Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Google Shakespeare  (Read 6760 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Google Shakespeare
« on: June 15, 2006, 02:06:06 pm »

Just when they're ramping up their Evil, Google goes and does a thing:

http://google.com/shakespeare

Pretty nice way to search various editions of Shakespeare's texts.  I wouldn't have thought that literature sites was a market that Google felt needed to be crushed, but there you go.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:44:17 pm »

I approve of this, if only for the reason that it gives me another chance to use the phrase "making the beast with two backs". 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 05:01:25 pm »

q... that is such an ugly phrase. I do not understand why it ever has to be used.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 05:12:10 pm »

Because it is such a deliciously ugly phrase.

In fact, I may have to start using it in real life all the time.


Cause.. you know... I'm clearly not creepy enough in real life anyway, er.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 05:52:50 pm »

Q, you are allowed to use it for now, but once I get to St Louis, I expect it to stop. I will not be within 50 miles of someone using that phrase.

also: have you seen the Chihuly exhibit? I heard it is pretty awesome from a girl.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 05:57:32 pm »

Man I don't even think they'd let me into a place where it said "exhibit" on the front.


But seriously, I am not into glass so much, so um, no I haven't.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 06:02:25 pm »

also: have you seen the Chihuly exhibit? I heard it is pretty awesome from a girl.

My Mother-in-Law said it was awesome.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 06:28:45 pm »

I think it was Chihuly a few years ago in Chicago - he installed dozens of his pieces in and among the plantings of a large park conservatory. It got great reviews and people said it was pretty dramatic.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 06:56:48 pm »

"Hey baby, want to come up to my place and make the beast with two backs?"

Hmm. Nah, it isn't going to work.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 07:39:34 pm »

"Hey baby, want to come up to my place and make the beast with two backs?"

Hmm. Nah, it isn't going to work.

Nice shoes...
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 08:43:28 pm »

Q, you are allowed to use it for now, but once I get to St Louis, I expect it to stop. I will not be within 50 miles of someone using that phrase.

also: have you seen the Chihuly exhibit? I heard it is pretty awesome from a girl.

Well now I have.  There's pictures on flickr.  I didn't go for that reason, he just happened to be overrunning the gardens with his retarded glass.

There was one bit that was pretty neat but mostly I was annoyed that it was busy on a Thursday when it's usually dead during the week and so many slow old people there to see glass that looks like sperm.  I mean really.. it didn't blow me away.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 09:13:35 pm »

Dunno about the glass, but that's a lot of nice reptile pictures.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 09:31:13 pm »

Dunno about the glass, but that's a lot of nice reptile pictures.

There would have been a lot more if I hadn't run out of memory cards.

No Elephants cause fuck Elephants though.


Also waterbats.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 09:34:46 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 09:47:47 pm »

waterbats?
like... aquabats?

*skanks too hard and falls over*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Google Shakespeare
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 10:01:28 pm »

waterbats?
like... aquabats?

*skanks too hard and falls over*

No.. not at all like aquabats... no.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up