The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Fooker on February 15, 2007, 09:23:20 am

Title: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challenge.
Post by: Fooker on February 15, 2007, 09:23:20 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02152007

I like how the Ray's Urine entry on Wikipedia is already protected and redirecting to the Achewood entry.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: theinevitable on February 15, 2007, 10:00:25 am
pretty good.

I am not sure what the Alt Text means, though. Men know not to do this, but they do it anyway? Why?

also: Audiocast is a bullshit made-up word. I thought Onstad knew better. I guess Ray doesn't, though. Is this a real concept?
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: dejavroom on February 15, 2007, 10:36:56 am

I am not sure what the Alt Text means, though. Men know not to do this, but they do it anyway? Why?


I think it means not every man is willing to do what's necessary to avoid "audiocasting" - i.e. pee sitting on the toilet  like a lady would do.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: V-Adore on February 15, 2007, 10:39:51 am
I'm impressed by how quickly Wikipedia kept the "Ray's Urine" article from actually existing. Well-done, Wikipedia!
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: theinevitable on February 15, 2007, 11:07:14 am
wow. insecurity much? It's just peeing, people.

...although I suppose if you were truly secure, you would be OK with people knowing that you were peeing.


I am secure in one of these things and not in the other.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: oball on February 15, 2007, 11:50:59 am
If you don't want people to hear you pissing, you just piss onto the inside walls of the bowl rather than directly into the water.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challenge.
Post by: side_show on February 15, 2007, 02:12:38 pm
I used to pre-flush for sound muffling.

Also, watching real cats pee is always amusing to me.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 15, 2007, 03:04:05 pm
If you don't want people to hear you pissing, you just piss onto the inside walls of the bowl rather than directly into the water.

This is true and not a secret.

I also try to conceal the sounds of me clipping my nails, but I haven't found a reliable way to cover up the sharp metallic TIK! sound of steel snapping through keratin.  I'd rather hear my girlfriend vomit than listen to her trim her toenails.  Is SO gross.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challenge.
Post by: CortJstr on February 15, 2007, 03:44:41 pm
In my apartment the bathroom has no fan and is next to the kitchen. During parties and whatnot people who are getting beverages and extra tortilla roll-ups propably don't want to hear peeing.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challenge.
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 15, 2007, 04:19:51 pm
From the subject line, I thought we were heading into a storyline about Ray getting a podcast in the context of the story, like "Tastycakes Cast" or something and I thought to myself... "okay, self, this could be a good storyline."

And then... cat urine.

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, ONSTAD! THIS ROUND!
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: coldfrog on February 15, 2007, 06:05:00 pm
This is true and not a secret.

I also try to conceal the sounds of me clipping my nails, but I haven't found a reliable way to cover up the sharp metallic TIK! sound of steel snapping through keratin.  I'd rather hear my girlfriend vomit than listen to her trim her toenails.  Is SO gross.

I generally respect peoples' right to be grossed out by stuff, but I have never ever understood why this gives people the queasies.  Is it anything particular about the sound or is it just a gut reaction?
On the other hand, I can't stand it when people bite their fingernails.  That creeps me out.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 15, 2007, 07:36:49 pm
Is it anything particular about the sound or is it just a gut reaction?

Gotta be something particular about the sound, but screw if I can put my finger(nail) on it. 

I also cannot stand the sweet island sounds of steel drums and the squeak of styrofoam or certain consistencies of snow also make my ears want to beat a hasty retreat into my head.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challenge.
Post by: CortJstr on February 15, 2007, 07:42:13 pm
Gotta be something particular about the sound, but screw if I can put my finger(nail) on it. 

I also cannot stand the sweet island sounds of steel drums and the squeak of styrofoam or certain consistencies of snow also make my ears want to beat a hasty retreat into my head.

In one of the ratings Lore says that styrofoam is chalkboard squeak and piss shiver distilled into physical form. Base on the sound it makes I'm inclined to agree.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: Omegatron on February 15, 2007, 07:50:16 pm
As a reader of Achewood and a Wikipedia administrator, I'd just like to say...

... well.  I don't really have anything to say, I guess.


People create the equivalent of Ray's Urine probably 500 times a day, though.

Edit: Just look through the Deletion log (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/delete):

Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 15, 2007, 08:01:25 pm
Someone had to do it... http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Ray%27s_urine (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Ray%27s_urine)
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 15, 2007, 08:06:02 pm
"smexy mankake"

Smexy mankake?

What. The Hell. Man.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: CortJstr on February 15, 2007, 08:19:11 pm
I blame Stephen_Colbert_(character). And Ryan North
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: wombat on February 15, 2007, 08:50:24 pm
But those deleted entries are not comparable to the Ray's Urine entry at all!
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: coldfrog on February 15, 2007, 09:34:27 pm
People create the equivalent of Ray's Urine probably 500 times a day, though.

Edit: Just look through the Deletion log (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/delete):

  • 14:49, February 15, 2007 Kukini deleted "Dom Hull" (content was: 'My name is Dom Hull. I iz like 12 yrs old. DAts bout it.' (and the only contributor was 'Dompotatoes'))
  • 14:42, February 15, 2007 Friday deleted "Miles boucher" (content was: '{{db-bio}}Miles Boucher is a smexy mankake. He is into exotic cheeses. And erotic cheeses. He is a student at a school which i will not name for secu...')
  • 14:36, February 15, 2007 Dante Alighieri deleted "Lily Hutson" (content was: '{{db-attack}}Lily Hutson was born November 3, 1990. She has been activly homosexual since the ftih grade. She has dated over 3 million men and transm...')

According to this, Ray's victory with computers is equivalent to a 12 year old with too much time on his hands who has mysteriously figured out how to work a computer at all.  This explains a lot about Little Nephew.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: jaydub on February 15, 2007, 09:55:56 pm
Smexy mankake?

What. The Hell. Man.

There's a thing that's been going on since I first saw someone use "dood" on a (dial-up) message board in the mid-80's that seems to be a confusion between illiteracy, idiocy, misplaced irony, and simple haste/laziness while typing.  I'm never sure whether someone's trying to get a new slang word going, is generally confused about how to communicate with fellow humans, is trying to show how cool/clever they are, or has fingers the size of bratwursts when they write something like "smexy".

Actually, my stepfather used to work for Southern Pacific railroad and worked with Teletypes a fair bit.  They used an early version of l33T-sPe4|< as a way to save costs, and to be clever: msg 2 trnz 4 immed dist: delaz at s8tnz west SLC hvy sno
They actually were looking to use fewer characters though - you'd be considered a moron if you wrote sTa7iUnnZ instead of st8tnz.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challenge.
Post by: robot_god on February 15, 2007, 10:30:43 pm
There's nothing I love more than taking a long, loud, hot, moaning urine, and letting everyone within earshot know about it.

I love takin' a urine.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: dryguy on February 15, 2007, 10:57:18 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02152007

I like how the Ray's Urine entry on Wikipedia is already protected and redirecting to the Achewood entry.

Ray's piss is still up for grabs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=Ray%27s+piss&go=Go (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=Ray%27s+piss&go=Go)
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: coldfrog on February 15, 2007, 10:59:05 pm
If he REALLY wanted to score a victory, he would have chosen "Ray's Micturations".
Nothin' says lovin' like some good old-fashioned micturations!
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: Golfhaus on February 15, 2007, 11:15:52 pm
Wikipedia may not be the place for "Ray's Urine," but Urban Dictionary seems like a good place for "Audiocast." I have a definition pending there. Will advise.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: side_show on February 16, 2007, 02:11:45 pm
But those deleted entries are not comparable to the Ray's Urine entry at all!

Agreed.  Doesn't the existance of an actual strip about Ray's Urine legitimize it?  As far as I'm concerned this should be an entry.  An entry about the nature of wikipedia - or is that too complex or something?
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challenge.
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 16, 2007, 04:06:41 pm
There's nothing I love more than taking a long, loud, hot, moaning urine, and letting everyone within earshot know about it.

I love takin' a urine.

My urinations are heady and frothy, like an ice-cold blast of beer! (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/06/06kurigro.phtml)

(I know links to transcripts are quaint in today's age of YouTube this and Digg that.  I'm sure you don't need to actually SEE a guy taking a whiz to know what's going on here.)
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: jaydub on February 16, 2007, 08:56:41 pm
This may be straying into the region of TMI, but one of the things my Dad was looking forward to following prostate surgery (Trans-Urethral Prostate Resection or TURP, as they apparently say) was "being able to bore a hole in the porcelain".  At some point following his recovery I asked about how his ability to wash away hillsides had come along;  he sadly admitted that reality had not lived up to his expectations.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: linnea on February 17, 2007, 04:24:01 am
This may be straying into the region of TMI, but one of the things my Dad was looking forward to following prostate surgery (Trans-Urethral Prostate Resection or TURP, as they apparently say) was "being able to bore a hole in the porcelain".  At some point following his recovery I asked about how his ability to wash away hillsides had come along;  he sadly admitted that reality had not lived up to his expectations.

That reminds me of the scene in Zoolander where he's pleading for just one drop for Daddy, and then the grossest-sounding, most ponderous ONE DROP sounds... that really was disgusting. That scene made me throw up a little. I'm hella glad that I ain't got a prostate.
Title: Re: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challen
Post by: theinevitable on February 18, 2007, 10:01:48 pm
I just saw an ad for "Flomax."

Good lord, people.

I do not understand the whole concept of what prostate problems do for you, and I am glad for that.