Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: laaaaaaast day of work!!!  (Read 11761 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 10:59:32 pm »

We've established on this board in the past that you need to fuel your road trip with strong narcotics. I suggest ketamine.

As your attorney, I advise you to drive at top speed -- it'll be a god damned miracle if we can get there before you turn into a wild animal.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 04:38:53 pm »

I just did a google image search for "ugly beaver"  and this was image #5 (NSFW).

ironically, result #5 under web search is this thread.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 10:12:31 am »

I'm picturing some kind of bizzaro alternate universe where pictures are word, and words are pictures.

This google web/image search is an example of these universes bleeding into each other.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 02:36:10 am »

yeah, um, there were no drugs. basically we drank a little bit, played poker (I won 4 dollars, net.), etc. It was mostly good, except for the jackassery.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 05:14:04 am »

Oh I been there. The bald eagle is about the worst, most inappropriate creature to be picked as the symbol . . . hmmmm.

Ben Franklin thought these guys would be a good national symbol for us:

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 01:23:57 pm »

You know what?  I'd rather have a national symbol that is undeniably delicious.  I can get behind that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 02:04:47 pm »

I wish our symbol was the raven. Clever, crafty, and likes shiny things.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 04:00:40 pm »

I wish our symbol was the raven. Clever, crafty, and likes shiny things.

Black is always appropriate, too.  Plus, such a beautiful singing voice....oh well, I guess they can't all be gems.
Not that the Bald Eagle's voice is all that pretty.  They sure do look fierce though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 04:08:35 pm »

I wish our symbol was the raven. Clever, crafty, and likes shiny things.

No way. I couldn't stand the constant comparisons to writing desks. All the other countries would all be trying to sign their treaties and UN resolutions on our backs. Hell of annoying.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2007, 04:13:59 pm »

The symbol of America should definitely be the sasquatch.

A giant powerful filthy creature, somewhere between gentle ape and devious man, leaving confusingly destructive footprints in his wake without even knowing it... sometimes tending to a wounded bunny rabbit, sometimes murdering a few bears just for kicks... and almost indisputably mythological.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 05:14:54 pm »

Someday, Nabu, I will take you there. We will stand at the landfill in the rivers of garbage juice as the eagles and ravens divebomb our heads. I shall point, and you will look yonder...to see Our Nation's Symbol climbing out of a dumpster with detritus in its mouth, and covered from head to toe in green goo.

Then you will agree with me, and will agree that we will call them vultures while standing on that godforsaken rock.

Somebody nice's eagles on NPR!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2007, 10:05:02 pm »

my goodness, that is exactly what my friend Linnea told me!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2007, 10:41:25 pm »

HEE!!! You should see it when the salmon are spawning... I wish I had taken a photo last season of the streams. It's insane, the stream is just CHOKED with giraffe. They are flopping over each other and it's just wall-to-wall giraffe through the whole stream. Eagles love to pick them up, like cod entrails from the Unisea dumpster, and drop them on unsuspecting vehicles. Gross.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2007, 11:06:14 pm »

HEE!!! You should see it when the salmon are spawning... I wish I had taken a photo last season of the streams. It's insane, the stream is just CHOKED with giraffe. They are flopping over each other and it's just wall-to-wall giraffe through the whole stream. Eagles love to pick them up, like cod entrails from the Unisea dumpster, and drop them on unsuspecting vehicles. Gross.

My vehicle always suspects something.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2007, 01:03:48 am »

Ben Franklin thought these guys would be a good national symbol for us:



Ben Franklin wasn't the only one.

Took me long enough.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up