The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MattFish on March 19, 2007, 02:24:23 am

Title: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: MattFish on March 19, 2007, 02:24:23 am
How does one pronounce Heńs (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03192007) anyway?

Delving a tad far into the realm of customer-service-related gay porn, Onstad delivers his least decision-making decision-making flowchart yet. I suppose everybody must be screwing someone
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 19, 2007, 02:32:40 am
My first thought was that onstad chose Pat in order to fool us into thinking he was reading the forum.
Then I saw the lines: "List of 100 Local Profit-Turning Companies Published ---> THEY MUST BE SCrEWING SOMEONE! ---> HM HOW TO PrOTEST A BALLOON STOrE"
Then I knew the truth. I knew Onstad knew us.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2007, 02:49:54 am
The piggybacker box actually has a snout and curly tail. All is right with the world.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: RMJ12345 on March 19, 2007, 02:50:42 am
I actually think this is the best flow chart. I especially love the NO. YES. NO! YES!!! okay yes.  part and the buying of five videos so no one will notice his porno. I've always wondered how actively gay Pat is - he mainly just complains about other Gay Men. I also wonder how Nice Pete would react to "Hot Busboy Nights."
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Nabubrush on March 19, 2007, 03:28:08 am
the buying of five videos so no one will notice his porno.

Who hasn't done this? Like the clerk is all thinking you picked the porno up by accident and he's getting over by renting it to you.

I like the little Ray filmstrip.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: theinevitable on March 19, 2007, 03:32:32 am
man, it must have sucked to be alive before free and easy porn on the internet.

also: this reminds me of the combinations of things people would buy with condoms when I worked at the supermarket.
which led to my concept... of buying a box of condoms, and a bag of balloons.
AND/OR
asking for a price-check on a box of condoms, then buying balloons instead.

which reminds me of:

pregnant girl in my friend's Bio class: "if you don't have a condom, can you use a plastic bag instead? that seems to me like it would work just as well."
teacher: well... I would say that it looks like it didn't work, now did it?
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Nabubrush on March 19, 2007, 03:48:44 am
man, it must have sucked to be alive before free and easy porn on the internet.

You know how there's that meme of the old geezer talking about the good old days? That old geezer is not always wrong. Sometimes change is not always completely for the better.

Also, new porn sucks.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: linnea on March 19, 2007, 04:41:57 am
Poor Pat. I'm sure that the video clerk doesn't care at all that he's renting Hot Busboy Nights, but Pat's neuroses make the exchange so much funnier.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: AugustWest on March 19, 2007, 04:46:00 am
1.  This is an excellent flowchart.

2.  It better be the last of them.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: RMJ12345 on March 19, 2007, 04:56:12 am
Quote
1.  This is an excellent flowchart.

2.  It better be the last of them.

I don't know, I would kind of like a Todd flowchart. Though that might be too simple. Same with Cornelius. Though it would be wonderful to read (can you imagine the language he'd use) it would be too well ordered. The beauty of these things is in the chaos.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: melack on March 19, 2007, 05:09:48 am
I would like to see the Onstad strip-making flow chart.

Do I want to create new artwork for this strip? --> YES --> NO! ---> No it is!
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 19, 2007, 05:15:30 am
I am a fan of how disappointed Ray is to be turning off the flashlight.

He just loved pretending to be a ghost.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: chuanoplast on March 19, 2007, 05:50:36 am
I would be so disappointed if someone told me to stop being a ghost.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: linnea on March 19, 2007, 05:57:30 am
I can't believe that Ray, for all his bravado, would allow himself to be cowed by Pat. Then again, he has been sort of passive-aggressive in his Pat management in the past, such as the 2000 Flushes Party.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: MattFish on March 19, 2007, 06:17:42 am
nobody is discussing the Heńs, this hurts me.

Seriously what person would consider a jalapeńo stuffed with mustard in any way an emulation of a small cooked bird?

Hen-yays? Henyins? Henonion?
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 19, 2007, 06:21:28 am
He-TILDENS.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: chuanoplast on March 19, 2007, 06:27:38 am
I would say Henyes. Rhymes with Kenyas.


Seriously what person would consider a jalapeńo stuffed with mustard in any way an emulation of a small cooked bird?



The same people who consider a roll of squished wheat gluten or tofu a chicken?
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: MattFish on March 19, 2007, 07:08:17 am
The same people who consider a roll of squished wheat gluten or tofu a chicken?

yeah but like at least a roll of gluten or tofu is a piece of slightly elastic, textured material that has a uniform flavor and will take on some of the flavor of what it is marinated in. A pepper stuffed with mustard is a rubbery, almost obnoxiously spicy sack of pungent goo. I can't even imagine that being pleasurable to eat under any circumstance let alone the guise of a gallus-based delicacy. It would be like spooning vinegared fondue cheese into your mouth in between bites of unflavored gelatin spiked with Unca Cletus' 10,000-Alarm Anus Scorcher.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Doc on March 19, 2007, 09:40:32 am
like spooning vinegared fondue cheese into your mouth in between bites of unflavored gelatin spiked with Unca Cletus' 10,000-Alarm Anus Scorcher.
I am in flavour country.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: V-Adore on March 19, 2007, 11:08:55 am
I'm surprised nobody has commented yet on the delightful granularity of the alt text here. I mean, the film features busboy-on-busboy, busboy-on-waiter, and busboy-on-customer action. That's a separation of kinks that could only be enjoyed by two classes of people, assuming they are really two distinct classes: jaded aficionados of restaurant-focused gay porn, and Pat Reynolds.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: MrCB on March 19, 2007, 12:21:08 pm
It would be like spooning vinegared fondue cheese into your mouth in between bites of unflavored gelatin spiked with Unca Cletus' 10,000-Alarm Anus Scorcher.

Since that alone made me laugh out loud in the middle of my office, for you Sir, a Can.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2007, 01:01:13 pm
Also, new porn sucks.

There is no way that this line is anything other than a basic set-up. Yet nobody is taking the bait.

In my head I'm saying hen-yays. Mainly because I recall the name of the letter itself being pronounced en-yay.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: littlefox on March 19, 2007, 03:18:52 pm
It's kinda unrelated, but I don't want to start a new thread just to link to this guy (http://www.truthandbeautybombs.com/bb/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=225) who made a Phillipe flow-chart.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 19, 2007, 03:24:39 pm
It's kinda unrelated, but I don't want to start a new thread just to link to this guy (http://www.truthandbeautybombs.com/bb/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=225) who made a Phillipe flow-chart.

Sorry friend, that guy copied it from Roast Beef's flow chart: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02282007
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: musososeki on March 19, 2007, 03:47:44 pm
dude it's extremely disrepectful to call christ onstadt by his last name 'onstadt' it's like you know him
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Golfhaus on March 19, 2007, 03:55:06 pm
nobody is discussing the Heńs, this hurts me.

That's because no one has gotten there on the flowchart yet.

Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Nabubrush on March 19, 2007, 07:06:13 pm
I am in flavour country.

It's a big country.

I mean, the film features busboy-on-busboy, busboy-on-waiter, and busboy-on-customer action. That's a separation of kinks that could only be enjoyed by two classes of people, assuming they are really two distinct classes: jaded aficionados of restaurant-focused gay porn, and Pat Reynolds.

Says you - that's a far-reaching statement.

dude it's extremely disrepectful to call christ onstadt by his last name 'onstadt' it's like you know him

I'm not surprised you think it's disrespectful, given you've accepted him as your Messiah. Most of us consider him human.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Drastic Action on March 19, 2007, 07:22:13 pm
That's a lot of extraneous 't's there also.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Nabubrush on March 19, 2007, 07:25:03 pm
And he registered just for that, and his email is in his profile.

Fuck THIS guy! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11052004)
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: pmcd9 on March 19, 2007, 07:27:20 pm
I had jalapenos and mustard today.  Delicious!  I didn't however think it was a chicken.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 19, 2007, 07:28:02 pm
And he registered just for that, and his email is in his profile.

Fuck THIS guy! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11052004)


At least he posted. Unlike member #667 who ruined the 666 count and never did anything.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: RMJ12345 on March 19, 2007, 07:43:00 pm
And #667  also had a weird braggy handle too. "havardgrad"...truly, fuck this guy.

I also thought that the "onstadt" comment was kind of funny and snarky. But the poor spelling would suggest otherwise.

Thanks to Nabubrush for linking to that comic, it's one of my favorites ever.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: rabidambulance on March 20, 2007, 06:31:16 pm
I feel like I have a better understanding of Pat now.  Should I feel dirty now?

Pat is not an easy person to be.  Pat does not enjoy being Pat.  However, Pat does enjoy not enjoying being Pat..  He really likes how difficult it is to lead his life.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: theinevitable on March 20, 2007, 07:27:02 pm
thinking about it, I have had people tell me a similar thing when I referred to how much I love "Cobain." "Dude, do you know him or something? Why the last name thing?"
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 20, 2007, 07:32:47 pm
Well, to be fair to you, if someone said "I love Kurt!" I'd assume Vonnegut, not the Nirvana guy.

Of course, I was the one guy still wavin' the GNR flag through the grunge era so perhaps I'm not the guy to ask. Kurt Vonnegut and Axl Rose are the last two people on Earth interesting enough to want to stalk for non-sexual reasons. Just to see what they're up to and so forth.

Just a coupla Hoosier dudes, too weird to live, too strange to die.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Nabubrush on March 20, 2007, 07:33:44 pm
Well, to be fair to you, if someone said "I love Kurt!" I'd assume Vonnegut, not the Nirvana guy.

Of course, I was the one guy still wavin' the GNR flag through the grunge era so perhaps I'm not the guy to ask. Kurt Vonnegut and Axl Rose are the last two people on Earth interesting enough to want to stalk for non-sexual reasons. Just to see what they're up to and so forth.

Just a coupla Hoosier dudes, too weird to live, too strange to die.

I would have liked to be hanging around when Axl and Buckethead decided it wasn't going to work.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 20, 2007, 07:42:17 pm
I think it went a little bit like:

"Look, if we're gonna talk about this like adults, you're gonna have to take the bucket off."

"Look, if we're gonna talk about this like adults, you're gonna have to get out of the dolphin tank."

"FUCK YOU!"

"FUCK YOU TWICE!"

Door slam!
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Nabubrush on March 20, 2007, 07:52:15 pm
And then Les Claypool was all "a bucket on your head? I've seen stranger things. Hell, I've done stranger things. Get on in here."
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Nabubrush on March 20, 2007, 08:22:10 pm
This is probably as good a place as any to bring up an odd duality that occurred to me the other day. Apologies if this is old news:
(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Nabubrush/devilock.jpg)
Devilock
(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Nabubrush/angelock.jpg)
Angelock
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: V-Adore on March 20, 2007, 11:54:20 pm
Since when is referring to someone by last name only considered overly personal? I mean, I talk about Shakespeare all the time, and it's not like he's ever gotten in his time machine to accuse me of wanting Maximum Cuddles with him, unlike a certain webcomics artist I could name.

I will never forget.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: wombat on March 21, 2007, 12:27:41 am
I don't know which is more unnerving, the idea of Maximum Cuddles with Mr. Shakespeare or with Mr. Onstad.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: side_show on March 21, 2007, 12:40:04 am
thinking about it, I have had people tell me a similar thing when I referred to how much I love "Cobain." "Dude, do you know him or something? Why the last name thing?"

Okay, writer geek moment here:  According the the MLA handbook, which is the standard format for academic writting 'round these parts, after referring to an author, artist, researcher, whoever, buy their full name once in a piece of writing, it is proper format to refer to them by their last name only.  So, really, it's not informal to refer to a person by their last name - it is in fact proper form.  

Back out of that into the porn store stories...  I was going to tell  this story again,  (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1741.msg36136.html#msg36136) but then I remembered I already did, almost exactly two years ago.  Anyway, take a look at my second post down about the standard pattern of porno rental, the three video stack:  movie, movie, porno.  I like to think that Onstad read this and is now riffing on it, but really that's just my ego talking.  I think it's part of man-nature.  You can't just walk up with one porno.  Even if the business is predominantly porno, it's just too brazen for most.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: wombat on March 21, 2007, 12:47:36 am
Okay, writer geek moment here:  According the the MLA handbook, which is the standard format for academic writting 'round these parts, after referring to an author, artist, researcher, whoever, buy their full name once in a piece of writing, it is proper format to refer to them by their last name only.  So, really, it's not informal to refer to a person by their last name - it is in fact proper form. 


But isn't New York Times style to always use the title? 
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: CortJstr on March 21, 2007, 01:04:51 am
But isn't New York Times style to always use the title? 


This is why I have to do a global search and replace before reading anything in the NYT. Their style book is so incredibly stilted and old-fashioned that I just avoid reading them at all.

Based on what I've read rule 1 for all reports is "assume the readers are morons." I remember back during the Napster deal they had 4 stories on various aspects of the case. All 4 took several paragraphs explaining what mp3s are, the difference between uploading and downloading, and how the copies don't degrade like tapes. This left about 1" of column space for actual content. It was maddening.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: side_show on March 21, 2007, 01:10:57 am
But isn't New York Times style to always use the title? 


You get a can for being even more geeky than me.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: Nabubrush on March 21, 2007, 01:37:33 am
I don't know. I never realized there was a specific style-guide for this board. What's wrong with Chicago Manual of Style? Or Strunk & White? AP? Everybody has their own. Should I not be posting until I get the right one?
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: wombat on March 21, 2007, 01:40:44 am
You get a can for being even more geeky than me.

Well dang nice to know it's good for something.
Title: Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
Post by: AugustWest on March 21, 2007, 03:36:59 am
But isn't New York Times style to always use the title? 


I don't know about New York Times style, but the AP Stylebook (as of 1988, alas...) requires that one use the full name and title on first reference and thereafter just the last name.

Damn.  Now I can't find my AP Stylebook...

Also, I don't work for the AP or any of its subscribers, so I'll use the AW Stylebook, thankyewverymuch.