Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: July 28, 2006 - He-Man comes over and asks me how to win at Magic The Gathering  (Read 4453 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile

How does Beef look good in his senior photos, yet not any others? Did I miss something?

I figured that the problem with Beef's senior photo is that it makes him (in high school) look like he does now (years after high school).
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com

I hate to be the dude who points out things like this, but in the second to last panel it looks like Beef is the one saying "Whoah, look! It's changing!". Obviously, Beef does not speak like this, so I'm putting it down to either a mis-read speech bubble arrow or... well, I guess that's the only thing it could be.

Teodor is holding a picture of himself holding a picture. The speech bubble is coming from outside the picture he is holding, but it's still coming from Teodor.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Paul, you gonna take that kind of insult lying down?
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile

the real mystery is that teodor is fat again in the picture when it zooms in on the picture he's holding
Logged

ryanpeq

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile

the real mystery is that teodor is fat again in the picture when it zooms in on the picture he's holding

No he's not.  He has that little gut thing going on in the other pictures too. 
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I think Onstad made this comic full of things to drive us completely apeshit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile

What I'm wondering is wether or not those things on Beefy Beef's face constitute a moustache or gross, fat-induced dimples.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Paul, you gonna take that kind of insult lying down?

???
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 05:27:59 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

yeah, I'm trying to figure out what that fellow was talking about.

maybe he thinks someone else is also named Paul?

edit: it was mr isoceles? what? Now I'm even more confused. he certainly knows that Paul is paul, and not some other person.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Maybe Bobby envisions this whole thing as Onstad making a dig at Paul's photographic ability.

The photo changing really clinches it, maybe they've got some kind of picture of dorian gray thing happening where the photos reflect how they should look stereotypically (Beef is a geek but is not a fat slob, Teodore is a health conscious metrosexual fellow but still has a gut).

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile

I like the use of 'magic realism' as a property that a camera may or may not have...

"This camera is a very nice one and well liked. It does not have macro zoom or a built in light meter, but it has magical reaslism."
"Oh well then I will take it."
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

I like the use of 'magic realism' as a property that a camera may or may not have...

"This camera is a very nice one and well liked. It does not have macro zoom or a built in light meter, but it has magical reaslism."
"Oh well then I will take it."

That is almost as good as the magical video camera from Chappelle's Show that reveals how you really see yourself, your inner thoughts, the last person you had sex with, and where you will be in ten years.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Does Bobby think that "Fat Roast Beef w/ Mustache" looks like Paul?

Puh-lease.

WTF?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up