The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Drygioni on July 28, 2006, 08:20:05 pm
-
Late link - sorry! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07282006)
That picture of a fat Roast Beef further transforming into some slobby douche in a hat elicited a chuckle, as did Teodor being svelte as the dickens. He was fuck*ng ornamental.
How does Beef look good in his senior photos, yet not any others? Did I miss something?
-
Interesting, very interesting. So, in addition to making Beef look fat, cameras make Teador look skinny?
Also, did T swallow that bowling ball after the picture was taken? Whoa.
-
Sorry AW, Judy wins by several seconds.
Anyway, Beef looks like John Popper. Poor beef.
-
I must be missing a lot. The camera adds 10 pounds not just to Roast Beef but also to another picture of Roast Beef? Stupefaction here, people.
-
DAMMIT!
-
How does Beef look good in his senior photos, yet not any others? Did I miss something?
Obviously the senior portrait was taken by a pro.
-
damn. it makes me really sad that a man cannot wear such as a Classy Hat without being associated with gross people. I want to wear a suit and hat out and about, damnit!
-
damn. it makes me really sad that a man cannot wear such as a Classy Hat without being associated with gross people. I want to wear a suit and hat out and about, damnit!
Not that way. Not that way.
I hate to be the dude who points out things like this, but in the second to last panel it looks like Beef is the one saying "Whoah, look! It's changing!". Obviously, Beef does not speak like this, so I'm putting it down to either a mis-read speech bubble arrow or... well, I guess that's the only thing it could be.
-
I hate to be the dude who points out things like this
PEDANT! J'ACCUSE!
-
damn. it makes me really sad that a man cannot wear such as a Classy Hat without being associated with gross people. I want to wear a suit and hat out and about, damnit!
Don't let it stop you.
Anyway, strip raises more questions than it answers.
-
What's that thing on the wall in the second panel? Is that a fat sombrero or something?
-
You mean Téodor's hand holding the picture?
-
I hate hate HATE Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Despite how sexy incest is
-
That's Teador's hand. He's holding a picture of himself.
-
Is that what that's supposed to be?
-
How does Beef look good in his senior photos, yet not any others? Did I miss something?
I figured that the problem with Beef's senior photo is that it makes him (in high school) look like he does now (years after high school).
-
I hate to be the dude who points out things like this, but in the second to last panel it looks like Beef is the one saying "Whoah, look! It's changing!". Obviously, Beef does not speak like this, so I'm putting it down to either a mis-read speech bubble arrow or... well, I guess that's the only thing it could be.
Teodor is holding a picture of himself holding a picture. The speech bubble is coming from outside the picture he is holding, but it's still coming from Teodor.
-
Paul, you gonna take that kind of insult lying down?
-
the real mystery is that teodor is fat again in the picture when it zooms in on the picture he's holding
-
the real mystery is that teodor is fat again in the picture when it zooms in on the picture he's holding
No he's not. He has that little gut thing going on in the other pictures too.
-
I think Onstad made this comic full of things to drive us completely apeshit.
-
What I'm wondering is wether or not those things on Beefy Beef's face constitute a moustache or gross, fat-induced dimples.
-
Paul, you gonna take that kind of insult lying down?
???
-
yeah, I'm trying to figure out what that fellow was talking about.
maybe he thinks someone else is also named Paul?
edit: it was mr isoceles? what? Now I'm even more confused. he certainly knows that Paul is paul, and not some other person.
-
Maybe Bobby envisions this whole thing as Onstad making a dig at Paul's photographic ability.
The photo changing really clinches it, maybe they've got some kind of picture of dorian gray thing happening where the photos reflect how they should look stereotypically (Beef is a geek but is not a fat slob, Teodore is a health conscious metrosexual fellow but still has a gut).
-
I like the use of 'magic realism' as a property that a camera may or may not have...
"This camera is a very nice one and well liked. It does not have macro zoom or a built in light meter, but it has magical reaslism."
"Oh well then I will take it."
-
I like the use of 'magic realism' as a property that a camera may or may not have...
"This camera is a very nice one and well liked. It does not have macro zoom or a built in light meter, but it has magical reaslism."
"Oh well then I will take it."
That is almost as good as the magical video camera from Chappelle's Show that reveals how you really see yourself, your inner thoughts, the last person you had sex with, and where you will be in ten years.
-
Does Bobby think that "Fat Roast Beef w/ Mustache" looks like Paul?
Puh-lease.
WTF?