The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on June 15, 2006, 02:06:06 pm

Title: Google Shakespeare
Post by: jough on June 15, 2006, 02:06:06 pm
Just when they're ramping up their Evil, Google goes and does a thing:

http://google.com/shakespeare

Pretty nice way to search various editions of Shakespeare's texts.  I wouldn't have thought that literature sites was a market that Google felt needed to be crushed, but there you go.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 15, 2006, 02:44:17 pm
I approve of this, if only for the reason that it gives me another chance to use the phrase "making the beast with two backs". 
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on June 15, 2006, 05:01:25 pm
q... that is such an ugly phrase. I do not understand why it ever has to be used.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 15, 2006, 05:12:10 pm
Because it is such a deliciously ugly phrase.

In fact, I may have to start using it in real life all the time.


Cause.. you know... I'm clearly not creepy enough in real life anyway, er.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on June 15, 2006, 05:52:50 pm
Q, you are allowed to use it for now, but once I get to St Louis, I expect it to stop. I will not be within 50 miles of someone using that phrase.

also: have you seen the Chihuly exhibit? I heard it is pretty awesome from a girl.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 15, 2006, 05:57:32 pm
Man I don't even think they'd let me into a place where it said "exhibit" on the front.


But seriously, I am not into glass so much, so um, no I haven't.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2006, 06:02:25 pm
also: have you seen the Chihuly exhibit? I heard it is pretty awesome from a girl.

My Mother-in-Law said it was awesome.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 15, 2006, 06:28:45 pm
I think it was Chihuly a few years ago in Chicago - he installed dozens of his pieces in and among the plantings of a large park conservatory. It got great reviews and people said it was pretty dramatic.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2006, 06:56:48 pm
"Hey baby, want to come up to my place and make the beast with two backs?"

Hmm. Nah, it isn't going to work.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: CortJstr on June 15, 2006, 07:39:34 pm
"Hey baby, want to come up to my place and make the beast with two backs?"

Hmm. Nah, it isn't going to work.

Nice shoes...
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 29, 2006, 08:43:28 pm
Q, you are allowed to use it for now, but once I get to St Louis, I expect it to stop. I will not be within 50 miles of someone using that phrase.

also: have you seen the Chihuly exhibit? I heard it is pretty awesome from a girl.

Well now I have.  There's pictures on flickr.  I didn't go for that reason, he just happened to be overrunning the gardens with his retarded glass.

There was one bit that was pretty neat but mostly I was annoyed that it was busy on a Thursday when it's usually dead during the week and so many slow old people there to see glass that looks like sperm.  I mean really.. it didn't blow me away.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: wombat on June 29, 2006, 09:13:35 pm
Dunno about the glass, but that's a lot of nice reptile pictures.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 29, 2006, 09:31:13 pm
Dunno about the glass, but that's a lot of nice reptile pictures.

There would have been a lot more if I hadn't run out of memory cards.

No Elephants cause fuck Elephants though.


Also waterbats. (http://www.misterqueue.com/zoongarden%20084.mpg)
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on June 29, 2006, 09:47:47 pm
waterbats?
like... aquabats?

*skanks too hard and falls over*
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 29, 2006, 10:01:28 pm
waterbats?
like... aquabats?

*skanks too hard and falls over*

No.. not at all like aquabats... no.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on June 29, 2006, 10:05:44 pm
ok. um.

was that your voice?
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 29, 2006, 10:11:21 pm
Yes.. that was my voice.  I don't normally sound like that though.  I was laughing at some silly antics prior so I'm all high pitchy.

More examples of my voice.    (http://www.misterqueue.com/chef.avi)

I am just the overheard guy, the other person is a friend of mine and a parrot.

Further also my voice (reading something I wrote) (http://www.misterqueue.com/homage-pass2.mp3)


You did ask.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: jough on June 29, 2006, 11:55:43 pm
What the fuck was that?
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 30, 2006, 12:16:17 am
Heh.. which one?
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Drygioni on June 30, 2006, 12:33:04 am
Holy Mary mother of God, that second one was a definite 'what the fuck was that!' moment. I thought 'The Voices' had finally returned.

Your speech reminds me of that one movie-star guy. The one who has the American accent, and isn't a comedian.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 30, 2006, 12:41:48 am
Holy Mary mother of God, that second one was a definite 'what the fuck was that!' moment. I thought 'The Voices' had finally returned.

Your speech reminds me of that one movie-star guy. The one who has the American accent, and isn't a comedian.

Oh yeah... THAT one.



The link you're speaking of is basically me looped over myself reading something I wrote (with lots of groaning and mewling from me in the background.)
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Drygioni on June 30, 2006, 12:52:30 am
The link you're speaking of is basically me looped over myself reading something I wrote (with lots of groaning and mewling from me in the background.)

Now I'm imagining you as a star in some noir movie. An intelligent, articulate yet increasingly insane man by day, by night he hears the mewling of kittens come to haunt him. Groaning and mewling plays throughout the scene while the man shakes and sweats, attempting to calm himself with his own diaries, assuring himself by holding the remnants of his sane self.

I have a feeling I crossed a boundary somewhere there; if this is the case, profuse apologies from me are beyond endless.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 30, 2006, 12:54:04 am
Boundary nothing, you get a can my friend!
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: jough on June 30, 2006, 12:56:41 am
Get a room you two.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 30, 2006, 12:58:09 am
We have one already, it's #touamb
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: jough on June 30, 2006, 01:36:14 am
I was going to follow up with "His nick is 'JudyIsADickSlap' not 'JudySlapsYourDick'" but then I figured... meh.

The moral of this story though is that maybe Q likes his dick slapped. You don't know!
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on June 30, 2006, 04:38:25 am
YES.

that is basically wonderful. TouAMB as Ouroboros.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Hobot on June 30, 2006, 01:14:43 pm
The link you're speaking of is basically me looped over myself reading something I wrote (with lots of groaning and mewling from me in the background.)

I thought it was pretty fuck*n' cool.  It's a good thing I have my headphones, though, as I am at work.  I doubt my fellow lab workers would have appreciated it.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 30, 2006, 01:21:38 pm
I thought it was pretty fuck*n' cool.  It's a good thing I have my headphones, though, as I am at work.  I doubt my fellow lab workers would have appreciated it.

Yes, also they would've been such as "What the hell are you listening to?!"

I believe I have two more of these but they're not as good.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Drygioni on June 30, 2006, 01:26:34 pm
It's a good thing I have my headphones, though

Seconded. My parents get all up in my face when they hear groaning emanating from my room.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: misterqueue on June 30, 2006, 01:35:15 pm
Seconded. My parents get all up in my face when they hear groaning emanating from my room.

REDUX (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2853.msg68248.html#msg68248)!
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: dejavroom on June 30, 2006, 02:35:05 pm
My parents get all up in my face when they hear groaning emanating from my room.

Your parents are a kinky lot. Kinky.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Limmo on June 30, 2006, 09:55:45 pm
I think it was Chihuly a few years ago in Chicago - he installed dozens of his pieces in and among the plantings of a large park conservatory. It got great reviews and people said it was pretty dramatic.

Getting this thread back on-topi...er, on-first-tangent: when I win the Super Lotto this weekend, I'm going to have Dale Chihuly build me a pool. (http://www.chihuly.com/installations/pool/01.html)
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Hobot on June 30, 2006, 10:17:18 pm
Getting this thread back on-topi...er, on-first-tangent: when I win the Super Lotto this weekend, I'm going to have Dale Chihuly build me a pool. (http://www.chihuly.com/installations/pool/01.html)

Man, that is not a pool into which you want to drunkenly fling yourself.






EDITED to correct a prepositional error I had debated before posting, but which theinevitable pointed out for all to see.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on July 01, 2006, 04:50:23 am
into which, whore!

*slaps*

or "that is not a pool which you want to drunkenly fling yourself into."
because you get to show off the knowledge that it is technically acceptable to end a sentence with a preposition.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: jough on July 01, 2006, 05:00:58 am
Damn, Dan is getting his pimp-on.  You tell her, inevitable.  But dude, you call Hobot a whore again and I'll have to smack you into unconsciousness with my dick.

I'm just saying.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on July 01, 2006, 05:07:27 am
ok, whore was not right. that sounds mean for real. what is an acceptable word-for-a-woman which no one will think I am serious about?
bitch?
slut?
that one that I really enjoy saying but people get mad at me, and it starts with a C?
ho?
hobot?
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: jough on July 01, 2006, 05:10:32 am
Yeah, let's just call the ladies by their names or nicks.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on July 01, 2006, 05:12:08 am
dang. that ruins everything. I think I'll go back to my semi-habit of making up a new nickname for hobot every time.
Quote
into which, hobojules!

*slaps*
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: side_show on July 01, 2006, 05:38:02 am
theinev gets all cocky!

jough stands up for his stable of hoes!

I continue to dislike Shakespeare!

Zip!

Bam!

Pow!
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on July 01, 2006, 05:42:59 am
I love how any time I say anything which isn't "oh golly gee I'm sorry" you guys all comment "wow, inev's really grown a pair!" and "wow, calm down! you're getting all cocky!"

...it's almost like my non-TouAMB friends, who laugh hysterically whenever I try to be mean or angry.

except this one time when I made a girl cry.

Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: side_show on July 01, 2006, 05:55:15 am
I think it is because of your avatar.  No one expects a duckling and kitten to call someone a whore. 

Kitten: Meow, meow... I'll fuck you up, bitch!

Duck: Quack, quack... I'll cut you, whore!

etc.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: theinevitable on July 01, 2006, 06:14:24 am
oh.

then it's working.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Hobot on July 01, 2006, 02:42:11 pm
or "that is not a pool which you want to drunkenly fling yourself into."
because you get to show off the knowledge that it is technically acceptable to end a sentence with a preposition.

NEVER!
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Ben-San on July 01, 2006, 06:24:40 pm
It is a pool into which the drunken flinging of oneself is unwanted.
Title: Re: Google Shakespeare
Post by: Lister on July 04, 2006, 01:25:45 pm
That pool is where the glass is at.  If you all tore up and fall in you gonna get tore up more.