The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: misterqueue on July 03, 2006, 12:39:33 pm
-
It was about some trouble I got into with Johnny Law.
No, not really. I met with our own Two-Fisted Film Noir Lawer himself: AugustWest.
Despite not knowing that most things were closed yesterday we ended up at some chain place where I forced him to watch me eat soup and salad. Seriously, I used like... like a gun, or something.
Also despite not being really awake and piles of fun as I normally am he assured me that he had a good time anyway, whether or not this was because I had brought my necklace made out of teeth or not is rather beside the point.
He then took a picture which I hope he burns and never posts anywhere ever... if he knows what's good for him.
He smells faintly of cinnamon sugar and gave me a rocket car.
(Those last two things might be a lie.)
Nice Guy, Good Conversation: A++++ Would Sup with again!
-
I still cannot accept that you people can see each other in person.
-
I am jealous.
Picture! Picture!
-
I still cannot accept that you people can see each other in person.
I still can't accept that you're actually 15 years old, so let's call it even.
and no.. no picture. I was in the sun... and very tired... I hope he just keeps it for his private collection over the mantle where he maybe swirls a brandy as he stares. Well.. tea now that he's not drinking, but still.
-
It reassures me when members meet and it's normal and good. Like maybe y'all are OK non-figments or some such.
It was as normal as I get at least, I blame being tired.
RKB and Auggie-Doggie posted pic's, why should you do less, Q?
Man, ain't nobody need to see that mess. I mean really now.
-
Apparently AW was so traumatized by whatever you did to him that he has yet to comment. Just what are you leaving out Mr.?
-
Yeah, I totally expect Auggie to post photos and tell us about the ordeal.
-
August probably fell off the wagon. Misterqueue drove him to drink.
~Paul
-
I'm starting to get a little worried about what Q did to him. But maybe he is just on the road for the holiday.
-
We determined that I didn't have enough trunk space in my tiny car for his body. (Seriously, even Hobot would barely fit in there... not that... not that I've measured.)
He's probably travelling home as we speak.
No Pictures!
-
Remind me, Q, what was for lunch?
...a nice Chianti?
-
Judy-- I will totally come visit you. just wire me some cash, perhaps?
if I am ever in the Greater Britain Area, I will come over for tea and that meat-powder stuff.
-
I am hale and whole. Mr. Q isn't nearly so scary a guy as he plays on TV.
I will be posting the picture later. If it doesn't bother me, I don't know why it should bother Q.
-
I am hale and whole. Mr. Q isn't nearly so scary a guy as he plays on TV.
I will be posting the picture later. If it doesn't bother me, I don't know why it should bother Q.
GODDAMMIT!
-
I'm guessing there's even odds the most of the folks who have been round a while know what AW looks like but for newer folk like myself would you mind not saying who is who when you post? I'd like the chance to guess, see if the insanity of Q is visible in his eyes without needing to be told it's there.
-
um, I have seen a picture of Q. I think.
it is pretty guessable.
-
I'm guessing there's even odds the most of the folks who have been round a while know what AW looks like but for newer folk like myself would you mind not saying who is who when you post? I'd like the chance to guess, see if the insanity of Q is visible in his eyes without needing to be told it's there.
If he does this terrible thing, it will be painfully obvious.
-
Doc: Mr. looks like a young lad, Aug looks like a better kept Phillip Seymour Hoffman. The difference will be obvious.
-
Q looks like Adorable McCutey##### and August looks like the person who you will trust with your life when you have been thrown in jail for a murder you did not commit. Don't listen to all the stuff about how he really works on lawyering for state government stuff or whatever his cover story is these days.
-
Q looks like Adorable McCutey****** and August looks like the person who you will trust with your life when you have been thrown in jail for a murder you did not commit. Don't listen to all the stuff about how he really works on lawyering for state government stuff or whatever his cover story is these days.
I do not look like that!
AugustWest looks like he could take two shots to the gut and two fingers of bourbon just to fight for that red-headed dame what walked into his office a few years hence. He only keeps two friends: His lead briefcase and a briefcase fulla lead. He is, AugustWest: Film Noir Attorney At Law!
-
(http://frank.plagiarist.com/pix/qandaw.JPG)
-
Ok then - Q looks like the guy who's sharing your cell when you get thrown into jail for the murder you did not commit. The guy who August will refuse to represent.
Is that better?
-
Ha, ha.
Aug looks all friendly, Mr. looks like he's eight and was just told he can't have any ice cream. Awsome.
Also, Mr. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you look like my SO's long lost twin. It is fucked up how much you look like him. He even has the exact same shirt. It is so messed up to me.
-
man, q, you look different with Hair.
didn't you formerly have less hair?
I feel like you had less hair before.
-
Q looks like Adorable McCutey******
Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Q, I have no idea why you did not want that picture to be shown; you look like a cross between Joe Cole and Orneryboy in that pose, which is just beyond great. You do look distinctly disgruntled at the whole situation, though. I can imagine August was trying to coax you into the 'hands on hips' position, but you were having none of it. Come to think of it, you two would make the perfect 'buddy movie'. Basically, I am talking too much!
August, you look SAFE. And I don't mean that in the hip-hop sense.
-
oh man, I am so making a fanfic about aug and Q meeting up. it will be Buddy Movie to the max.
it will be intense
-
It would actually be a pretty good picture if I wasn't all Earl Hickey in it.
-
oh man, I am so making a fanfic about aug and Q meeting up. it will be Buddy Movie to the max.
it will be intense
Back off, sunshine. If anyone is going to be writing fan-fiction, it's going to be me!
(I am posting too much today. Can someone please confirm this.)
-
I had only seen said photo in the sun with terrible lighting.
Basically I am all surly about a picture being taken of me, especially while wearing jeans. And yes I do look 8 and I am sorry to have creeped you out by my similaritude with known persons Smells.
TI: Yes, I shaved my head naught but two months prior. My hair grows really really fast. (It was also red before I shaved it, as flickr can attest to)
Aug Looks weirdly like Sean Connery in the Indiana Jones movies here. I don't know what he's complaining about.
As for me: Worst. Picture. Ever.
-
August you are looking rather trim. Giving up alcohol has done wonders for your gut.
~Paul
-
Yeah, I was going to say that life after Jeopardy seems to have been pretty good for you, man. You're talking in the Dying thread about like hardly losing anything but I look at that photo and I do not see a man of gravity (well, not if I look at the left hand side of it).
Also, Q, Smells basically just said that she would get busy with you.
-
Awww, everyone's meeting up!
I'm actually back because in six days I'm flying to Montreal to get an apartment, and I will be sleeping on the long-departed but not forgotten andalucia's couch. We're actually going to be at the same university starting this fall, which is weird. I promise to post the Photo that Should Not Be.
-
Also, Q, Smells basically just said that she would get busy with you.
She did not say that. That is not what was said here.
Slink and Bozack? Is there like.. some sort of necromancer about or something? All raising dead posters and dead threads.
(Man that was the geekiest joke ever. I am sorry about this.)
-
Aaaaaaaaaaand cue St. Zartan....
Wait for it...
wait for it...
-
Yeah, jough, don't hold your breath for that one. What none of you know is that I have St. Zartan in a box in my basement,where he writes witty posts he thinks I'm transcribing, but really, I just keep them to myself, for my own entertainment.
She did not say that. That is not what was said here.
No. Jough is right. That is basically what is bothering me. It is really bothering me. If I had a photo of my guy, I would show you. The resemblance is scary. But as my SO says, "lots of poor fucks look like me."
-
No. Jough is right. That is basically what is bothering me. It is really bothering me. If I had a photo of my guy, I would show you. The resemblance is scary. But as my SO says, "lots of poor fucks look like me."
Your poor SO, tell him I am sorry.
I promise not to try and say things like "Well next time you are getting busy, just imagine him saying something really inappropriate and think of me" because that would, you know, heighten the whole creepiness factor.
PS, that is a weird thing for him to say because this (http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/wiki/images/thumb/8/8c/200px-Orson_welles_sm_3c19765v.jpg) is the only person I've ever found who looks like me. (But only when he was young and only in that photo.)
-
this (http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/wiki/images/thumb/8/8c/200px-Orson_welles_sm_3c19765v.jpg) is the only person I've ever found who looks like me.
Holy Shit!!!
~Paul
-
Your poor SO, tell him I am sorry.
I promise not to try and say things like "Well next time you are getting busy, just imagine him saying something really inappropriate and think of me" because that would, you know, heighten the whole creepiness factor.
PS, that is a weird thing for him to say because this (http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/wiki/images/thumb/8/8c/200px-Orson_welles_sm_3c19765v.jpg) is the only person I've ever found who looks like me. (But only when he was young and only in that photo.)
Hey! He does look like you...er... you look like him...uh... you two look alike.
-
I think that young Orson was about the hottest thing on two legs, so you got something going for you there, Q. If you can just get the proper boyishly sly expressions, you're set.
-
I think that young Orson was about the hottest thing on two legs, so you got something going for you there, Q. If you can just get the proper boyishly sly expressions, you're set.
Oh I've got the sly expressions down I think, as long as I'm not petulantly on camera.
See? Even AW who has now seen me in person agrees. Young Orson and I are like long lost twin brothers. It kind of creeps me out too.
-
Damn, Q is picking up hell of ladies today.
-
Damn, Q is picking up hell of ladies today.
Oh noes! Then I'll have to order more hats! :P
-
OMG, that is bizarre.
But watch out Q, you don't want to grow up to be the old Orson Welles.
-
OMG, that is bizarre.
But watch out Q, you don't want to grow up to be the old Orson Welles.
I'm trying my best! Believe you me.
-
My problem is that I look like OLD Orson Welles.
-
Or I could've just read the next two posts.
-
My problem is that I look like OLD Orson Welles.
Interesting tidbit I just pulled from IMDB:
During the scenes where Kane first buys his newspaper and delivers the line about going bankrupt in 60 years, Orson Welles appears to be dressed as himself at his actual age. Welles has indicated in interviews that he was even more made up playing a young man than he was playing Kane as an old one; "temporary" facelifts and hair styling as well as camera tricks make him look much more beautiful than he actually was. Welles said that he spent years living down how far he'd come down from his "youthful looks," when in fact he never really looked that good.
-
That is indeed an awesome picture, Q is the surliest fellow I have seen today.
Although Since AW is giving me this vague Terry Pratchett vibe it feels like i'm looking at a picture of a book signing.
Man it cold sucks being aon a separate continent to all you good folk.
-
yeah basically Q you look like Orson Welles. Dang.
-
Well now I just have to descend into massive corpulence and insanity and the circle will be complete.
I can't wait to do that frozen peas spot. (http://www.ubu.com/outsiders/365/03-1.html)
-
Well now I just have to descend into massive corpulence and insanity and the circle will be complete.
I can't wait to do that frozen peas spot. (http://www.ubu.com/outsiders/365/03-1.html)
They're even better when you're dead!
-
They're even better when you're dead!
Full of concrete goodness and green pea-ness. (Say it out loud... there we go.)
-
AHHH! (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1145.msg23213.html#msg23213)
-
AHHH! (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1145.msg23213.html#msg23213)
I... I think I broke Smells.
My work here is done.
*deletes account*
-
OK, did I just Completely Make Up that there used to be a whole series of posts here that talked more about the Frozen Peas? Am I going to be Disappeared for asking? I specifically remember these posts, people...
-
WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH FROZEN PEAS.
-
WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH FROZEN PEAS.
*Two Weeks Later*:
WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH CANNED PEAS.
-
DOUBLE PEA-GOOD
-
My favourite recent thing on the forums is how someone will make a literary reference and then Q will mention that reference or make another reference to the same work to show that he is AWARE of the reference and therefore also "cool."
Carry on my wayward sons.
-
My favourite recent thing on the forums is how someone will make a literary reference and then Q will mention that reference or make another reference to the same work to show that he is AWARE of the reference and therefore also "cool."
Carry on my wayward sons.
Oh come on! I only did that because I thought it was pretty funny. Cause you know.. Canned Peas.
Why must you always assume the worst of me? Why?
-
My favourite recent thing on the forums is how someone will make a literary reference and then Q will mention that reference or make another reference to the same work to show that he is AWARE of the reference and therefore also "cool."
Carry on my wayward sons.
Wait, weren't we talking about Animaniacs?
-
Ha, ha.
Aug looks all friendly, Mr. looks like he's eight and was just told he can't have any ice cream. Awsome.
Also, Mr. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you look like my SO's long lost twin. It is fucked up how much you look like him. He even has the exact same shirt. It is so messed up to me.
I seem to remember creeping the HELL out of miles by managing to look like his ex-girlfriend (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1875.msg38709.html#msg38709). It is so weird to see Doppelgangers of ordinary people out and about.
-
*Two Weeks Later*:
WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH CANNED PEAS.
WAR IS PEAS
FREEDOM IS CELERY
-
oh, goodness, now I realize that that post was in a different thread. I had just carried the Welles conversation across threads. Hm.
-
Carry on my wayward sons.
I don't think we're into Kansas anymore.
-
I don't think we're into Kansas anymore.
No AW, no... I keep trying to tell you we met in Missouri. Kansas is on the other side.