Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy holidays!  (Read 10536 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2006, 07:46:09 pm »

I forget how young some people here are until they say that the breakfast burrito, an invention of like fuck*ng 1992, is a "holiday tradition" in their family.

Yes, I only heard Christmas Wrapping(s?) once, and it was just this morning.  Soulless, tuneless dreck. 

Santa brought me a bluetooth headset that didn't fit in my ear, so one of his elves and I are going to Best Buy tomorrow to find one that is more secure than just sitting in the ear canal loosely.  I have uncommonly small ears, so even the small earpiece didn't fit in my ears.  I can't use Senheiser earbuds either.  They're too large.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2006, 08:01:17 pm »

I forget how young some people here are until they say that the breakfast burrito, an invention of like fuck*ng 1992, is a "holiday tradition" in their family.

I hear you.

Santa fixed my laptop so that the power cord works again.  I no longer have to make sure to drape the cord over the screen in just the right position to make sure that I am connected or else I don't realize I'm running on the battery and suddenly I am out of battery.  This is such a good present that I am trying not to worry about the fact that there were still some screws left over after Santa put the laptop back together.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2006, 08:02:54 pm »

In my stocking, Santa me got More Songs About Buildings and Food, along with Fear of Music. I have spent the rest of the day schoolin' my brothers on the Wii and eating too much.

Fuck, I love Christmas!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2006, 08:21:45 pm »

Oh, speaking of Christmas music, I should be thanking this board for the soundtrack to Christmas dinner, which is the Pogues.  Happy Christmas your arse, scumbags and maggots.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2006, 08:24:59 pm »

It was super awesome when the first thing I opened was a Thelonious Monk CD from "Santa" (you know, to throw my younger cousins off the scent)... all sitting there, sipping coffee, grooving to thelonious, my uncle being all "wow, is this Thelonious Monk? I love this guy!"

You get a can for loving Thelonious.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2006, 08:28:55 pm »

also: it is only a holiday tradition as of a few years ago.

But we get hell of excited about them. they are so good, dude. think about how good they are.

I WAS 4 YEARS OLD IN 1992!

my other "adult" moment was that I got really excited when my parents gave me a pot. Now I can cook! At school! Plus I got some sweaters! (of course, I got more excited about the DVD of Superman Returns. I guess... I'll never grow up Superman is Awesome and you can't deny it.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2006, 08:43:11 pm »

Oh, speaking of Christmas music, I should be thanking this board for the soundtrack to Christmas dinner, which is the Pogues.  Happy Christmas your arse, scumbags and maggots.

One down...
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2006, 10:08:33 pm »

By Christmas 1992, I was already... thirteen and listening to the Use Your Illusion albums on repeat for days at a time and gnashing my teeth over the pretty girls who I was sure would never go out with me.

I am old, it seems.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2006, 11:00:39 pm »

By Christmas 1992 I was fourteen years old and listening to grunge rock and wishing I could be done with the awkward teenage years already.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2006, 01:49:32 am »

Around Christmas '92: Already turned 16 and was shopping for cars in the classfiieds. Soundgarden and the end of Good Metallica rocked my Walkman. Liquid Television every Sunday night.

Now? Well, MTV just plain pisses me off.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2006, 02:22:31 am »

In '92, I was a dribbling moody bastard making life hell for those around me. Despite being waited on hand and foot my thirst for the servitude of others was never satiated, and I felt a huge amount of jealousy for those younger and cuter than me. Please check back in around 70 years when the cycle repeats itself.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2006, 02:35:16 am »

In '92, I was a dribbling moody bastard making life hell for those around me. Despite being waited on hand and foot my thirst for the servitude of others was never satiated, and I felt a huge amount of jealousy for those younger and cuter than me. Please check back in around 70 years when the cycle repeats itself.

HEH! You get a Tiny Can of Dr. Pepper for that, good sir.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2006, 02:59:26 am »

Christmas '92 was spent in Florida, an entirely strange and unnerving environment, on a family vacation invoving my dubiously-stable aunt and Disney World. The only gift from it that I remember is a marble dragon statue from EPCOT Center -- and the Sega Game Gear given to me pre-Christmas to keep me quiet on the plane. I was nine.

Today, fourteen years later, I have spent much of the night playing a video game in Japanese I barely understand. ("I'm getting attacked by a lamp! Why am I getting attacked by a lamp?!") Very little in my life changes, really.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2006, 03:14:35 am »

Quote from: V-Adore
a marble dragon statue from EPCOT Center

Widget? Was that its name?

EPCOT was entirely about how goddamned weird Captain EO was, as far as I was concerned.

Michael Jackson and a pom-pom rat... fight evil aliens... with the power of love... IN 3-D.

Innocent. Times.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2006, 04:03:39 am »

Ahhhhhh.

I'm sitting here finishing a bottle of Prosecco after my parents and friends have departed, and the missus has gone to bed. My lasagnas were big hits, and the chicken cutlets were the perfect accompaniment. No gifts were exchanged (except for some dog biscuits) and no cross words were had. Perhaps the best Santaday of the past several years.

This is the contented sigh of the happy man.

Ahhhhhh.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up