Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 February 2007 - All men know not to audiocast, yet few answer the challenge.  (Read 6493 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02152007

I like how the Ray's Urine entry on Wikipedia is already protected and redirecting to the Achewood entry.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:26:39 am by Fooker »
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

pretty good.

I am not sure what the Alt Text means, though. Men know not to do this, but they do it anyway? Why?

also: Audiocast is a bullshit made-up word. I thought Onstad knew better. I guess Ray doesn't, though. Is this a real concept?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile


I am not sure what the Alt Text means, though. Men know not to do this, but they do it anyway? Why?


I think it means not every man is willing to do what's necessary to avoid "audiocasting" - i.e. pee sitting on the toilet  like a lady would do.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

V-Adore

  • Guest

I'm impressed by how quickly Wikipedia kept the "Ray's Urine" article from actually existing. Well-done, Wikipedia!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

wow. insecurity much? It's just peeing, people.

...although I suppose if you were truly secure, you would be OK with people knowing that you were peeing.


I am secure in one of these things and not in the other.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

If you don't want people to hear you pissing, you just piss onto the inside walls of the bowl rather than directly into the water.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

I used to pre-flush for sound muffling.

Also, watching real cats pee is always amusing to me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

If you don't want people to hear you pissing, you just piss onto the inside walls of the bowl rather than directly into the water.

This is true and not a secret.

I also try to conceal the sounds of me clipping my nails, but I haven't found a reliable way to cover up the sharp metallic TIK! sound of steel snapping through keratin.  I'd rather hear my girlfriend vomit than listen to her trim her toenails.  Is SO gross.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

In my apartment the bathroom has no fan and is next to the kitchen. During parties and whatnot people who are getting beverages and extra tortilla roll-ups propably don't want to hear peeing.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

From the subject line, I thought we were heading into a storyline about Ray getting a podcast in the context of the story, like "Tastycakes Cast" or something and I thought to myself... "okay, self, this could be a good storyline."

And then... cat urine.

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, ONSTAD! THIS ROUND!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes

This is true and not a secret.

I also try to conceal the sounds of me clipping my nails, but I haven't found a reliable way to cover up the sharp metallic TIK! sound of steel snapping through keratin.  I'd rather hear my girlfriend vomit than listen to her trim her toenails.  Is SO gross.

I generally respect peoples' right to be grossed out by stuff, but I have never ever understood why this gives people the queasies.  Is it anything particular about the sound or is it just a gut reaction?
On the other hand, I can't stand it when people bite their fingernails.  That creeps me out.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

Is it anything particular about the sound or is it just a gut reaction?

Gotta be something particular about the sound, but screw if I can put my finger(nail) on it. 

I also cannot stand the sweet island sounds of steel drums and the squeak of styrofoam or certain consistencies of snow also make my ears want to beat a hasty retreat into my head.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Gotta be something particular about the sound, but screw if I can put my finger(nail) on it. 

I also cannot stand the sweet island sounds of steel drums and the squeak of styrofoam or certain consistencies of snow also make my ears want to beat a hasty retreat into my head.

In one of the ratings Lore says that styrofoam is chalkboard squeak and piss shiver distilled into physical form. Base on the sound it makes I'm inclined to agree.
Logged

Omegatron

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile

As a reader of Achewood and a Wikipedia administrator, I'd just like to say...

... well.  I don't really have anything to say, I guess.


People create the equivalent of Ray's Urine probably 500 times a day, though.

Edit: Just look through the Deletion log:

  • 14:49, February 15, 2007 Kukini deleted "Dom Hull" (content was: 'My name is Dom Hull. I iz like 12 yrs old. DAts bout it.' (and the only contributor was 'Dompotatoes'))
  • 14:42, February 15, 2007 Friday deleted "Miles boucher" (content was: '{{db-bio}}Miles Boucher is a smexy mankake. He is into exotic cheeses. And erotic cheeses. He is a student at a school which i will not name for secu...')
  • 14:36, February 15, 2007 Dante Alighieri deleted "Lily Hutson" (content was: '{{db-attack}}Lily Hutson was born November 3, 1990. She has been activly homosexual since the ftih grade. She has dated over 3 million men and transm...')
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:01:13 pm by Omegatron »
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up