04:21:22 pm
Happy Birthday Hobot! What's left of your day will hopefully not involve death.

Would you know it, it's also the Queen's birthday today!

Sorry for the late birthday greetings, but timezones and school really do conspire to fuck things up.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobot on April 21, 2006, 04:36:52 pm
Happy Birthday Hobot! What's left of your day will hopefully not involve death.

Would you know it, it's also the Queen's birthday today!

Sorry for the late birthday greetings, but timezones and school really do conspire to fuck things up.

As a recovering Anglophile, I was distantly aware of the fact that it is the Queen's birthday as well.  It is also the day on which Rome was founded (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_of_Rome#The_date_of_the_founding_of_Rome), which is apt, considering my real name is Latin.

The greetings are hardly belated, as it is only noon-thirty here.  Thank you for your good wishes from across the Pond!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobot on April 21, 2006, 04:39:35 pm
Actually, I like it. It brings a creepy nervous energy to the board.  I think that tomorrow I will change back the logo, but will leave the floating wombat heads up there.

Or a web admin who is as willing to help said stalker advance his internet virtual stalking, as long as said stalking remains virtual.

Yes, obviously none of this would have been possible without the benevolent compliance of our much-beloved Lord and Master.  Three cheers for Jough!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: jough on April 21, 2006, 04:54:05 pm
The floating what heads? 

Interesting slip Mr. G.O.D.!

Oops!  Paging Dr. Freud!

I secretly replaced one internet stalker's muse with another's.  I am ashamed.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: robot_god on April 21, 2006, 04:56:25 pm
G'birthday.   :tip hat:   Be sure to have nachos.  Wait, do you eat cheese?  At least cakes.  Oh eggs.

The only thing missing from the page layout is the Beatles midi, maybe some sorta confetti cursor.  Oh man, make the heads spinning gifs!  Now thats what I'd call a celebration!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2006, 05:04:24 pm
Jough I am disappointed that you didn't recognize Paul's post as obvious satire.

Yeah satire, that's the ticket.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2006, 05:08:18 pm
(insert obligatory joke about being old/crotchety/upstaged/so alone)

Hey, someone has to be the board's Gramma K, right? I'm willing to step up.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: jough on April 21, 2006, 05:08:30 pm
Paul, just don't mention Achewood at your arraignment.  We don't need that kind of traffic.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2006, 05:11:00 pm
Paul, just don't mention Achewood at your arraignment.

The disembodied Hobot heads made me do it.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobot on April 21, 2006, 05:11:48 pm
The disembodied Hobot heads made me do it.

~Paul

It's a good thing they're not barking at you.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2006, 05:13:33 pm
Hey, someone has to be the board's Gramma K, right?

You are Rad V.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2006, 05:16:05 pm
It's a good thing they're not barking at you.

So when are you gonna post the pictures of you sitting on your birthday cake?

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: theinevitable on April 21, 2006, 05:23:14 pm
oh man! happy birthday!

may it be the best of days.

You might even meet another of my friends! A friend from Cornell is also visiting smith today. she saw Sarah and said hi, and they're going to hang out. (I think she was stalking her? I'm not sure how she could have ever known what Sarah looked like.)

hope you like the cd!

huuuugggsss!

*pantomimes spank, but does not actually perform it*

finally: Q, I hope you will save these GIF's for me, as I am in st louis, and without my computer.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobot on April 21, 2006, 05:43:54 pm
oh man! happy birthday!

may it be the best of days.

You might even meet another of my friends! A friend from Cornell is also visiting smith today. she saw Sarah and said hi, and they're going to hang out. (I think she was stalking her? I'm not sure how she could have ever known what Sarah looked like.)

hope you like the cd!

huuuugggsss!

*pantomimes spank, but does not actually perform it*

finally: Q, I hope you will save these GIF's for me, as I am in st louis, and without my computer.

Thank you!  I hope you're having a lovely time visiting Wash U.  Yes, Sarah informed me this morning that your friend from Cornell attended the same Special Breakfast for Smart People as her this morning.  So that is exciting.

I have not yet listened to the mix, but I plan on doing so very soon.  Unfortunately, I do not have headphones (only the earbuds that came with my iPod), but I am looking into acquiring a nice pair sometime in the near future.

HUUUGS for theinevitable, and for everyone!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 06:24:42 pm
oh man! happy birthday!

may it be the best of days.

You might even meet another of my friends! A friend from Cornell is also visiting smith today. she saw Sarah and said hi, and they're going to hang out. (I think she was stalking her? I'm not sure how she could have ever known what Sarah looked like.)

hope you like the cd!

huuuugggsss!

*pantomimes spank, but does not actually perform it*

finally: Q, I hope you will save these GIF's for me, as I am in st louis, and without my computer.

Dude... where do you think jough GOT the gifs?  Me.

I win.. always remember this.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: jough on April 21, 2006, 07:31:17 pm
Q sent me a whole bunch of photos of Hobot, but I decided to use one of the photos she was likely aware was taken rather than some of the ones that the guy Q paid to follow her around and take photos took, although I almost went with one of the ones of Hobot in the shower, just because I thought it would have been fun for her to try to figure out where the lipstick camera was hidden (hint: the photos are all looking up at her undercarriage, and are waterproof).
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 07:43:01 pm
MMmm... undercarriage... that's my favorite kind of carriage.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: wombat on April 21, 2006, 07:43:48 pm
Paul Jough got a little creepier than usual on that last post.


Fixed that for you.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 07:54:51 pm
MMmm... Hobot undercarriage... that's my favorite kind of carriage.

Fixed that for me.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 21, 2006, 08:30:30 pm
I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but Hobot picked a good date for her birthday.  It's also my and Mrs. del Vaca's weddin' anniversary.  Five years, holy crap.

Good birthin', Hobot.  Have a happy.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobot on April 21, 2006, 08:36:19 pm
I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but Hobot picked a good date for her birthday.  It's also my and Mrs. del Vaca's weddin' anniversary.  Five years, holy crap.

Good birthin', Hobot.  Have a happy.

Thank you, and congratulations to you and the missus.  Truly, today is the most glorious of days.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: misterqueue on April 21, 2006, 08:57:26 pm
Also congrats to Good Sir Carlos!  I appologize as I do not have any pics of you and the ladywife to give to jough and put on the main page.. but that does not mean I mean the congrats ANY LESS.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2006, 11:26:22 pm
Congrats, Carlos! That's some refreshingly non-creepy news in this otherwise... well, Q-stained thread.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: jough on April 22, 2006, 12:58:04 am
At least by changing the header Q has a more legitimate reason to beat off while looking at the board now.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: wombat on April 22, 2006, 01:31:08 am
Paul Jough got a little creepier than usual on that last post.


Repeated that for you.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: theinevitable on April 22, 2006, 05:34:47 pm
hmm.

The reason for the headphone thing is that I listen to all music on headphones. So I automatically assume that all music sounds better on them.

they're good on anything that lets you hear direction-- especially "There you Are"

yeah, hope you and sarah had a good time watching asian movies.
and I hope i will get the chance to explain certain things which I sent text messages to her about.
I am not that guy, I swear.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Hobot on April 22, 2006, 06:13:06 pm
hmm.

The reason for the headphone thing is that I listen to all music on headphones. So I automatically assume that all music sounds better on them.

they're good on anything that lets you hear direction-- especially "There you Are"

yeah, hope you and sarah had a good time watching asian movies.
and I hope i will get the chance to explain certain things which I sent text messages to her about.
I am not that guy, I swear.

I have some pretty awesome speakers (http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=CREATUREIIWHT&cat=&ser=HMM) (they look like spaceships!), but, like I said, I wouldn't mind investing in a nice pair of headphones.  It's something to look into.  Do you (or does anyone) have any recommendations?

Sarah and I did indeed have a nice time with our mini Asian movie fest.  She seemed to enjoy "Oldboy" quite a bit (I had already seen it, and loved it just as much the second time).  Unfortunately, we fell asleep in the middle of "2046," because it was around 2 AM at that point.  Oh well.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: theinevitable on April 22, 2006, 06:44:32 pm
I don't know. I've been unhappy with my headphones ever since my old ones broke.

they were huge. I loved them. I don't remember who made them.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: Drygioni on April 22, 2006, 07:03:14 pm
Fuck headphones. Only with speakers can you feel the pulse.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: theinevitable on April 22, 2006, 07:06:09 pm
yeah, the pulse where my dad is pounding on the door because I woke up my mom.

except, he's never done that. There was a fun scene where I didnt' realize that because the stereo was old/fancy, inserting the headphone jack did not turn off the speakers.

the loud part of Don, Aman (Slint) was not fun for my mom at like 2 AM.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: robot_god on April 22, 2006, 10:01:12 pm
Ya know what I just realized, the problem with headphones is the cord.  Wireless headphones, that's a million dollar idea right there.

And you can hook up many to one output!  Make that a billion dollar idea!

I haven't used headphones since I got a car.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: jough on April 23, 2006, 01:11:37 am
I have a set of wireless headphones and they're great for watching movies late at night without waking up anyone else who may be in the same house/room with you.

For music... not so much.  They work, but they're not so great sounding.  Of course, I'm spoiled by my Sony in-ear canal phones, which sound phenomenal.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 23, 2006, 01:36:56 am
Of course, I'm spoiled by my Sony in-ear canal phones, which sound phenomenal.

Yes, that's what I have and I agree.  So you can understand why I prefer them to the factory speakers in my car.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: jough on April 23, 2006, 04:43:19 am
There's nothing better to have in your ear when the paramedics are using the jaws of life to cut away the bent metal that has wrapped around your body after the accident.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: robot_god on April 23, 2006, 05:07:09 am
There's nothing better to have in your ear when the paramedics are using the jaws of life...

...than the When I'm 64 mp3.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: AugustWest on April 23, 2006, 05:44:41 am
There's nothing better to have in your ear when the paramedics are using the jaws of life to cut away the bent metal that has wrapped around your body after the accident.

I think it would be very informative to do some research to determine whether deaf people have a greater incidence of traffic accidents than hearing folks.  Personally, I think that driving is almost exclusively a visual task.  The only relevant auditory input I can think of is emergency vehicle sirens.  Those are pretty rare.

I guess listening to music is a distraction while you drive.  So is holding a conversation with a passenger.  Or conversing over a cell phone. Or eating, drinking, scratching, smoking or a thousand other things.  I guess I don't understand why listening to music over headphones is supposed to be more distracting that listening to music over speakers.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
Post by: robot_god on April 23, 2006, 06:32:01 am
I guess I don't understand why listening to music over headphones is supposed to be more distracting that listening to music over speakers.

Probably conditioning.