The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Nabubrush on July 31, 2007, 06:31:23 pm
-
Damn! I didn't know Chuck Berry was a peaedophile, so i did a google and this was the second hit on Google. (http://www.cerius.org/community/index.htm) NOT SAFE FOR WORK! Seriously.
What the fuck?
That's quite a site you located there. I think maybe it should have been:
NOT SAFE FOR WORK!
-
That's quite a site you located there. I think maybe it should have been:
NOT SAFE FOR WORK!
or
NOT SAFE FOR WORK!
Seriously, people.
Do not go there unless you want to be fired!
-
I"m not coughing up a can until I see the picture.
Man. The whole time I was in Alaska I don't think I ever got a shot of a bald eagle. I guess I always figured I could trek out to the landfill any ol' time and see them. I'll have to dig deeper and see if I might have a shot hiding somewhere. Then it will go on Flickr.
-
or
NOT SAFE FOR WORK!
Seriously, people.
Do not go there unless you want to be fired!
JESUS! That is horrible. I hope those evil fucks burn in hell. Quote from the website: "A prohibition against [fuck*ng children] is a prohibition against loooove!" No, it's a prohibition against evil predatory jagoffs who molest kids. This might be an unpopular statement, but people who hurt children deserve to be beaten to death in jail. And don't get me started on the "but they (the children) like it!" bullshit that they posted on that site. Totally disgusting.
-
Thank you to the mod who thought to split this thread. I was too traumatized to think clearly.
(edit: Thanks JL!)
-
Thank you to the mod who thought to split this thread. I was too traumatized to think clearly.
(edit: Thanks JL!)
I'm going to give a qualified thanks, as I opened the main page up and thought "when the fuck did I make a thread about Chuck & NAMBLA?" I was only referring to Chuck's habit of putting secret peep-holes and shit in his buildings. I strongly suspect that some of the folks they added to their list they can't really back up with facts. You are probably pretty much fucked if the child-fuckers put your name on their list. What do you do then? Attract more attention to it through litigation? Many people are going to immediately call you guilty if you're on the list, no matter what.
Maybe the title of the the thread could just be "don't read this thread".
-
I was horrified to see we've already got some fuckwad visitor in the thread. Hey sicko - I hope you die the kind of death worse than anything imagined. I mean, like murder by cheese grater and vinegar. I mean a gradual increase of pressure so that your aware that your organs are burting one by one. I mean, being forced to memorize Cathy comic strips while your teeth, finger and toe bones are extracted one by one.
That being said... is everyone alright with me changing the thread title to something that doesn't attract the most degenerate scum of the earth?
-
Please do.
-
I don't know if Chuck Berry is a pedophile, but he was once incarcerated under the Mann act for transporting a 14 year old girl across state lines. She was later arrested for prostitution. This was 1960 so racism could have played a role. Only Elvis was allowed to have sex with a minor.
-
Yeah, I just searched "Chuck Berry NAMBLA" to see what he actually did, so it might be some one else who was curious about ol' Chuck.
Then again, it is probably a sick fuck.
-
Yeah, I just searched "Chuck Berry NAMBLA" to see what he actually did, so it might be some one else who was curious about ol' Chuck.
Then again, it is probably a sick fuck.
I can only hope that's the case.
-
Man, I feel dirty just looking at that site.
-
I know. At first I was doubtful that what I was seeing was made in earnest, then I was just disgusted. I thought about writing an angry letter, but then I thought better of engaging these people. For fuck sake! I'm not one for death threats, but seriously, there's nothing to say other than that I hope these types die. Just - die.
-
Yeah, they can die, just not Berry or Jerry Lee Lewis.
-
Yeah, they can die, just not Berry or Jerry Lee Lewis.
Or Elvis.
-
I guess I can sign off on only putting unknown child-molestors to death. Well, and Gary Glitter.
-
Yeah, I didn't put a lot of thought into the title of this thread, I guess.
Remember when Stephen Colbert impersonated a representative of NAMBLA? This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMupwUD8vzk) shows a montage of a bunch of NAMBLA references on the show, if you're interested. Skip the lecture about civil liberties at the end, though.
Also, I felt uneasy clicking on that link and rather wish I hadn't. There are lots of sites like that, if you're unfortunate enough to stumble upon them. It reminded me of two other horrible web sites: one for anorexic girls encouraging them to starve themselves more violently, and the now-classic helpmybabylive.com (seriously, don't go there, if you must know, check out the snopes article (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/helpmybabylive.asp).)
Unfortunately, sites like this are the new goatse.cx. At least the disgusting stuff used to be a joke.
-
There's also that official in (some midwest state or maybe back east?) who finishes his press conference by capping himself on film. I really, really wish I'd never seen that.
-
Hey Man, nice Shot. At least we got a pretty good song out of the deal.
-
I'd gladly give the song back along with the viddy.
-
There's also that official in (some midwest state or maybe back east?) who finishes his press conference by capping himself on film. I really, really wish I'd never seen that.
That was Budd Dwyer and it happened in Pennsylvania.
-
Nabu, you are so right.
I'm ashamed to say that I started to check out the video, but your comment gave me pause. I read about it on the Wikipedia article, I don't need to or want to see the video.
-
seems appropriate (sfw) (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=0PBF49021BC-Disgusting_Ted.jpg#50)
-
I love Nick.
-
Wrong president, don't cha know. (http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/elvis/elnix.html)
-
Eisenhower was commander in chief when Elvis was in the army and in the business of deflowering 14 year olds.
-
(Move the scenario forward to Nixon + SeventiesPresley and the whole thing loses its wholesome patriotic sheen)
And gains about 50-70 pounds.
-
Commencing from the image of Elvis in his military uniform, I meticulously researched Presley's bio, and the list of US presidents by date, in order to determine what president might have granted Elvis free reign to deflower underage girls.
I really actually did that.
(Move the scenario forward to Nixon + SeventiesPresley and the whole thing loses its wholesome patriotic sheen)
I'm going to go ahead and back slowly away from you now. Note that I am not making any sudden moves.
-
Actually, Nixon was making Elvis an honorary DEA agent.
-
Actually, Nixon was making Elvis an honorary DEA agent.
Not exactly. El asked to be made a "Federal Agent-at-Large' in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. Nixon basically gave him a tin badge and no commission and left it at that.
This website (http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/nixon-met-elvis/) has a pretty well-done rundown on it. The King did an in depth study of drug abuse and communist brainwashing; I'm not really sure why he wasn't made Drug Czar.
-
Not exactly. El asked to be made a "Federal Agent-at-Large' in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. Nixon basically gave him a tin badge and no commission and left it at that.
Isn't that pretty much exactly what I said? The Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs was a predecessor of the DEA (merged with another agency in 1973 to form the DEA). Honorary = badge and no actual power.
-
Tell the King the Killers Here.
http://www.ronnyelliott.com/mp3/tell_the_king_the_killers_here.MP3
This is a guy I saw at the Woody Guthrie Fest (which, like everybody there, is a better performer than recorder) that hates Elvis and Dick Clark as much as me.
-
Isn't that pretty much exactly what I said? The Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs was a predecessor of the DEA (merged with another agency in 1973 to form the DEA). Honorary = badge and no actual power.
Sorry. For me, as an English major, pretty much != exactly. (Is that how that is done?) Being an English major basically means calling people on things like this. It doesn't matter to other people, and therefore they often say it is a stupid and meaningless thing to complain about, but everyone has things like this in their specialty. You might clear up a small legal distinction that I might think "well, but that's pretty much the same thing". For me, the distinction is so small as to be trivial, but for you the distinction is everything. So when I said "not exactly", it was because what you said was pretty much the case, but not exactly the case, thus giving me the opportunity to link to that clever site that presented exactly what happened. Again, sorry for the pedantry.
I now return you to your talking cats and alive stuffed animals.
-
Sorry. For me, as an English major, pretty much != exactly. (Is that how that is done?) Being an English major basically means calling people on things like this. It doesn't matter to other people, and therefore they often say it is a stupid and meaningless thing to complain about, but everyone has things like this in their specialty. You might clear up a small legal distinction that I might think "well, but that's pretty much the same thing". For me, the distinction is so small as to be trivial, but for you the distinction is everything. So when I said "not exactly", it was because what you said was pretty much the case, but not exactly the case, thus giving me the opportunity to link to that clever site that presented exactly what happened. Again, sorry for the pedantry.
I now return you to your talking cats and alive stuffed animals.
Far be it for me, as an attorney, to fault someone else for being interested in exactitude and willing to argue small details.
However, as a former philosophy major I also am aware of the need for perspective. Yes, what you posted was very slightly more correct than what I did. However, for purposes of an internet message board I'll stand by the detail level of my original statement.
-
Being an English major basically means calling people on things like this.
Oh, now I get it.
I understand precisely why it is I've been loving you so much lately.
I'm an Historian! We're practically sisters!
-
Oh, now I get it.
I understand precisely why it is I've been loving you so much lately.
I'm an Historian! We're practically sisters!
I'd call you on this so hard . . . if it wasn't in many ways very accurate.
-
Do you think there's even a vague chance I don't know that?
Given that it takes me approximately six minutes per word to craft a response to any given post, rest assured that I selected my verbiage quite carefully.
-
Huuuuugs!
-
Oh my god, I can hear your foot-ginas flapping against each other! You two! Get a room! Or shoe closet. Or something.
-
Join ussssssssss . . .
-
Join ussssssssss . . .
Heh! Oooh, seven-kinky!