The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: theinevitable on June 16, 2006, 04:41:09 am

Title: ohno*****.com
Post by: theinevitable on June 16, 2006, 04:41:09 am
Why are we not doing this? A website where you can transcribe comics? Something for us to do when we're waiting for someone to post on the board?

this is delicious.

www.ohno*****.com
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 16, 2006, 04:44:18 am
The idea that there is a site that we cannot share with each other, here, because the name is filtered out is totally awesome.

I kind of want to guess it out?

But I kind of don't.

I like the idea that the internet holds a delicious secret from me, the reality of which could not be as delicious as that secret.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: theinevitable on June 16, 2006, 04:51:14 am
the last word is the word for a metal man. "Rossum's Universal _____"
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: jough on June 16, 2006, 05:12:21 am
We had started a tagging achewood project, but it never got very far.

Maybe I'll start that up again soon, though.  I think the name we decided on was AutoJstr.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: melack on June 16, 2006, 05:38:55 am
I sent Onstad an email a few months back asking him if he would ever consider joining ohno*****, since I was under the impression that only the author can sign up his comic. He was too busy abusing his wife and neglecting his daughter to ever get back to me.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: wombat on June 16, 2006, 12:33:56 pm
And don't forget that poor dog.

I wondered what the downside could be of having us do all the work of transcription, but I looked at the web site and the creator is supposed to check and approve all the input.  Seems like this is only slightly less work than typing it in yourself.  I'd rather he spent his time on getting all the old Serializer content back on line, I guess.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: jough on June 16, 2006, 02:09:03 pm
We'll get the Tagging Achewood project back up and running (since I've already written a lot of the things we'd need for it) and we can mark it up ourselves, making a nice searchable comics database.

It'll be fun.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: CortJstr on June 16, 2006, 03:19:30 pm
Why are we not doing this? A website where you can transcribe comics? Something for us to do when we're waiting for someone to post on the board?

this is delicious.

www.ohno#####.com

As Wombat said there has to be creator involvement for ohno*****. But damn that Ryan North is a freaking Renaissance Man. Ohno*****, Rsspect, Dinosaur Comics, and a former TOUAMB member.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: Drygioni on June 16, 2006, 04:13:19 pm
I sent Onstad an email a few months back asking him if he would ever consider joining ohno#####, since I was under the impression that only the author can sign up his comic. He was too busy abusing his wife and neglecting his daughter to ever get back to me.

-insert Ferocious J rant-

I have no idea about the state of your family affairs Melack, but I'm pretty sure you'd feel like shit if someone on the Internet said that you beat your wife and ignore the needs of your own child. You seem a decent guy and I know you only said it for laughs (unless you know something we don't) but give the man some respect. I mean, he's never suggested 'Melack beats his little sister' or 'Melack steals cash from orphanages''.

Wow, I am grouchy today. Apologies.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: dejavroom on June 16, 2006, 04:26:15 pm
As Wombat said there has to be creator involvement for ohno#####. But damn that Ryan North(...) and a former TOUAMB member.

Was he? Wow. Why did he leave? Wow.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: Drygioni on June 16, 2006, 04:27:19 pm
Was he? Wow. Why did he leave? Wow.

http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=73;sa=showPosts (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=73;sa=showPosts)

A handy link to all his posts!

He even speaks like a Dinosaur Comic.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: side_show on June 16, 2006, 04:37:17 pm
Judy, since Onstad is so happy to sling mud his fans ways, he sure as piss needs to be able to take it in return.  Back in the day he ran a message board where he mocked and was mocked regularly.  That hand-raping child murderer will be just fine. Our pithy feeds him. So don't you worry.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: melack on June 16, 2006, 05:50:11 pm
-insert Ferocious J rant-

I have no idea about the state of your family affairs Melack, but I'm pretty sure you'd feel like shit if someone on the Internet said that you beat your wife and ignore the needs of your own child. You seem a decent guy and I know you only said it for laughs (unless you know something we don't) but give the man some respect. I mean, he's never suggested 'Melack beats his little sister' or 'Melack steals cash from orphanages''.

Wow, I am grouchy today. Apologies.


What Side Show said. Also, what do those kids need with that cash, anyways? It's not like they're gonna buy mothers day presents or anything. I can't help it if I need money.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: theinevitable on June 16, 2006, 06:04:32 pm
oh Judy, we are both such sensitive fellows. I was kind of thinking the same thing.

but yeah, Onstad... um... what a...
what a cad!

(haha! see! I am cool like smells!)
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: side_show on June 16, 2006, 06:55:23 pm
oh Judy, we are both such sensitive fellows. I was kind of thinking the same thing.

but yeah, Onstad... um... what a...
what a cad!

(haha! see! I am cool like smells!)

Awww... a little one to take under my wing.

But wait...

Underlings grow to over throw their masters!

I must prevent this!

Hence I must destroy theinevitable!

DESTROY!  DESTROY! DESTROY!

Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: Ben-San on June 16, 2006, 07:02:56 pm
I must prevent this!

Hence I must destroy theinevitable!

theinevitable, more or less by definition, cannot be prevented. Only prepared for.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: theinevitable on June 16, 2006, 07:26:10 pm
man. I should have seen this coming. It was like...
in...
un...
I forget the word. You know, like, when something can't be stopped?
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: side_show on June 16, 2006, 07:32:00 pm
theinevitable, more or less by definition, cannot be prevented. Only prepared for.

Yes!  I must prepair for the inevitable.  I must go out and buy gallons of purified water, and packets of dehydrated foodstuffs.  I must build an underground shelter that has it's own air filtration system, that is nuke proof, sound proof and flood proof!  I'll need blankets!  And a genorator!  And lots and lots and lots of pornography!

That, my friends, is how you prepair for theinevitable!
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: jough on June 16, 2006, 10:06:04 pm
Prepare?
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: misterqueue on June 16, 2006, 10:52:50 pm
Yes!  I must prepair for the inevitable.  I must go out and buy gallons of purified water, and packets of dehydrated foodstuffs.  I must build an underground shelter that has it's own air filtration system, that is nuke proof, sound proof and flood proof!  I'll need blankets!  And a genorator!  And lots and lots and lots of pornography!

That, my friends, is how you prepair for theinevitable!

No, that sounds like a party.


Now if only you had some rope... and knives.

Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: Doc on June 18, 2006, 11:33:39 am
Now if only you had some rope... and knives.

I thought that was just how you prepared for meeting Hobot.


And though I haven't been around quite long enough to be sure I remember from my lurking days the 'Onstad must be busy drinking and beating his wife' line was a pretty standard response whenever 'strip returns Xday' loomed.
Mainly by Jough I think.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: misterqueue on June 18, 2006, 02:16:18 pm
I thought that was just how you prepared for meeting Hobot.

Oh no no.... for her I have something....  special in mind.


I HAVE SAID TOO MUCH!
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: Hobot on June 18, 2006, 02:21:20 pm
Oh no no.... for her I have something....  special in mind.


I HAVE SAID TOO MUCH!

An ice bath, starched white dress, and saddle shoes.  Maybe some rouge and ruffly socks.  Hair in two pigtail braids.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: misterqueue on June 18, 2006, 02:22:16 pm
An ice bath, starched white dress, and saddle shoes.  Maybe some rouge and ruffly socks.  Hair in two pigtail braids.

...like a beautiful porcelain doll.  Now lie still.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: jough on June 18, 2006, 05:15:42 pm
IT PUTS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN

And yeah, the old "Onstad is too busy drinking and beating his wife to do a strip today" thing was pretty standard for a while here, although I did not originate the theory.

However, now I believe the de facto notice is "Onstad is too busy playing with his baby daughter to draw a strip today" which is probably more accurate, and certainly more excuseable.  If I was a stay-at-home dad and had a cute baby daughter I wouldn't be wasting my time with you foo's either.
Title: Re: ohno#####.com
Post by: theinevitable on June 18, 2006, 05:23:25 pm
If I was a stay-at-home dad, my life would be consumed with two tasks:

"let's surprise mommy! say "mommy!" say "mommy!""
and:
"let's make mommy jealous that I am here all day and she isn't. Say "dad-dy!" Say "dad-dy"!"