Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."  (Read 8552 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 11:21:29 pm »

How do you know it is not the Toyes version?  I mean, they did write it.

Plus, the Toyes version has the line:

"I smoke two Joints when I play video games
and at every ten thousand points"

Niiiiiiiice!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 02:18:45 am »

Off-topic addendum to KeiHer's instructions: the new sound has to be saved as an AIFF file and placed in the (user)/Library/Sounds folder. Then it can be selected from Mail preferences.

(I've been setting up gizmos for two freakin' days solid and just cannot seem to exit that mode)

I don't know what this means, but are you trying to tell me how to save only the part of the song I want to play, because that would be rad.  Otherwise mine just played mp3 files.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 02:21:57 am »

I don't know what this means, but are you trying to tell me how to save only the part of the song I want to play, because that would be rad.  Otherwise mine just played mp3 files.

i think we have to open it in quicktime and cut it out of the song then paste it into a new one and save it as an mp3 of AIFF...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 03:54:22 am »

Apparently Ray uses different lines from the song for morning, afternoon and night.

The question then becomes, did he have Beef do a thing, or does he manually change the e-mail sound every day? Somehow I can totally see Ray looking at his watch and saying, "oh! 12:30!" and running to the computer to change his e-mail sound over.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 04:03:00 am »

i think we have to open it in quicktime and cut it out of the song then paste it into a new one and save it as an mp3 of AIFF...


See, I understand what these words mean, but I don't know what to do.  I got mine to play "Smoke two Joints" by the Toyes very easily, but I don't think I can just get the part about video games until I reinstall garageband or quicktime.  I guess I'll just change it to Roadrunner by the Modern Lovers and be done with it.

I just don't think you need the AIFF file.

At least I didn't.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:03:51 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 04:22:36 am »

I guess I'll just change it to Roadrunner by the Modern Lovers and be done with it.

Did I ever tells you about the time I met Jonathon Richman?

It was a few days before I was strip searched in Belgium...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 05:02:09 am »

Yea, it was a good story.  If I remember correctly it was in Germany and you and your friend were the only people who spoke english.  Maybe.

It was when I told everybody about seeing Jonathon Richman at a club owned by The Starlight Mints, with about twenty people, including Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips.

which was also in the two truths and a lie thread.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 04:43:24 pm »

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 09:12:37 pm »

Did I ever tells you about the time I met Jonathon Richman?

It was a few days before I was strip searched in Belgium...


I don't recall this.  Would you care to reiterate?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 11:32:57 pm »

I don't recall this.  Would you care to reiterate?
Here you go.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up