The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: misterqueue on July 23, 2006, 06:41:41 am

Title: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: misterqueue on July 23, 2006, 06:41:41 am
I really wish my town had some statues like these (http://haha.nu/funny/strange-statues-around-the-world/).

Some of those are wondrously and/or horrifyingly anatomically correct.

(I apologise for this post as I am at work and it's 2am and I probably won't be leaving till like 4, so I'm trying to amuse myself at the expense of EVERYONE!)
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: wombat on July 23, 2006, 12:54:44 pm
One of these pictures reminds me that we temporarily have a very lovely shark in my neighborhood.  I was going to go take a picture of it and post it, but it was too hot.  But it occurred to me that perhaps someone else had done so.  And so it was:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/avatar1/193074553/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/avatar1/193074553/)

I realized that thanks to Flickr, one might never need to leave the house and take pictures again! 
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: misterqueue on July 24, 2006, 02:02:42 pm
One that didn't make it to the list but is in Prague and I find wonderful.  (Warning: Possibly Religiously Offensive image, but no worse than "Buddy Christ" from Dogma, so you know.. grain of salt.)

Here (http://www.tourderic.com/index_files/image32901.jpg).
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: theinevitable on July 24, 2006, 05:18:15 pm
oh man.

that's almost as good as the crucipod! (http://stencilrevolution.com/photopost/data/502/1451crucipod2.jpg)
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 24, 2006, 05:42:44 pm
oh man.

that's almost as good as the crucipod! (http://stencilrevolution.com/photopost/data/502/1451crucipod2.jpg)

Man, you are hell of bringing the funny today.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 24, 2006, 08:36:21 pm
Here's one from my birthplace

Inverted Soft Pink Q (http://www.sculpturecenter.org/oosi/sculpture.asp?SID=884)
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 24, 2006, 08:43:21 pm
I don't know why, but that Inverted Soft Pink Q gives me the creeps.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: misterqueue on July 24, 2006, 08:54:05 pm
I don't know why, but that Inverted Soft Pink Q gives me the creeps.

I'm not inverted but I've been known to have a similar effect, yes.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: linnea on July 25, 2006, 04:04:53 am
Here's one from my birthplace

Inverted Soft Pink Q (http://www.sculpturecenter.org/oosi/sculpture.asp?SID=884)

That totally looks like a cervix. Seriously ladies, you can ask your GP during your hellish annual exam if they'll let you see your cervix, just as promised in "Our Bodies, Ourselves (http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/)" which I read as an adolescent. I asked once, and my doctor without missing a beat grabbed a small mirror and let me have a gander at my very own. Awesome. Anyway, just had to add that to counter some of the vasectomy stuff over in Ash's birthday thread.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: pmcd9 on July 25, 2006, 04:26:26 am
Annie Sprinkle has been raising cervix awareness (http://www.anniesprinkle.org/html/writings/pca.html) for many years.

~Paul
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: Mite on July 25, 2006, 11:16:43 am
What a fascinating woman! Thanks for the link, Paul.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 25, 2006, 12:07:43 pm
Anyway, just had to add that to counter some of the vasectomy stuff over in Ash's birthday thread.

You can start a tubal ligation thread any time you please!
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: theinevitable on July 25, 2006, 03:00:52 pm
ok, as long as we're posting pictures, does the french army think that  this hat (http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/07/25/mideast.diplomacy/newt1.french.soldiers.ap.jpg) will bring the fear of God to the Hezbollah terrorists?
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: misterqueue on July 25, 2006, 03:06:14 pm
...that thing looks like a crepe.  I'm sort of wondering how it stays on his head.  Maybe we are to be hyp-mo-tized by it, as I am right now.

Vive les gens français!
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 25, 2006, 06:06:03 pm
Monica Lewsinsky is designing clothes for the French, too! March on to (your first) victory, France!
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 25, 2006, 07:07:39 pm
...that thing looks like a crepe.  I'm sort of wondering how it stays on his head.  Maybe we are to be hyp-mo-tized by it, as I am right now.

Vive les gens français!

You're a punny person (sorry that this was lamer than the original pun.  Actually, come to think about it, that is probably the best pun I have ever heard.  Cans to you, my good sir.)
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: theinevitable on July 25, 2006, 11:46:13 pm
ok, what am I not getting? where was there a pun?
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: Drygioni on July 25, 2006, 11:56:45 pm
ok, what am I not getting? where was there a pun?

American college education at its finest.

(Sorry for riffin' on you InEv I know you're a smart dude)
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: theinevitable on July 26, 2006, 12:43:42 am
hey!

american high school education!
I'm not in college, yet! I've got like 3 weeks until then!
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 26, 2006, 08:53:06 am
Yea, I don't think there was a pun.  I hadn't slept for a day and a half when I posted that.  Maybe there is though, and I just can't tell now because I just woke up.  But I am pretty sure I just read it wrong.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: Hobot on July 26, 2006, 12:07:09 pm
Knowing Q, there is a pun, but our minds are too feeble (and void of the necessary knowledge to understand the references) to grasp it.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: theinevitable on July 26, 2006, 04:52:47 pm
so, in other words, judy was pretending he knew what the pun was so that he could make fun of me?

You're a man now, Judy. We won't always let you get away with these things. *slowly strokes bat in way that is intended to be threatening, but actually comes off as a kind of jacking-off motion. damn, I'm bad at being threatening.*
Title: Re: Brainless Link Propulsion
Post by: misterqueue on July 26, 2006, 04:54:41 pm
I have purposefully not responded in this whole thing because this exchange has amused me greatly.  Oh you lot.  It makes me feel like I'm Laurence Olivier in Clash of the Titans or something.

Oh you all.