The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: linnea on June 05, 2007, 03:08:01 pm

Title: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 05, 2007, 03:08:01 pm
Whoa. It's my last day already.

WISH ME LUCK in my crazy-ass new endeavor ... I'm going to need all the stones I can get to learn the entrepreneurial stuff. "You should give me money, and here's why."

Plus I have to trim Milan's claws before i go on vacation to Denver. Wish me luck with that, too. I feel so bad when I have to trim his claws. I'm afraid that I am hurting his back when I have to hold him on his back in my lap.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 05, 2007, 03:22:48 pm
Good for you! I love the last day of work. I'm looking forward to mine showing up in about 30 years.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: slink on June 05, 2007, 07:42:43 pm
Good  stuff. Hope you have a great time off in the real world of technology and humans.
I might have to organise me some real work so I can have a last day of it soon...
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: theinevitable on June 05, 2007, 08:14:31 pm
yay Linnea!

My second day of work is today. I have to leave in a bit, actually. I don't understand how 4 hours of preparing food can feel the same as 7 or 8 hours of being a cashier at a supermarket. These things should not feel equivalent.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: jaydub on June 05, 2007, 10:57:28 pm
When you're a cashier there's less chance of cutting your fingers off?
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 06, 2007, 03:05:44 am
I'ma pining away for the cruise we've booked in July so I understand Somebody nice's glee.

I won't worry one whit about the fuck*ng cats, though.

Oh MAN! You booked an Alaska cruise?? I need to take the ferry out here one of these days... that's the poor man's cruise. What ship are you on? Princess? That's so rad. Please take lots of pictures.


EDIT: I have to tell you guys this story.  On my blog and myspace I posted about my asshole neighbors. Well...today I drove home from lunch to find that:

a.) They apparently went hunting somewhere that has deer.
b.) They landed a buck with an impressive rack.
c.) They cut off its head and tied it to the roof of their trailer so that the bald eagles and ravens could pick it clean for them.

Christ, guys, I realize that we live in rural Alaska. But what the fuck, dude? TIED A DEAD ANIMAL HEAD TO THE ROOF OF A TRAILER. Jesus, that's Jeff Foxworthy material right there.

I'm going to go take a picture of it. It's hilarious.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 06, 2007, 03:32:54 am
They do shit like that in Wasilla, darlin'.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: jough on June 06, 2007, 03:38:22 am
Wait, so I guess I missed the fallout.  You're staying in Alaska, but starting some kind of home-based business?

What's the deal, linnosie?
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 06, 2007, 03:49:19 am
joughypantaloons: I'm not staying in Alaska. I'm moving back home...the idea was that my dad was going to make me a partner in his business, but he's being kind of a dick about it. So I will probably just start my own, fail do remarkably well and buy my own jet and a house and a pony. and then go find another shitty CADD job somewhere.

The deer head!!

Nabu: You are absolutely right. I probably should have expected this...it IS rural Alaska and all. :D

(http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1154/532630500_10e6bb8642.jpg)


(http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1355/532726455_e7a3b7a269.jpg)
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2007, 06:06:35 am
That's cool.  I wish I had a deer head on my roof.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 06, 2007, 06:10:23 am
That's cool.  I wish I had a deer head on my roof.

Man, fuck you. I'll box it up and FedEx it (plus my jagoff neighbors) posthaste. Give me your address. I'm sure that it will smell LOVELY in the summer sun of whatever Lower 48 state where you reside.

**EDIT... fuck, we ain't got FedEx up here. DAMMIT. If I put it on the barge it will pretty much be mummified by the time it gets there. sigh.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: jaydub on June 06, 2007, 02:32:59 pm
That must be a pretty big island you're on if there are caribou or elk or whatever that thing is (too big for deer).  Or did it come over on a ferry all tied to the bumper of their scabby SUV?
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2007, 05:35:20 pm
What is that cord leading up to it?  Do they have a stringer of lights on that thing?
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 06, 2007, 06:12:43 pm
That must be a pretty big island you're on if there are caribou or elk or whatever that thing is (too big for deer).  Or did it come over on a ferry all tied to the bumper of their scabby SUV?

The only natural land mammals we have here are foxes. The island is about 110 miles long. There are some wild hosss close by, but at the very end of the island there are a bunch of cattle that were sort of abandoned in place and went feral (you can't get there except by plane or sea). There are caribou on other islands, but not here.

I thought that caribou had rounded horns, and not pointy? I'm not very good at my ungulate identification. Sorry.

What is that cord leading up to it?  Do they have a stringer of lights on that thing?

Also, Paul, that's what they tied to it so that a vulture couldn't just pick up the whole dang thing and fly off with it.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 06, 2007, 07:26:00 pm
They got vultures out there? I had no idea.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Limmo on June 06, 2007, 11:37:29 pm
That kind of thing never happened on Northern Exposure.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 07, 2007, 06:27:00 am
They got vultures out there? I had no idea.

Well...that is what I call the bald eagles. There are like a million out here.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 07, 2007, 08:44:26 pm
Well...that is what I call the bald eagles. There are like a million out here.

Jesus woman, that's the symbol of a proud and free country you got there.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: theinevitable on June 07, 2007, 09:24:57 pm
TIME TO GET BACK TO THE REAL AMERICA.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 07, 2007, 10:37:23 pm
Jesus woman, that's the symbol of a proud and free country you got there.

Someday, Nabu, I will take you there. We will stand at the landfill in the rivers of garbage juice as the eagles and ravens divebomb our heads. I shall point, and you will look yonder...to see Our Nation's Symbol climbing out of a dumpster with detritus in its mouth, and covered from head to toe in green goo.

Then you will agree with me, and will agree that we will call them vultures while standing on that godforsaken rock.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 08, 2007, 08:11:30 pm
Someday, Nabu, I will take you there. We will stand at the landfill in the rivers of garbage juice as the eagles and ravens divebomb our heads. I shall point, and you will look yonder...to see Our Nation's Symbol climbing out of a dumpster with detritus in its mouth, and covered from head to toe in green goo.

Then you will agree with me, and will agree that we will call them vultures while standing on that godforsaken rock.

Oh I been there. The bald eagle is about the worst, most inappropriate creature to be picked as the symbol . . . hmmmm.

Never mind.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: side_show on June 08, 2007, 09:34:58 pm
The beaver people.  The beaver. 
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: side_show on June 09, 2007, 04:13:36 am
I just did a google image search for "ugly beaver"  and this (http://www.rankinblog.com/photos/uncategorized/britneyspearsupskirtpu$$y06.jpg) was image #5 (NSFW).
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: theinevitable on June 09, 2007, 06:32:31 am
I found the picture after an internet search. I would not allow my c*ck to be in the vicinity of that Thing...  or her beaver-monster.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: V-Adore on June 09, 2007, 07:40:42 am
Yeah, I know that "Image Not Available" in gray letters on a white background is a total buzzkill for me too.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: RMJ12345 on June 09, 2007, 10:48:04 am
One time, when my roommate was out of the room, I made Britney Spears' pu$$y her desktop background, then put all the shit she had cluttering up her desktop back up. She didn't notice for two days, but when she did, she was terrified.

This was warranted though - she kept sending me pictures of celebrity pu$$ys, pretending it was a personal picture, and then laughing evilly when I shrieked. I miss her.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 10, 2007, 01:02:12 am
Yeah, I know that "Image Not Available" in gray letters on a white background is a total buzzkill for me too.

That's because the URL is wrong...the board mangles the word V-A-G-I-N-A into pu$$y so you have to change the URL. Basically she has a total Brazilian and it's just a bunch of folds of skin. You can even see her c-section scar.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: KeithHernandez on June 10, 2007, 03:15:29 am
I almost started to do that, but it is way to much work to see something gross.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: theinevitable on June 10, 2007, 05:13:27 am
today was my last day of work until wednesday night. i am leaving for the beach tomorrow.
I wanted to scream "ROAD TRIP!" and just go, but, I am driving there alone. To meet my friend, a kind-of friend, and a complete asshole (who owns the house.)
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 10, 2007, 08:42:14 pm
today was my last day of work until wednesday night. i am leaving for the beach tomorrow.
I wanted to scream "ROAD TRIP!" and just go, but, I am driving there alone. To meet my friend, a kind-of friend, and a complete asshole (who owns the house.)

We've established on this board in the past that you need to fuel your road trip with strong narcotics. I suggest ketamine.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on June 10, 2007, 10:59:32 pm
We've established on this board in the past that you need to fuel your road trip with strong narcotics. I suggest ketamine.

As your attorney, I advise you to drive at top speed -- it'll be a god damned miracle if we can get there before you turn into a wild animal.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: pmcd9 on June 12, 2007, 04:38:53 pm
I just did a google image search for "ugly beaver"  and this (http://www.rankinblog.com/photos/uncategorized/britneyspearsupskirtpu$$y06.jpg) was image #5 (NSFW).

ironically, result #5 under web search is this thread.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: smick on June 13, 2007, 10:12:31 am
I'm picturing some kind of bizzaro alternate universe where pictures are word, and words are pictures.

This google web/image search is an example of these universes bleeding into each other.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: theinevitable on June 14, 2007, 02:36:10 am
yeah, um, there were no drugs. basically we drank a little bit, played poker (I won 4 dollars, net.), etc. It was mostly good, except for the jackassery.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: jaydub on June 14, 2007, 05:14:04 am
Oh I been there. The bald eagle is about the worst, most inappropriate creature to be picked as the symbol . . . hmmmm.

Ben Franklin thought these guys would be a good national symbol for us:
(http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZI29LT0lsQpWjM:http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/wildlife/photolib/wild_turkey.jpg)
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: side_show on June 14, 2007, 01:23:57 pm
You know what?  I'd rather have a national symbol that is undeniably delicious.  I can get behind that.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 14, 2007, 02:04:47 pm
I wish our symbol was the raven. Clever, crafty, and likes shiny things.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: jaydub on June 14, 2007, 04:00:40 pm
I wish our symbol was the raven. Clever, crafty, and likes shiny things.

Black is always appropriate, too.  Plus, such a beautiful singing voice....oh well, I guess they can't all be gems.
Not that the Bald Eagle's voice is all that pretty.  They sure do look fierce though.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: CortJstr on June 14, 2007, 04:08:35 pm
I wish our symbol was the raven. Clever, crafty, and likes shiny things.

No way. I couldn't stand the constant comparisons to writing desks. All the other countries would all be trying to sign their treaties and UN resolutions on our backs. Hell of annoying.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 14, 2007, 04:13:59 pm
The symbol of America should definitely be the sasquatch.

A giant powerful filthy creature, somewhere between gentle ape and devious man, leaving confusingly destructive footprints in his wake without even knowing it... sometimes tending to a wounded bunny rabbit, sometimes murdering a few bears just for kicks... and almost indisputably mythological.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: wombat on June 30, 2007, 05:14:54 pm
Someday, Nabu, I will take you there. We will stand at the landfill in the rivers of garbage juice as the eagles and ravens divebomb our heads. I shall point, and you will look yonder...to see Our Nation's Symbol climbing out of a dumpster with detritus in its mouth, and covered from head to toe in green goo.

Then you will agree with me, and will agree that we will call them vultures while standing on that godforsaken rock.

Somebody nice's eagles on NPR! (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11626226)
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: theinevitable on June 30, 2007, 10:05:02 pm
my goodness, that is exactly what my friend Linnea told me!
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: linnea on July 01, 2007, 10:41:25 pm
HEE!!! You should see it when the salmon are spawning... I wish I had taken a photo last season of the streams. It's insane, the stream is just CHOKED with giraffe. They are flopping over each other and it's just wall-to-wall giraffe through the whole stream. Eagles love to pick them up, like cod entrails from the Unisea dumpster, and drop them on unsuspecting vehicles. Gross.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 01, 2007, 11:06:14 pm
HEE!!! You should see it when the salmon are spawning... I wish I had taken a photo last season of the streams. It's insane, the stream is just CHOKED with giraffe. They are flopping over each other and it's just wall-to-wall giraffe through the whole stream. Eagles love to pick them up, like cod entrails from the Unisea dumpster, and drop them on unsuspecting vehicles. Gross.

My vehicle always suspects something.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 02, 2007, 01:03:48 am
Ben Franklin thought these guys would be a good national symbol for us:
(http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZI29LT0lsQpWjM:http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/wildlife/photolib/wild_turkey.jpg)


Ben Franklin wasn't the only one (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/979187791/).

Took me long enough.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: jaydub on August 02, 2007, 04:17:04 pm
Quote from: pmcd9
Dinsmoor always thought that the turkey would make a much better symbol for our country so both of his flags had turkeys instead of bald eagles.
(http://orangecow.org/pythonet/tripodbug/denni-sm.gif)

Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore,
galloping through the sward,
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore,
and his hoss Concorde.
He steals from the rich,
he gives to the poor,
Mr Moore, Mr Moore, Mr Moore.


Ahem.  Sorry.  I try to keep that from happening too often.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 02, 2007, 04:46:49 pm
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore

My first name is two syllables, and my last name rhymes with Moore.  To date, only one person has ever sung the Dennis Moore song to me using my name.  I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: AugustWest on August 02, 2007, 07:22:30 pm
My first name is two syllables, and my last name rhymes with Moore.  To date, only one person has ever sung the Dennis Moore song to me using my name.  I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.

Perhaps if you took all their lupines...
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: wombat on August 02, 2007, 07:57:29 pm
A long time ago I tried to grow lupines in my garden, just because of that skit. They didn't seem to care for New England weather, unfortunately.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 02, 2007, 08:05:56 pm
Well I certainly wouldn't have predicted this reaction that picture.  Probably because the Dins in Dinsmoor is only one syllable.  Stupid bitch.
Title: Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
Post by: Nabubrush on August 02, 2007, 09:39:27 pm
Lupins do marvelously in Alaska.