The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AugustWest on May 30, 2006, 10:00:06 pm

Title: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: AugustWest on May 30, 2006, 10:00:06 pm
Women were much more flexible in the 40s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1CITKXovAY
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: smick on May 30, 2006, 10:11:28 pm
Watching that, my mind just couldn't quite grasp what it was seeing. 
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: misterqueue on May 30, 2006, 10:17:43 pm
Nah.  Nowadays they just have to be Chinese. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaRJFM3EAZw&search=chinese%20acrobat)

Or even better, in Cirque Du Soleil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGXnC18nlTg&search=acrobat%20flexible)

I kid, I kid.  I have videos disproving my own hypothesis, but I don't think youtube allows you to upload those kind of videos.

(Is he bluffing or not?!  Only my hard drive knows for sure!)
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: theinevitable on May 30, 2006, 11:20:25 pm
man... that melody was killing my ears.
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: jough on May 31, 2006, 02:32:06 am
Even though those women are all old enough to be my grandmother, that is one of the hottest things I've seen lately.

It's not just that they can contort - but look at how strong they are.  The girl who pulled herself back up after laying down on the tractor(?) was just incredible.

Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: AugustWest on May 31, 2006, 02:47:03 am
It's not just that they can contort - but look at how strong they are.  The girl who pulled herself back up after laying down on the tractor(?) was just incredible.



Exactly.  That and the eating the apple off the hayloft thing were pretty mind-bending.
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: Mite on May 31, 2006, 12:50:17 pm
And they can do that stuff without looking like soviet bloc gymnasts. All no boobs and crazy thighs.
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: smick on May 31, 2006, 03:23:42 pm
And they can do that stuff without looking like soviet bloc gymnasts. All no boobs and crazy thighs.

Totally, my special ladyfriend was asking that question.   How can they lift themselves like that and not be all muscle?

Solid Potato Salad, Oi! Oi!
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: pmcd9 on May 31, 2006, 03:25:46 pm
I watched that thing 5 times.  I want me some solid potato salad.  I wonder if those fine ladies are still alive...

~Paul
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 08, 2006, 07:04:35 pm
Women were much more flexible in the 40s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1CITKXovAY

Copyright violation'd!
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: jough on June 08, 2006, 07:50:16 pm
I'm glad I downloaded it while the gettin' was good.
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: linnea on June 08, 2006, 08:19:18 pm
Dammit! Warner Bros. had them remove it due to copyright violations. Suck! I never got to see it.
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: jough on June 08, 2006, 08:35:57 pm
Oh man, you missed it.  It was awesome. ;)
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: side_show on June 08, 2006, 10:47:57 pm
Oh, that reminds me - in this short film screen play I was writting, I had three burnt out child-star sisters in need of names, and I named them after these ladies. 
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: Hobot on June 08, 2006, 10:52:27 pm
Oh, that reminds me - in this short film screen play I was writting, I had three burnt out child-star sisters in need of names, and I named them after these ladies. 

I feel sorry for Elmira.  Not only is her name kind of unfortunate, but also it doesn't even rhyme with the other two.
Title: Re: Wow. Just wow.
Post by: side_show on June 08, 2006, 10:56:18 pm
I feel sorry for Elmira.  Not only is her name kind of unfortunate, but also it doesn't even rhyme with the other two.

Ah, yes, but Agnes, Margaret and Elmira are the best old lady names ever.