The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Pimp_skitters on August 31, 2006, 01:23:11 am

Title: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Pimp_skitters on August 31, 2006, 01:23:11 am
Hello,
   Well, most forums require an introduction post, but I'm not sure what to put in mine ( or even if this is the right place to put it ). Feel free to ask questions or delete this if it's in the wrong place...
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Drygioni on August 31, 2006, 01:28:56 am
A big welcome to you, Pimp Skitters. You did indeed put this thread in the right place, so I'll endow you with your first Tiny Can of Dr Pepper. May it be the first of many.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: AugustWest on August 31, 2006, 01:30:31 am
I'm not aware that formal introduction posts are required, but hey, nice one!

And a welcome-wagon can for your avatar.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Pimp_skitters on August 31, 2006, 01:39:38 am
  Thanks both of you. :)
  Whence the cans? I'm jogging my Achewood memory for the strip that's in.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: linnea on August 31, 2006, 01:43:12 am
The can distribution system is an invention of our forum host, jough.
Also:  welcome!
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Drygioni on August 31, 2006, 01:43:57 am
I believe the cans are an invention of this board, though I have to admit on my first encounter with said beverages I scoured the archives looking for them. They do seem quite Achewoodian. (Beaten to it by linnea. I shouldn't be so wordy.)

One last thing: you can give/take away cans once you reach 25 posts!
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: misterqueue on August 31, 2006, 01:59:54 am
GODDAMMIT people,  It is not a TOUAMB invention. (http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_orezscu_archive.html)  Unless you want to argue about the difference between "tiny" and "little".


(Also welcome newbie)

This is the only breaking of the silence post till Sept 15th.  Thank you.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: AugustWest on August 31, 2006, 02:09:28 am
GODDAMMIT people,  It is not a TOUAMB invention. (http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_orezscu_archive.html)  Unless you want to argue about the difference between "tiny" and "little".


(Also welcome newbie)

This is the only breaking of the silence post till Sept 15th.  Thank you.

Dude, Imma start calling you CJJ.

The second "J" is for junior.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: slink on August 31, 2006, 02:11:06 am
This is the only breaking of the silence post till Sept 15th.  Thank you.

Wanna bet?

Welcome aboard there, Skitters.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on August 31, 2006, 02:51:35 am
Q: At least it was for something important.

Nice name and avatar Pimp Skitters, you gotta know when an old lady means business.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: jough on August 31, 2006, 03:02:36 am
Q: Our use of the little cans predates that blog post, which means that Onsta...er, Teodor got it from us.

Anyway, welcome, Whoremonger Diarrhea.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: V-Adore on August 31, 2006, 03:48:48 am
Welcome, Pimp Skitters! Love that signature.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Hobot on August 31, 2006, 04:22:39 am
A hearty "Welcome, &c" to you!
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Pimp_skitters on August 31, 2006, 08:24:17 am
  Thanks for the welcomes, but I've been informed I'm not dignified enough for this forum, so I had probably best leave. If I get a warning on my first non introduction post, I get the message.
  How do you delete an account? I can't find that function on here.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: V-Adore on August 31, 2006, 08:31:11 am
  Thanks for the welcomes, but I've been informed I'm not dignified enough for this forum, so I had probably best leave. If I get a warning on my first non introduction post, I get the message.
  How do you delete an account? I can't find that function on here.

Don't worry, dude; that was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Trust me, you're dignified enough at this point, unless you made a lot of cavernous-pu$$y jokes and I missed them. Just don't talk about *****s or #####, and you'll be fine.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on August 31, 2006, 12:19:20 pm
unless you made a lot of cavernous-pu$$y jokes and I missed them

He knows Gina?

Edit: Also Pimp, that post from V counted as encouragement, which is rather rare around here, this meanns she thinks your good people take this as a sign.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: wombat on August 31, 2006, 12:39:45 pm
Just don't talk about #####s or ******, and you'll be fine.

Oh, fiendish, V. 
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: CortJstr on August 31, 2006, 12:47:07 pm
Don't worry, dude; that was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Trust me, you're dignified enough at this point, unless you made a lot of cavernous-pu$$y jokes and I missed them. Just don't talk about #####s or ******, and you'll be fine.

Why does everybody always forget about %%%%%?
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: side_show on August 31, 2006, 07:33:18 pm
In regard to the origin of tiny cans, the first use of the terminology, I believe, came from our dear departed Bozack.  Oh Bozack, how I miss you so!  *weeps*

If skitters can't handle a tiny bit of ribbing maybe he is right to take to the hills, for ribbing is what we do here.  We take pleasure in it.  In regard to V, skiiters, you were ribbed for her pleasure.  And mine.  Don't take it so personal.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: jough on August 31, 2006, 08:09:23 pm
Wait, who warned whom about what now?
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: CortJstr on August 31, 2006, 08:13:30 pm
In regard to the origin of tiny cans, the first use of the terminology, I believe, came from our dear departed Bozack.  Oh Bozack, how I miss you so!  *weeps*

If skitters can't handle a tiny bit of ribbing maybe he is right to take to the hills, for ribbing is what we do here.  We take pleasure in it.  In regard to V, skiiters, you were ribbed for her pleasure.  And mine.  Don't take it so personal.

I too recall Bozack starting the whole thing. But the oldest reference I can find it here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2236.msg48333.html#msg48333) which is actually after the blog entry that Q linked above...
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: side_show on August 31, 2006, 08:26:52 pm
Wait, who warned whom about what now?

I don't know what skitters wrote since he deleted it himself, but  here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3090.30.html) is what V wrote.  Her response is just good mod'ing as far as I can tell, though I don't know what Dokuro-chan is/are.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: wombat on August 31, 2006, 08:39:27 pm
Why does everybody always forget about %%%%%?

Do I have to turn in my modding badge for not knowing what this is?  Or is Cort teasing us?

Oh, and don't forget hosss.  Drives me crazy.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: CortJstr on August 31, 2006, 10:11:46 pm
Do I have to turn in my modding badge for not knowing what this is?  Or is Cort teasing us?

Oh, and don't forget hosss.  Drives me crazy.

fuck*ng %%%%% and his ***** hoss that doesn't wear #####!
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Pimp_skitters on August 31, 2006, 11:33:27 pm
Quote from: side_show
If skitters can't handle a tiny bit of ribbing maybe he is right to take to the hills, for ribbing is what we do here.  We take pleasure in it.  In regard to V, skiiters, you were ribbed for her pleasure.  And mine.  Don't take it so personal.

  It's very hard to tell over the internet how seriously people mean things. I thought it was meant seriously, so I assumed I already angered a mod, which usually means the banning stick is looming in the distance. My thought was "alright, I'll get out while it's my choice".

Wait, who warned whom about what now?

 In the sushi thread I wrote a post, then I deleted it after the warning from a mod. The first half of the post was just a recomendation for a local sushi shop, which I'm assuming wasn't the objectionable part. The second half was:

Quote
The Japanese can do almost no wrong in my book.
Have you watched a cartoon lately? 
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/Godzilla_violist/Violence.gif)
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: theinevitable on September 01, 2006, 12:17:25 am
so, I was kind of assuming it must have been some crazy japanese porn or something. I am disappointed.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Drygioni on September 01, 2006, 12:31:23 am
Skitters*, you are dang courteous indeed. Rarely have I seen a new person on any forum spend so long wiping their feet on the mat, apologising profusely for bothering us and asking whether "is this not a good time and maybe I should come back next week". So to speak.

I, for one, am glad that we have Pimp Skitters.



*I am sorry for basically referring to you as 'Diarrhoea'. I'm glad no-one could ever misappropriate my name in such a way.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: V-Adore on September 01, 2006, 12:34:06 am
Seriously, dude. Your response has been hella classy; I applaud you. My reaction to Dokuro-chan was mostly kneejerk, because this particular monstrosity was shown to me recently with no warning at all, in full-size, and I just about threw up. A tiny version, while still enough to get me all about the "GAH NO," is comparatively benign.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: jough on September 01, 2006, 12:43:38 am
I'm not sure what the fuck is objectionable about that, but I guess V got her knickers in a twist about the Japanese this week or something. 

Don't worry, dude.  The only mod you have to worry about pissing off is me, and I'm pretty easy-going about anything but spam and abuse of other members.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: side_show on September 01, 2006, 02:59:02 am
See, I think V, like all us ladies of the board, just has memories of a certain Asian poster and his overly friendly private messages involving a certain raging boner,* and so any new poster who refers to anything Asian, is basically suspect. 

Does skitters have a furious ding-dong?  Hopefully he'll never show us, if he grows up to be like Mr. Q, maybe we will see it...  somewhere... on IRC... we all cower in fear at the possibility.

Skitters, you are welcome, as long as you do not bone me.  Or wear a tiny crown after boning.   Boning.  Bone...

* the term "boner" makes me feel so 6th grade. 
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: CortJstr on September 01, 2006, 03:00:09 am
See, I think V, like all us ladies of the board, just has memories of a certain Asian poster and his overly friendly private messages involving a certain raging boner,* and so any new poster who refers to anything Asian, is basically suspect. 

Does skitters have a furious ding-dong?  Hopefully he'll never show us, if he grows up to be like Mr. Q, maybe we will see it...  somewhere... on IRC... we all cower in fear at the possibility.

Skitters, you are welcome, as long as you do not bone me.  Or wear a tiny crown after boning.   Boning.  Bone...

* the term "boner" makes me feel so 6th grade. 


Six times?
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: smick on September 01, 2006, 03:09:04 am
Oh I don't think it's just the ladies, V.   That asian man had evil in his heart.

I don't think there was any manner of gender specific safety to be found.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on September 01, 2006, 03:22:04 am
Yeah side show, we all got offered that bone.
I don't check my pms (how do you abbreviate 'private messages so it doesn't sound like a female issue?) here at uni any more by the way.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: side_show on September 01, 2006, 03:39:46 am
No, I know the boys got it too, but I just think an image of such a raging boner sort of just sticks in a lady's head more than a gent's.  Or maybe it's just me.  It was more the expression on the guy's face - like he too was shocked at the size and girth of his member.  I need to stop talking about this now!

Welcome Skitters, we are a weird and wonderful bunch!
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on September 01, 2006, 03:43:58 am
Well guys will probably see fewer raging boners in their life than girls (as in less variety since most guys just see the same one over and over again) so you could argue that we  would be less used to it.
Plus the whole thing where if you look at even a molecule of another guys dick you catch teh ghey.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Pimp_skitters on September 01, 2006, 04:04:40 am

  Well, I'm glad everything is alright then.
  And to be fair, the Japanese cartoon that gif is from is rather apalling in concept ( though not quite as bad as the little girls being chased by transformers with tongues thing (http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/2297723.html#cutid1)... ) It makes me think some Japanese cartoonists are either inhumanly pure minded or quite twisted.

See, I think V, like all us ladies of the board, just has memories of a certain Asian poster and his overly friendly private messages involving a certain raging boner,* and so any new poster who refers to anything Asian, is basically suspect. 

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/Godzilla_violist/Bonersofhistory.jpg)
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: side_show on September 01, 2006, 04:23:08 am
Ha!  See, Batman is all about studying up with Robin.  I hope you're thirsty Skitters, because you're about too do a tiny Dr. Pepper-bong.

Also, Doc, from having once been the counter girl at a porno video rental shop, I know men watch way more porn than women, and have therefor seen way more raging erections.  But don't worry, you're not gay if your imagining you're the guy... unless... it's a rusty trombone procedure, and you're the player... but I've said too much.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on September 01, 2006, 07:58:24 am
Yeah SS, I knew it was a really weak argument, I just wanted to say something I guess.

Some friends and I decided ages ago that human sexuality is encompassed by the phrase 'everyone wants the cock' and the level of desire determined someone's sexuality, i.e. heterosexual males were satisfied with their own cock, heterosexual females had a healthy desire, gay guys were just greedy and lesbians were just in denial. I realise that saying lesbians are in denial is hell of politically incorrect but any other possibility violates the basic premise that everyone wants the cock.

I do not really think that lesbians are in denial about their sexuality board. Please do not think less of me.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: CortJstr on September 01, 2006, 01:01:43 pm
Yeah SS, I knew it was a really weak argument, I just wanted to say something I guess.

Some friends and I decided ages ago that human sexuality is encompassed by the phrase 'everyone wants the cock' and the level of desire determined someone's sexuality, i.e. heterosexual males were satisfied with their own cock, heterosexual females had a healthy desire, gay guys were just greedy and lesbians were just in denial. I realise that saying lesbians are in denial is hell of politically incorrect but any other possibility violates the basic premise that everyone wants the cock.

I do not really think that lesbians are in denial about their sexuality board. Please do not think less of me.

Dammit, now I want to watch Chasing Amy.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 01, 2006, 07:39:19 pm
Dammit, now I want to watch Chasing Amy.

Hm.  Doc's theory made me want to watch an entirely different kind of movie.

Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on September 02, 2006, 11:38:41 am
Dammit, now I want to watch Chasing Amy.

Damn, did I steal that from there without realising it, or is it just the lesbian connection?
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: jough on September 02, 2006, 02:53:09 pm
Code: [Select]
               BANKY
(off Holden's look)
You're still dwelling on the dyke,
aren't you?

HOLDEN
Lower your voice.

BANKY
What'd I tell you - she just needs the
right guy.  All every woman really
wants - be it mother, senator, nun -
is some serious deep-dicking.

The Receptionist stops typing and looks at Banky,
shocked.

BANKY
(off her look)
Don't give me that look - I heard Adam
Curry say worse.

The Secretary goes back to typing.  Banky shrugs at
Holden.

BANKY
That's why I can't buy lesbians. 
Everyone needs dick.  See, I can buy
fags.  Bunch of guys that need dick -
just plain need it?  That I get. 
Dykes?  Bullshit posturing.  But -
live and let live, I guess.

HOLDEN
I'm sure the gay community appreciates
your support.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Hobot on September 02, 2006, 03:51:55 pm
Strap-ons: The lesbian community's concession that they crave the cock.

</Alliteration>
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: linnea on September 02, 2006, 09:04:04 pm
Strap-ons: The lesbian community's concession that they crave the cock.

</Alliteration>

And then there's pegging! Ha, ha! Betcha didn't think I could work that into the thread, eh? Just call me Arachne.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: robot_god on September 03, 2006, 02:42:05 am
Yeah SS, I knew it was a really weak argument, I just wanted to say something I guess.

Some friends and I decided ages ago that human sexuality is encompassed by the phrase 'everyone wants the cock' and the level of desire determined someone's sexuality, i.e. heterosexual males were satisfied with their own cock, heterosexual females had a healthy desire, gay guys were just greedy and lesbians were just in denial. I realise that saying lesbians are in denial is hell of politically incorrect but any other possibility violates the basic premise that everyone wants the cock.

Well, I think that you're only describing half of a dual headed nature of sexuality.  What you said seems satisfactory, but I think, simultaneously, sexuality also craves a sea of gooey, lesbian-like, pseudo-sexual hugging, where maleness is an idea not even yet had:  a regression concept to accompany the ascension idea that you've detailed.

Perhaps some minds might define these things as a sexuality and an anti-sexuality, but it's my theory that the two are part of a whole.

Also, welcome, Pimp Skitters!
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: linnea on September 03, 2006, 02:50:58 am
Yeah, male insecurity has always been obsessed with their wee-wees, so they can't fathom how someone could be happy without one. Hence, the concept of "c*ck envy". Thinking that everyone wants the cock just because YOU do is facile, infantile, and just plain ridiculous. Oh, and Chasing Amy was a retarded film.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: jough on September 03, 2006, 03:26:52 am
Only a person who totally craves cock would write that.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on September 03, 2006, 04:01:03 am
Seriously Linnea, as the person who brought pegging to the board I'd say you want the cock more than most.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: linnea on September 03, 2006, 04:30:54 am
That is total bullshit! Straight guys love the cock, I have just brought it to one man in a new and interesting way (I just talk big when it comes to pegging as I have only ever pegged one guy, to whom I was engaged to be married at the time).  I'm sure that if I ever break my celibacy vows that I will end it by pegging the hell out of a guy who loves cack.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on September 03, 2006, 05:11:07 am
Oh no denying, if you recall my theory was that everyone loves the cock, straight guys included. Just most straight guys can make do with the one they already have.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: theinevitable on September 03, 2006, 06:05:38 am
so, you know how urinals sometimes don't have the little dividers? today a guy standing next to me looked at me, then just flagrantly looked at my Cack. There was no attempt at subtlety. Geez.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: AugustWest on September 03, 2006, 06:37:40 am
He wanted you.  So bad.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: jough on September 03, 2006, 05:32:52 pm
A dude said nice things about my dick at a urinal before.  I didn't know what to say other than "Um, thanks."
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Doc on September 03, 2006, 10:51:02 pm
The correct response in that situation is 'Amazing what they can do with plastic surgery today isn't it?' followed by a saucy wink.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: theinevitable on September 03, 2006, 10:56:58 pm
"like what you see, sailor?"
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: Drygioni on September 03, 2006, 11:01:35 pm
"Pills weren't cheap, I can tell you that!" -hearty man chuckle- "But seriously, I can fix you up with one of these stretcher dealies... used a few times, a bit worn but once you're done you'll be running like a well oiled engine..."

I can imagine dick-compliments are one of those things ultra-macho guys do, similar to those dudes who will go "Ain't my girl a beaut" and then threaten to stab you for making a similarly lecherous comment on his girl. Only this time, it's "Swell pecker, man" followed by a "FUCK OFF FAG" when you offer to show them a little more.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: side_show on September 04, 2006, 06:39:39 pm
From shy introductions to cock compliments.

From cute titties to designer eyewear.

Basically, TOUAMB at it's best.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: theinevitable on September 04, 2006, 08:22:35 pm
judy-- also, non-macho guys who are just horny will do the first one. I was informed by a friend that "don't take this the wrong way, but ($techsupport) has a delicous rear."

Or do you mean they say that stuff about their own girl? Maybe.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 08, 2006, 04:13:51 am
Wait, other people are using Wombat's SO term now on this board? I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: theinevitable on September 08, 2006, 05:14:51 am
I'm sorry. I just really love that term. I will pay royalties?
Title: Re: Is this where introductions go?
Post by: wombat on September 08, 2006, 11:58:00 am
I'm sorry. I just really love that term. I will pay royalties?

I would think that royalties are probably not called for, just a footnote and credit to the original author.