The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Lister on December 18, 2006, 01:20:17 am

Title: Happy holidays!
Post by: Lister on December 18, 2006, 01:20:17 am
Have you finished your shopping?  I sure haven't.  I have had a devil of a time finding such simple things as Hot Wheels cars for my nephew.  Also: I am horrible at buying things people want this year.  The best I can find so far are iTunes gift certificates.

Still, at least I'm not going to a mall to shop.  That would be suicide.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 18, 2006, 01:38:48 am
what does my girlfriend want?
I do not know.
what does my little sister want?
I do not know.

how will I find out?
I do not know.

I feel like a grownup!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 18, 2006, 02:30:04 am
Ha ha! I haven't purchased a Xmas gift in at least four years. I love just buying people shit when I feel like it, and not being held to a schedule.

Seriously, though - happy holidays, all.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: V-Adore on December 18, 2006, 02:38:38 am
Paradox: I have shopped for my parents, who both profess to want nothing in particular this year, but have not yet shopped for the Gentleman Caller, who has given me a list. Reverse psychology?
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: side_show on December 19, 2006, 02:39:07 pm
Paradox: I have shopped for my parents, who both profess to want nothing in particular this year, but have not yet shopped for the Gentleman Caller, who has given me a list. Reverse psychology?

Gentleman Caller?  What was on the list? New unicorn for menagerie?  One dozen blue roses?  If so, watch out, he might have a sickly girl with a limp he's secretly seeing behind your back.

As for me, due to serious problems at home, I found myself buying gifts then worrying that I was providing positive reenforcement for unacceptable behavior.  How's that for messed up psychology?

I brought back lots of cool stuff from Indonesia for everyone back home, then felt deeply covetous of it all. Nothing like bringing back a suitcase of irreplaceable items, then realizing you should have bought two of everything!  Oh well.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2006, 02:46:07 pm
Only two more days till the days stop getting shorter!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: CortJstr on December 19, 2006, 02:50:04 pm
Gentleman Caller?  What was on the list? New unicorn for menagerie?  One dozen blue roses?  If so, watch out, he might have a sickly girl with a limp he's secretly seeing behind your back.

As for me, due to serious problems at home, I found myself buying gifts then worrying that I was providing positive reenforcement for unacceptable behavior.  How's that for messed up psychology?

I brought back lots of cool stuff from Indonesia for everyone back home, then felt deeply covetous of it all. Nothing like bringing back a suitcase of irreplaceable items, then realizing you should have bought two of everything!  Oh well.

A can for pleurosis.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: AugustWest on December 19, 2006, 05:53:01 pm
Only two more days till the days stop getting shorter!

HUZZAH!!!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: V-Adore on December 19, 2006, 09:28:54 pm
Gentleman Caller?  What was on the list? New unicorn for menagerie?  One dozen blue roses?  If so, watch out, he might have a sickly girl with a limp he's secretly seeing behind your back.

Actually, mostly pretentious prog-rock albums and DVDs of Dr. Mabuse films. And PDA accessories. Never say I don't date an exciting man.

("Gentleman Caller" is a response to the thread some time ago where I basically got accused of being bloodless for referring to him as my SO. I suspect I could go even frippier-inappropriate if I tried, but I am not eager to make this effort.)
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 20, 2006, 03:47:57 am
Amazon wishlists, people.  Set one up, and the next time someone says "You're hard to shop for," you can say "The hell I'm hard to shop for.  I got a list of like 30 things I want in all price ranges, right on Amazon."

I just wrapped like 10 gifts.  I was a wrappin' machine.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 20, 2006, 03:53:01 am
my girlfriend keeps asking me to tell her things I don't want. So far the list is: a handgun, cufflinks, a note that says "Daniel, I am breaking up with you."

she does not think this is very helpful, but, she hasn't really given me any hints, either.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: CortJstr on December 20, 2006, 03:55:13 am
Amazon wishlists, people.  Set one up, and the next time someone says "You're hard to shop for," you can say "The hell I'm hard to shop for.  I got a list of like 30 things I want in all price ranges, right on Amazon."

I just wrapped like 10 gifts.  I was a wrappin' machine.

I always keep mine up to date but find people don't like buying from it. They all want to give me something I didn't ask for or something "special" (as opposed to a book or CD I could easily buy for myself).
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Lister on December 20, 2006, 03:56:50 am
I have an Amazon wishlist.  No one else in my family does.  They agree that it makes things much easier for them.

But regardless, I was able to suss out something for everyone in the correct price range, I think.  The only iffy prospect is my lawyer brother-in-law, who is very difficult to shop for but either loves everything he gets or is very good at lying.  Lawyer.  Hmm.

About half my list was a total cop-out, though, because everyone who owns an iPod is getting an iTunes iGift iCard, because they are iConvenient and can be iShipped for iFree.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: CortJstr on December 20, 2006, 04:05:38 am
I have an Amazon wishlist.  No one else in my family does.  They agree that it makes things much easier for them.

But regardless, I was able to suss out something for everyone in the correct price range, I think.  The only iffy prospect is my lawyer brother-in-law, who is very difficult to shop for but either loves everything he gets or is very good at lying.  Lawyer.  Hmm.

About half my list was a total cop-out, though, because everyone who owns an iPod is getting an iTunes iGift iCard, because they are iConvenient and can be iShipped for iFree.

This reminds me, I just heard the rumor that Amazon is going after #2 music site eMusic by selling unprotected mp3's. This could be interesting. Of course I have like 20 months left on my eMusic contract but I don't see Amazon beating  ~$0.17/song so it should all work out. It'll just be another reason to regift iTunes gift cards that I get.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 20, 2006, 03:36:26 pm
This reminds me, I just heard the rumor that Amazon is going after #2 music site eMusic by selling unprotected mp3's. This could be interesting. Of course I have like 20 months left on my eMusic contract but I don't see Amazon beating  ~$0.17/song so it should all work out. It'll just be another reason to regift iTunes gift cards that I get.

I don't see iTunes gift cards as being incompatible with eMusic.  I've got a good half-dozen albums I'm interested in that aren't on eMusic--either major-label stuff, or some indie label that just doesn't have a deal with eMusic.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: CortJstr on December 20, 2006, 04:08:46 pm
I don't see iTunes gift cards as being incompatible with eMusic.  I've got a good half-dozen albums I'm interested in that aren't on eMusic--either major-label stuff, or some indie label that just doesn't have a deal with eMusic.

I just don't like the DRM'd files or the weird file type. So if it's not on eMusic I'd rather have a real CD. It just doesn't seem worth it to burn the CD then re-rip it into a good format. Plus I have relatives and friends who like iTunes so I give the cards to them.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 20, 2006, 05:23:40 pm
Ah, good point.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Drygioni on December 25, 2006, 12:15:24 am
It's just pulling up to the 25th around here! I'll doubtlessly awake to the screaming of three younger brothers and a cacophony of electronic beeps in a few hours. Hope you all have an awesome day.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: jay-ell on December 25, 2006, 05:04:39 am
It's 12:04 here, so...Merry Christmas! 

And...good night.  (snores) 
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 25, 2006, 05:07:45 am
Merry Christmas East Coast and England.  55 Minutes away here.  However, I am playing me 8gb iPod Nano now (this thing is awesome-8gb flash drive :o ridiculously tiny :)).  Have a great Christmas everybody, enjoy your loved ones.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: AugustWest on December 25, 2006, 05:40:53 am
Merry Christmas everyone.

Whatever you believe about Jesus, it's hard to argue that the basic ethics he taught, "Love your neighbor as yourself" wouldn't make for a happier world.  Here's hoping we all try to live with love.

Peace.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on December 25, 2006, 09:38:04 am
I have been hella sick, so I just woke up to gargle some salt water and drink some vitamin C bev.  It sure is sad without Kellichou and the rest of my family here. I hate being stuck in Alaska for the holidays! Oh well, it's a beautiful place and I shouldn't complain.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 25, 2006, 02:51:49 pm
Merriest of Christmases! I only gave one present that someone already had (at least, that I could tell). I also felt like a straight-up grownup, because I went to get myself some coffee and take out the dog before I opened anything.

Also: I guess it makes you a grownup when people feel OK telling you "man, I know this is a good present... but you should have seen what we almost got you! It sucks that it was sold out, huh?" I have not yet given my Special Lady her present, and so I am basically jumping up and down waiting for her to wake up... she doesn't have any younger siblings, so I'm sure she's going to take a while. Tonight, I subject multiple members of my family to either Rushmore or Royal Tenenbaums.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: jough on December 25, 2006, 04:02:52 pm
Merry Christmas, and God bless us, one and all!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: melack on December 25, 2006, 04:51:01 pm
Merry Christmas, motherfucks. May your Christmas, New Years and all subsequent holidays be merry and free of venerial disease.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Choop on December 25, 2006, 05:25:35 pm
Happy Santaday! I feel bad because I totally missed Candleweek, and some of my best friends light candles.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 25, 2006, 06:33:00 pm
Merry Jesus Day, everybody.

May peace reign and may you not hear today whichever Christmas song you hate the most.

Some years, that can be the greatest Christmas gift of all.

(I've only heard "Christmas Wrapping" once this December and I consider myself blessed.)
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on December 25, 2006, 06:46:18 pm
Tonight, I subject multiple members of my family to either Rushmore or Royal Tenenbaums.

I vote for the Royal Tenenbaums. Arguably one of my favorite movies ever.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 25, 2006, 07:27:40 pm
yeah, people seem to be leaning towards that one. It was super awesome when the first thing I opened was a Thelonious Monk CD from "Santa" (you know, to throw my younger cousins off the scent)... all sitting there, sipping coffee, grooving to thelonious, my uncle being all "wow, is this Thelonious Monk? I love this guy!"
And then my other uncle made Breakfast Burritos, the Ultimate holiday tradition in our family. The day is not complete until we all eat a big ol' burrito with eggs, cheese, sausage, and potato.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: V-Adore on December 25, 2006, 07:44:20 pm
We ate hella cinnamon rolls, and it was rad.

Anyway, the big thing I got for Christmas this year was a shiny new Nintendo DS and several import games for it, which has led to an engaging morning of trying to figure out game manuals in a language I'm not really all that literate in. ("So... to save... I have to talk to a frog? ... Oh, here is a helpful diagram about the various consequences of a cowboy and a pig getting into a fight. God bless you, Japan.") There have also been some books and CDs and, bizarrely, an array of foot-care items from my mother, who may be trying to send me some kind of Message.

Another sign that you're becoming an adult:
ME: (going through my stocking) Oh, neat, an index-card file! It's got compartments so I can keep notes and recipes and stuff in!
MY MOTHER: Um... (V), your gift is in the index-card file.
(It turned out to be "surprise! We paid your credit-card and cell phone bills for December, plus here's some money!", which is also a thoroughly semi-adult kind of gift, but I'm still juiced about the file. I'm gonna hold so much stuff in it...)
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: jough on December 25, 2006, 07:46:09 pm
I forget how young some people here are until they say that the breakfast burrito, an invention of like fuck*ng 1992, is a "holiday tradition" in their family.

Yes, I only heard Christmas Wrapping(s?) once, and it was just this morning.  Soulless, tuneless dreck. 

Santa brought me a bluetooth headset that didn't fit in my ear, so one of his elves and I are going to Best Buy tomorrow to find one that is more secure than just sitting in the ear canal loosely.  I have uncommonly small ears, so even the small earpiece didn't fit in my ears.  I can't use Senheiser earbuds either.  They're too large.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: wombat on December 25, 2006, 08:01:17 pm
I forget how young some people here are until they say that the breakfast burrito, an invention of like fuck*ng 1992, is a "holiday tradition" in their family.

I hear you.

Santa fixed my laptop so that the power cord works again.  I no longer have to make sure to drape the cord over the screen in just the right position to make sure that I am connected or else I don't realize I'm running on the battery and suddenly I am out of battery.  This is such a good present that I am trying not to worry about the fact that there were still some screws left over after Santa put the laptop back together.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Drygioni on December 25, 2006, 08:02:54 pm
In my stocking, Santa me got More Songs About Buildings and Food, along with Fear of Music. I have spent the rest of the day schoolin' my brothers on the Wii and eating too much.

Fuck, I love Christmas!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: wombat on December 25, 2006, 08:21:45 pm
Oh, speaking of Christmas music, I should be thanking this board for the soundtrack to Christmas dinner, which is the Pogues.  Happy Christmas your arse, scumbags and maggots.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: AugustWest on December 25, 2006, 08:24:59 pm
It was super awesome when the first thing I opened was a Thelonious Monk CD from "Santa" (you know, to throw my younger cousins off the scent)... all sitting there, sipping coffee, grooving to thelonious, my uncle being all "wow, is this Thelonious Monk? I love this guy!"

You get a can for loving Thelonious.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 25, 2006, 08:28:55 pm
also: it is only a holiday tradition as of a few years ago.

But we get hell of excited about them. they are so good, dude. think about how good they are.

I WAS 4 YEARS OLD IN 1992!

my other "adult" moment was that I got really excited when my parents gave me a pot. Now I can cook! At school! Plus I got some sweaters! (of course, I got more excited about the DVD of Superman Returns. I guess... I'll never grow up Superman is Awesome and you can't deny it.)
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Drygioni on December 25, 2006, 08:43:11 pm
Oh, speaking of Christmas music, I should be thanking this board for the soundtrack to Christmas dinner, which is the Pogues.  Happy Christmas your arse, scumbags and maggots.

One down...
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 25, 2006, 10:08:33 pm
By Christmas 1992, I was already... thirteen and listening to the Use Your Illusion albums on repeat for days at a time and gnashing my teeth over the pretty girls who I was sure would never go out with me.

I am old, it seems.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on December 25, 2006, 11:00:39 pm
By Christmas 1992 I was fourteen years old and listening to grunge rock and wishing I could be done with the awkward teenage years already.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Choop on December 26, 2006, 01:49:32 am
Around Christmas '92: Already turned 16 and was shopping for cars in the classfiieds. Soundgarden and the end of Good Metallica rocked my Walkman. Liquid Television every Sunday night.

Now? Well, MTV just plain pisses me off.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Drygioni on December 26, 2006, 02:22:31 am
In '92, I was a dribbling moody bastard making life hell for those around me. Despite being waited on hand and foot my thirst for the servitude of others was never satiated, and I felt a huge amount of jealousy for those younger and cuter than me. Please check back in around 70 years when the cycle repeats itself.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on December 26, 2006, 02:35:16 am
In '92, I was a dribbling moody bastard making life hell for those around me. Despite being waited on hand and foot my thirst for the servitude of others was never satiated, and I felt a huge amount of jealousy for those younger and cuter than me. Please check back in around 70 years when the cycle repeats itself.

HEH! You get a Tiny Can of Dr. Pepper for that, good sir.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: V-Adore on December 26, 2006, 02:59:26 am
Christmas '92 was spent in Florida, an entirely strange and unnerving environment, on a family vacation invoving my dubiously-stable aunt and Disney World. The only gift from it that I remember is a marble dragon statue from EPCOT Center -- and the Sega Game Gear given to me pre-Christmas to keep me quiet on the plane. I was nine.

Today, fourteen years later, I have spent much of the night playing a video game in Japanese I barely understand. ("I'm getting attacked by a lamp! Why am I getting attacked by a lamp?!") Very little in my life changes, really.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 26, 2006, 03:14:35 am
Quote from: V-Adore
a marble dragon statue from EPCOT Center

Widget? Was that its name?

EPCOT was entirely about how goddamned weird Captain EO was, as far as I was concerned.

Michael Jackson and a pom-pom rat... fight evil aliens... with the power of love... IN 3-D.

Innocent. Times.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Choop on December 26, 2006, 04:03:39 am
Ahhhhhh.

I'm sitting here finishing a bottle of Prosecco after my parents and friends have departed, and the missus has gone to bed. My lasagnas were big hits, and the chicken cutlets were the perfect accompaniment. No gifts were exchanged (except for some dog biscuits) and no cross words were had. Perhaps the best Santaday of the past several years.

This is the contented sigh of the happy man.

Ahhhhhh.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 26, 2006, 04:06:01 am
mmm. my lady loved her present, but what she gave me was better. I've never gotten something hand-made that I actually liked before... lovely. details on flickr.

(also she gave me a Beatles shirt and a cute letter that she wrote on the back of a collage. I gave her... some nice little teacups? Damn. She got real excited about them, though.)


Also: Rushmore was FANTASTIC. wow.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on December 26, 2006, 05:22:16 am
Oh my GOD! That is an amazing print. Hell of awesome Christmas pressie.

Also, you two are RIDICULOUSLY CUTE. <3

mmm. my lady loved her present, but what she gave me was better. I've never gotten something hand-made that I actually liked before... lovely. details on flickr.

(also she gave me a Beatles shirt and a cute letter that she wrote on the back of a collage. I gave her... some nice little teacups? Damn. She got real excited about them, though.)


Also: Rushmore was FANTASTIC. wow.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 26, 2006, 06:08:46 am
thanks. I've been told that before. I wish you could see how gorgeous she is, as well. There are a few pictures on my Flickr among the first I uploaded, but, they're all weird shots... nothing good.

edit: I stole a few pictures from one of her friends. So.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Choop on December 26, 2006, 07:44:23 am
BTW, inev, the short hair's much better on you than the long hair. It's a much more outgoing look.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Ben-San on December 26, 2006, 09:49:12 am
Christmas wrap-up report: bleeding from forehead and side. Nothing yet on wrists or ankles so it's not actually stigmata yet.

Not a great day, but there's no reason it should be.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: wombat on December 26, 2006, 01:09:30 pm
Too soon, Ben, wrong holiday!

The Christmas wrap up should be more like:

Baby update 12/25/00: Accidentally discovered that straw plus diaper rash ointment form a permanent adhesive. Next time bring portable bassinet, or earplugs.

Baby update 12/26/00: Myrrh turns out to be excellent solvent; all grateful for decent night's sleep. Donkey ate frankincense, so no need to regift.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: jough on December 26, 2006, 04:18:57 pm
12/27/00: Gold came in handy, as expected.

Also, in 1992 I was sixteen and into grunge music, guitar intrumental stuff (Joe Satriani represent, yo), and getting around to starting a punk rock band.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: jough on December 26, 2006, 04:35:10 pm
thanks. I've been told that before. I wish you could see how gorgeous she is, as well. There are a few pictures on my Flickr among the first I uploaded, but, they're all weird shots... nothing good.

edit: I stole a few pictures from one of her friends. So.

So wait, dude, which one is your Special Lady Friend?  The one on the right here:

http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/333603472/

or the one on the right here?

http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/326586383/

Or do you keep a different Special Lady Friend in college and back home so you're never without?  Because that's pretty smooth, playa.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: side_show on December 26, 2006, 06:12:12 pm
smooth: bein' a playa fo' real yo.

not smooth: publicly broadcasting your playa stylz- 'cause bitches take issue, yo. 

Hmm....  I sorta like that.  I'm thinking 2007 will be the year I end more sentences with "yo," yo. (As in: "There goes my career down the toilet, yo!")

Also, Merry Christmas to all.  I have to go clear a path from all the gifts to get to the fridge just so I can enjoy the sweetest post-Christmas joy:  eating a turkey sandwich.  We got so much cool shit.  The task of finding places for all of them is so very daunting!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 26, 2006, 06:55:31 pm
Jennifer is my girlfriend. Grace is my friend at college who one time we took a bunch of pictures. I am not up to anything sly, I swear.

the internet makes it impossible to do this kind of thing, unless one or both of them are purposely aware. I joked once that I should write a song called "Facebook Makes me Stay True," but I was afraid people would take it the wrong way.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 26, 2006, 09:11:22 pm
Quote from: theinevitable
I am not up to anything sly, I swear.

You're not supposed to tell the internet that, though.

The internet wants to believe that you're up to all sorts of sly things, so that it can live vicariously through your slyness. If you're admitting to your monogomy with one pretty girl as opposed to sly machinations with several, it's like you're taking away the internet's one reason to live.

Well, I mean, when the internet wants to pretend its having sex with gay cartoon wolves, it goes on Second Life.

But when it wants to pretend it's havin' run-of-the-mill actual-human to actual-human coveting of the neighbor's wife, it turns its weary eyes to you, Joe DiMaggio. And you done broke the spell.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 26, 2006, 09:19:33 pm
the internet itself is killing the dream, man. the internet -itself-.

you can't (or... can) imagine how much of a turnoff a link on my facebook profile that says "Daniel is in a Relationship with Jennifer" is. I mean... they can click right there and see her! I feel bad enough when people post pictures of me with other girls... much less actually doing anything with them.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on December 27, 2006, 03:23:03 am
She's hella cute, she looks like a very young Uma Thurman, especially in the photo where she's rolling her eyes.

And I like you both with long hair and with short hair. However, the long hair tends to make you look far younger than you actually are.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: jough on December 27, 2006, 05:26:58 am
Yes, we're quite fans of Grace in my Philly office here.  I was going through Flickr and a friend asked me to send him the URL of a page with a photo of the two of you, although with that guy I wouldn't know if it was because of Grace or because of you.  I'm just saying.

Anyway, good times never felt so good.  Would Photoshop again. A+++++++
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 27, 2006, 07:57:57 am
wow, so, have I gotten it across that my girlfriend is not Grace? Linnea is referring to the girl who is not my girlfriend. Who is very cute, but, I am not making any kind of smooches with her.

Also: I always feel bad when I put up pictures of people with their names. But I feel awkward being all "this is my friend, friend #3."
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 27, 2006, 08:28:40 am
Quote from: theinevitable
wow, so, have I gotten it across that my girlfriend is not Grace?

Definitely.

WINK WINK.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: jough on December 27, 2006, 05:41:43 pm
So does that mean that Grace is available?  I mean, if she thinks you're a dick that speaks pretty well of her.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 27, 2006, 05:45:39 pm
she doesn't think I'm a dick!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: jough on December 27, 2006, 05:58:55 pm
http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/326586383/
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 27, 2006, 09:18:54 pm
I was... I was kidding! She called me the other day and told me she misses me! Fuck!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 27, 2006, 10:59:16 pm
Quote from: theinevitable
She called me the other day and told me she misses me!

Which she is that, the she who misses you?
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 27, 2006, 11:18:19 pm
the one that Jough said thinks I'm a dick!

fuck!

Fine, people, I am getting it on with all of them. You found me out. I am cheating on my girlfriend with every single girl there is a picture of on my Flickr.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on December 28, 2006, 03:47:37 am
Hehehee... poor theinev, now we all know that you're really a stone-cold player. Deep down, and Grace/Jennifer should've seen it coming.











;) I'm teasing! I know that you are true to your lady!
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 28, 2006, 07:43:27 am
I'm currently imagining tabloid gossip rags created only for sale to, like, twenty-five people who read this message board. The headlines start conflating your name with the girls to make cutesy little catchphrases and everything:

"Grinevitable out/Jenevitable in?" "Possible Grennifer Love Double-Cross?"

They would go broke after one issue but they would all be awesome.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 28, 2006, 07:54:51 am
Ironically, Grace is not one of the girls I have been accused of cheating on jennifer with. (by her friend, who knows I would never do that. So I hope she was kidding.)

my favorite was when she called me and said "so, how's your friend who wants to fuck you? Yes, daniel, I know about that. I'm very disappointed in you."

I still can't figure out who she was talking about.

...I mean, because there are so many?

Happy Holidays, People!

I have a bad habit of derailing threads with personal Garbage.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 28, 2006, 08:59:19 am
(Her friend is using grade-school triple-reverse psychology to say that she wants you to cheat on Jennifer with HER. It would not be more obvious if she started claiming you have cooties.)
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: side_show on December 28, 2006, 04:44:25 pm
Wow this thread turned to Nazi gold while I was gone.

Three Christmas dinners in the bag.  Horrible issues at home scabbing over.  Plan for New Year's Eve?  A bucket of chicken, some crispy Stellas*, a stack of movies, the new home theatre system and the SO.  Cheers!

(*I kid you not, I stood in the vendor, and there was a case of Stellas, and the term "crispy Stellas" (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01202006) echoed in my head so hard it was impossible not to buy them!  And now... and now it's hard to not just crack 'em open now!)
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on December 28, 2006, 06:05:29 pm
lfm-- you are not the first person to suggest this. By far.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 28, 2006, 10:52:15 pm
Quote from: side_show
some crispy Stellas

I too now call these Crispy Stellas. I got some Stellas for a coupla friends for helping me with something at work and... yep.

I called 'em "crispy Stellas" and they looked at me weird.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on December 29, 2006, 06:22:35 am
I too now call these Crispy Stellas. I got some Stellas for a coupla friends for helping me with something at work and... yep.

I called 'em "crispy Stellas" and they looked at me weird.

I fuck*ng love me some Artois. Using the adjective "crispy" only heightens my enjoyment of them.

I also love saying "Oh, nice, a frosty Amstel (Light) instead of a puddle that a rhino crapped in."
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Nabubrush on January 01, 2007, 04:48:32 am
Inevitable, that's a passle of good lookin' folks you got there on that website.

I'm at work, looking forward to the lobster and filet mignon tomorrow. Actually, not really, because I had it a week ago for Xmas (that's right, both holidays at work again) and it was sort of overcooked. I am, however, looking forward to going home in three days.

Happy holidays, you crazy bastards.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: wombat on January 01, 2007, 08:24:20 pm
Happy New Year.  Time to hang up the new calendars and start writing the wrong date on checks. If anyone even writes checks anymore. I write so few now, it could go on for months before I get the hang of it this year.

Speaking of pictures did I forget to say at Christmas that you should all go look at the picture of the pugs with Santa? I have been rather belated with the Christmas business this year.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38817438@N00/323232619/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38817438@N00/323232619/)

Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: linnea on January 02, 2007, 12:19:51 am
Happy New Year.  Time to hang up the new calendars and start writing the wrong date on checks. If anyone even writes checks anymore. I write so few now, it could go on for months before I get the hang of it this year.

Speaking of pictures did I forget to say at Christmas that you should all go look at the picture of the pugs with Santa? I have been rather belated with the Christmas business this year.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38817438@N00/323232619/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38817438@N00/323232619/)

omg... CUUUTE!

Lennybruce is being a sweet, good kitty and is sitting on my lap <3 I wish I could've gotten a picture of him and his brother with Santa.

Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: theinevitable on January 02, 2007, 07:58:36 am
happy new year, everyone! My special lady celebrated the new year by letting me give her a Midnight Smooch in front of our friends-- you know, because none of our friends know we have ever smooched. hope you all had a good time bringing in 2007.
Title: Re: Happy holidays!
Post by: Nabubrush on January 02, 2007, 06:05:05 pm
Nice life-affirming sig for the new year, inev.