The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on March 09, 2007, 04:39:58 am

Title: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 09, 2007, 04:39:58 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03092007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03092007)

Does "Hilarious!" disprove my previous theories? Possibly. Possibly.

But if I have proven nothing else to you Awesome Internet People, I hope I have at least proven that I am pretty much pulling my theories out of my ass on the complete fly. I apologize to no man.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 09, 2007, 04:47:27 am
You have chosen the correct phrase for the thread title. I would give you a can for this, but I see you already have more than a hundred. Should any one man have so many tiny cans?
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2007, 04:48:37 am
That's one canned-up motherfucker.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: V-Adore on March 09, 2007, 05:00:38 am
I also like "the Kenyan government was careless with his sister's brain." That's a beautiful phrase, even removed entirely from context.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 09, 2007, 05:07:22 am
So I am not the only one who is still unclear as to whether the cat is messing with the African for entertainment or whether he thinks it is a legitimate business move to open a burrito chain in a place where many lack indoor plumbing and the per capita income is in the hundreds of dollars?
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: linnea on March 09, 2007, 05:17:08 am
Jesus, Leon Sumbitches is one hell of a presumptuous bastard. Totally without shame.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Golfhaus on March 09, 2007, 05:45:39 am
So I am not the only one who is still unclear as to whether the cat is messing with the African for entertainment or whether he thinks it is a legitimate business move to open a burrito chain in a place where many lack indoor plumbing and the per capita income is in the hundreds of dollars?

I was, until "Hilarious!" in the last panel. I'm pretty convinced that he's taking the piss now.

I like to think if I ever had sixty kabillion dollars, I'd be that kind of rich person too. Not afraid to drop a grand just to see what happens. I'd also be the kind of guy who walked down the street and offered people insane amounts of money to do dumb things. "You! Grab that biker's ass! Twenty thousand dollars if you do."
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: coldfrog on March 09, 2007, 06:12:13 am
"You! Grab that biker's ass! Twenty thousand dollars if you do."

Only if you cover my medical and/or legal bills.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: chuanoplast on March 09, 2007, 06:17:12 am
What would somebody suffering from "plump leg" looks like? I assume only one leg has the plump, while the other is a perfectly normal, or even comely, leg. Half a pair of cankles?
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 09, 2007, 06:33:13 am
Quote from: chuanoplast
What would somebody suffering from "plump leg" looks like?

Here's the thing.

In Most of Africa? There pretty much isn't such a thing as "being fat". They're starving and such. Something about their diamonds being stolen and not even the power of Leonardo DiCaprio's Sincere Concern being able to prevent it. Very. Sad.

He's trying his best to explain that he is too fat to fly coach but doesn't have the words for it. Leonardo DiCaprio failed and so they are pretty much without a concept of fat. When someone shows the signs of being fat or suffers the difficulties of fatness, they don't have words for that and they have to come up with medical diagnoses like "plump leg".

That is pretty much how bad it is in Most of Africa.

If only Leo had squinted a little harder, it may have been preventable.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: chuanoplast on March 09, 2007, 06:41:19 am
He's trying his best to explain that he is too fat to fly coach but doesn't have the words for it.

Oh man, I thought he was trying to describe an actual medical condition like elephantitis or that one where you get giant goiters on your leg. Somehow hearing the phrase "plump leg" made me forget that this Leon Sumbitches/Brian Wheat is a spammer.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: pmcd9 on March 09, 2007, 07:30:10 am
Ray had his doubts from the start, but it was worth $5,000 to find out if this Leon Sumbitches was genuine.  LS followup e-mail has convinced Ray that he is a fraud.  But it's only about 20 g more to keep playing so he may continue to ante up.

Also, Leon Sumbitches played bass for Tesla?
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: robot_god on March 09, 2007, 12:45:36 pm
Man, I knew Ray knew what was going on!

The old Ray would not have known, but the newer Ray isn't that Ray no more.  Ya know?

Old Ray never received e-mail before, but the new Ray: he's read Something Awful at least.

It's pretty low of him to think that Leon's e-mail is hilarious, I mean, their economy basically evolves around a dude sitting on an out-of-round basketball.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: wombat on March 09, 2007, 01:56:36 pm
[Does "Hilarious!" disprove my previous theories? Possibly. Possibly.


Oh indeedy! 
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: CortJstr on March 09, 2007, 02:25:28 pm
I was, until "Hilarious!" in the last panel. I'm pretty convinced that he's taking the piss now.

I like to think if I ever had sixty kabillion dollars, I'd be that kind of rich person too. Not afraid to drop a grand just to see what happens. I'd also be the kind of guy who walked down the street and offered people insane amounts of money to do dumb things. "You! Grab that biker's ass! Twenty thousand dollars if you do."

You could totally resurrect those old Klondike bar commercials from the 80's. But with money instead of kind-of-blah vanilla ice cream.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 09, 2007, 02:46:43 pm
or that one where you get giant goiters on your leg.

I initially read this as "giant guitars."  That would be an awesome medical condition.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2007, 02:49:07 pm
What would somebody suffering from "plump leg" looks like? I assume only one leg has the plump, while the other is a perfectly normal, or even comely, leg. Half a pair of cankles?

He might have lymphodema. (http://www.vascularsociety.org.uk/patient/lymphodema.html) My ex-MIL had that. That is very rough chuckles indeed. I'm guessing CO isn't referring to that, though.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 09, 2007, 03:29:29 pm
This time the e-mail smokes two joints in the Afternoon.


Insert joke about [Giant Flask of Mojo] here.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: linnea on March 10, 2007, 02:54:07 am
He might have lymphodema. (http://www.vascularsociety.org.uk/patient/lymphodema.html) My ex-MIL had that. That is very rough chuckles indeed. I'm guessing CO isn't referring to that, though.

that acronym really confused me for a minute.
"Hmmm...Nabu's ex-mother-he'd-like-to-? Why'd he truncate it? ....

 Oh, wait, it's mother in law..."
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 10, 2007, 02:58:25 am
that acronym really confused me for a minute.
"Hmmm...Nabu's ex-mother-he'd-like-to-? Why'd he truncate it? ....

 Oh, wait, it's mother in law..."


I did the same exact thing. I feel less like an idiot now.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 10, 2007, 04:34:25 am
This time the e-mail smokes two joints in the Afternoon.

Does anyone know how to make this happen? On a mac?
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: iron_felix on March 10, 2007, 05:41:42 am
What, no flowchart today?!  I feel cheated.

Does "Hilarious!" disprove my previous theories? Possibly. Possibly.

But if I have proven nothing else to you Awesome Internet People, I hope I have at least proven that I am pretty much pulling my theories out of my ass on the complete fly. I apologize to no man.

LFM, if this strip has shed serious doubt on your theory, it's shot mine completely to pieces.  And there's really no more reliable way to predict the course of an Achewood story arc than pulling a theory out your ass, either, as Onstad likely pulls a lot of his storyboards out of his ass as well.  If you have been proven wrong, it is only because you have failed to achieve the correct level of asshole-synchronicity.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: chuanoplast on March 10, 2007, 06:49:28 am
The chances of achieving perfect asshole-synchronicity are 1/154967. This has been proven using dubious scientific methods (a.k.a. assholes).
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Fooker on March 10, 2007, 07:51:56 am
I think that it is LITTLE NEPHEW.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: pmcd9 on March 10, 2007, 10:03:58 am
I think that it is LITTLE NEPHEW.

By God, you might be right.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 11, 2007, 01:33:17 pm
Does anyone know how to make this happen? On a mac?

Download/rip song (I recommend the Toyes version)
Using the Mac Mail program go to preferences
general
click the dropdown on "New Mail Sound"
Select "add/remove"
go to where you stored the song, and click open
you may have to drop down and select it again, after you add it to the list, but I am not for sure.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 11, 2007, 04:33:35 pm
Thankya sir.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Undertoad on March 11, 2007, 08:12:54 pm
Ray's different email sounds come from Sublime's "Smoke Two Joints" (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/sublime/smoke+two+joints_20133027.html).

Quote
I smoke two joints in the morning.
I smoke two joints at night.
I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright
I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
And then I smoke two more

Apparently Ray uses different lines from the song for morning, afternoon and night.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Bimmicus on March 11, 2007, 08:55:17 pm
Off-topic addendum to KeiHer's instructions: the new sound has to be saved as an AIFF file and placed in the (user)/Library/Sounds folder. Then it can be selected from Mail preferences.

(I've been setting up gizmos for two freakin' days solid and just cannot seem to exit that mode)
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 11, 2007, 09:42:15 pm
Ray's different email sounds come from (Sublime's Smoke Two Joints)

How do you know it is not the Toyes version?  I mean, they did write it.

Plus, the Toyes version has the line:

"I smoke two Joints when I play video games
and at every ten thousand points"
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2007, 11:21:29 pm
How do you know it is not the Toyes version?  I mean, they did write it.

Plus, the Toyes version has the line:

"I smoke two Joints when I play video games
and at every ten thousand points"

Niiiiiiiice!
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 12, 2007, 02:18:45 am
Off-topic addendum to KeiHer's instructions: the new sound has to be saved as an AIFF file and placed in the (user)/Library/Sounds folder. Then it can be selected from Mail preferences.

(I've been setting up gizmos for two freakin' days solid and just cannot seem to exit that mode)

I don't know what this means, but are you trying to tell me how to save only the part of the song I want to play, because that would be rad.  Otherwise mine just played mp3 files.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 12, 2007, 02:21:57 am
I don't know what this means, but are you trying to tell me how to save only the part of the song I want to play, because that would be rad.  Otherwise mine just played mp3 files.

i think we have to open it in quicktime and cut it out of the song then paste it into a new one and save it as an mp3 of AIFF...
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Golfhaus on March 12, 2007, 03:54:22 am
Apparently Ray uses different lines from the song for morning, afternoon and night.

The question then becomes, did he have Beef do a thing, or does he manually change the e-mail sound every day? Somehow I can totally see Ray looking at his watch and saying, "oh! 12:30!" and running to the computer to change his e-mail sound over.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 12, 2007, 04:03:00 am
i think we have to open it in quicktime and cut it out of the song then paste it into a new one and save it as an mp3 of AIFF...


See, I understand what these words mean, but I don't know what to do.  I got mine to play "Smoke two Joints" by the Toyes very easily, but I don't think I can just get the part about video games until I reinstall garageband or quicktime.  I guess I'll just change it to Roadrunner by the Modern Lovers and be done with it.

I just don't think you need the AIFF file.

At least I didn't.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: AugustWest on March 12, 2007, 04:22:36 am
I guess I'll just change it to Roadrunner by the Modern Lovers and be done with it.

Did I ever tells you about the time I met Jonathon Richman?

It was a few days before I was strip searched in Belgium...
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 12, 2007, 05:02:09 am
Yea, it was a good story.  If I remember correctly it was in Germany and you and your friend were the only people who spoke english.  Maybe.

It was when I told everybody about seeing Jonathon Richman at a club owned by The Starlight Mints, with about twenty people, including Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips.

which was also in the two truths and a lie thread.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: Nabubrush on March 12, 2007, 04:43:24 pm
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: pmcd9 on March 16, 2007, 09:12:37 pm
Did I ever tells you about the time I met Jonathon Richman?

It was a few days before I was strip searched in Belgium...


I don't recall this.  Would you care to reiterate?
Title: Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
Post by: AugustWest on March 16, 2007, 11:32:57 pm
I don't recall this.  Would you care to reiterate?
Here you go. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,940.msg18411.html#msg18411)