The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on August 02, 2007, 10:52:27 pm

Title: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: CortJstr on August 02, 2007, 10:52:27 pm
We were all asleep at the switch, because we turned four yesterday and didn't even have cake or anything.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Nabubrush on August 02, 2007, 10:55:19 pm
Well whaddaya know. Drinks all around.

Oddly enough, in the news box it just said that we were three directly after I posted here.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: wombat on August 02, 2007, 10:59:14 pm
Happy birthday us!

Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Nabubrush on August 02, 2007, 11:13:03 pm
Welcome to the party, Wombles!
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: AugustWest on August 02, 2007, 11:27:41 pm
Woot!

That's roughly 1250 posts per annum.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: linnea on August 02, 2007, 11:36:23 pm
Damn! I am expectink more fanfare, here.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: smick on August 02, 2007, 11:59:09 pm
YES!
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: jough on August 03, 2007, 12:02:24 am
Yeah, I guess I was lax in the annual celebration up in this piece.

Happy birthday, board. 
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2007, 12:46:03 am
Well there is (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/birthday.gif), but that's been there since last year.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: side_show on August 03, 2007, 01:50:35 am
I had sushi and a a waffle bowl sundae yesterday.  I knew it was a wonderful day, but I just didn't know why.

It's been wonderful not knowing you party people for all these years.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Gimpson on August 03, 2007, 02:23:47 am
Happy birthday TOUAMB.  There aren't a lot of online haunts that have kept me coming back for four years.  Thanks for being the bunch of crazy bastards you all are. 
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: theinevitable on August 03, 2007, 03:10:23 am
so, I am glad that this board exists, even if I came here "late" relatively. It is a good place (?) to talk (?).
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2007, 03:11:47 am
It's been wonderful not knowing you party people for all these years.

I have met three of you party people and I hope to meet many more.  But even if I never meet you I feel like I know you and I consider everyone of you to be a friend.

Four years, wow, that's a long time to be posting on a message board.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: AugustWest on August 03, 2007, 03:36:59 am
I have met three of you party people and I hope to meet many more.  But even if I never meet you I feel like I know you and I consider everyone of you to be a friend.

Four years, wow, that's a long time to be posting on a message board.

Ha!  I've met four - that's one per year.  I wonder who'll I'll get to meet this year...
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Nabubrush on August 03, 2007, 03:44:43 am
Hmm, I've met a grand total of zero, and I live in close proximity to one. Interesting. Did you guys make a pact?
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: theinevitable on August 03, 2007, 04:17:31 am
I have met zero. My friend Sarah met Hobot, though. And slept in her room (she was visiting Smith). I live within a mile of Q, but he doesn't want to hang out I think. Golfhaus lives pretty close to me, too. Every time I drive by the Quaker Steak and Lube I think of him.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 03, 2007, 04:57:26 am
I haven't been in this house as long as most of you but I will say it is a good house.

The furniture is mostly clean and I am allergic to nothing yet.

I salute this internet house.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Doc on August 03, 2007, 07:58:06 am
I have met no one and will live out my days in lonely isolation, as all those sentenced to transportation must.

I wonder if the board is developing properly? Shouldn't it be having more interactions with similarly aged boards at this time?
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: CortJstr on August 03, 2007, 01:12:53 pm
Ha!  I've met four - that's one per year.  I wonder who'll I'll get to meet this year...

Well DC is just lovely in ... uh ... well about a week in the spring and maybe part of the fall. Otherwise it's humid and buggy or snowy and grey.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Nabubrush on August 03, 2007, 01:39:53 pm
I'm willing to take the bull by the horns and meet Ash.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 03, 2007, 04:16:39 pm
Quote from: Catie del Vaca
Caaaaaaaaaaake!
Yummy cake.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: jough on August 03, 2007, 09:13:06 pm
Yeah, I should host a Chicago Achefest or something.

I'm pretty sure there are least 3-4 of us.  Plus St. Louis ain't far, people.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: theinevitable on August 03, 2007, 09:18:48 pm
hell yes, that means me!

I figured out that there is this cool bus that only costs 50$ round trip. that is awesome, as I have multiple friends at UChicago, too.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2007, 09:19:08 pm
Yeah, I should host a Chicago Achefest or something.

I think you should post a link to your doughnut eating contest.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: linnea on August 03, 2007, 09:26:15 pm
When are you guys gonna be in Chicago?

Cuz... I'm jobless and it would be ridiculously fun to go for a couple of days. I might even have enough airline miles saved up.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Golfhaus on August 03, 2007, 10:34:14 pm
If the timing is right, I would try to convince the wife to let me out for a weekend.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: theinevitable on August 04, 2007, 01:54:43 am
um, just not until mid-september or so, por favor. I am going to have a shit-ton of work this year-- taking a bunch of classes for my major, Arabic (second year is apparently a mega-bitch), plus I have a new and exciting radio station job (I have no idea how much time this will entail-- oops!)-- so it might be best to let myself get into some sort of schedule before I mess around.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Drygioni on August 04, 2007, 11:59:16 pm
Happy Birthday, lovely board.

If anyone has reason to travel to this small island, let me know and I'll take you out for a drink. That's if you're comfortable with meeting a 17 year old at least.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 05, 2007, 12:34:32 am
I know everyone hates me and all, but Id have a drink with anyone passing through the city NYC.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: theinevitable on August 05, 2007, 01:14:52 am
NYC and England-- both places I'd love to go.
But for real, I have a bunch of friends going to school in NYC next year (A-CAP, Sarah Lawrence, some small theater school) and I may be there some day. But, I am only 19, so, not "getting a drink" per se.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Nabubrush on August 05, 2007, 01:35:10 am
I know everyone hates me and all, but Id have a drink with anyone passing through the city NYC.

Shit, man, you got 17 coins, or power-ups, or whatever. You're good.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: AugustWest on August 05, 2007, 02:41:24 am
I like you.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: oball on August 05, 2007, 04:57:41 am
But, I am only 19, so, not "getting a drink" per se.

Come to Australia, where we have a non-retarded legal drinking age!
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2007, 06:07:57 am
Shit, man, you got 17 coins, or power-ups, or whatever. You're good.

He did get beat down pretty hard on his views of teachers.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Doc on August 05, 2007, 07:21:17 am
Come to Australia, where we have a non-retarded legal drinking age!

Hear Hear!

Also: You're an Aussie Oball? Our numbers grow stronger every day.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: smick on August 05, 2007, 08:12:27 pm
Happy Birthday, lovely board.

If anyone has reason to travel to this small island, let me know and I'll take you out for a drink. That's if you're comfortable with meeting a 17 year old at least.

On this side of the world we have whole television shows devoted to meeting 17 year olds from the internet (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BYXh4Ot3LAc).
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: theinevitable on August 05, 2007, 09:00:01 pm
oh my god, I can see this.

"why do you have alcohol?"
"um, Judy said that he wanted some! we were gonna party!"
"You say... Judy? Was that his online name? was he pretending to be a girl?"
"...no! Yes! It was a message board! About... alive stuffed animals!"
*TAZE'D*
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: oball on August 06, 2007, 12:41:19 am
You're an Aussie Oball? Our numbers grow stronger every day.

Yep, I'm from Tasmania.  I see from your profile that you're a banana bender.  Whereabouts in QLD are you?
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: AugustWest on August 06, 2007, 01:46:28 am
Yep, I'm from Tasmania. 

Insert devil joke here.

Blah blah, yakkity smackity.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: oball on August 06, 2007, 03:01:26 am
I guess it's preferable to an incest joke.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Doc on August 06, 2007, 03:48:29 am
I'm in Brissie, which is kind of like being in the most cultured 1 hoss town around but I like it, you?
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: CortJstr on August 06, 2007, 01:29:40 pm
I guess it's preferable to an incest joke.

'round these parts we generally save those for West Virginians.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 06, 2007, 06:53:13 pm
'round these parts we generally save those for West Virginians.

I have been to west Virginia, and everything I saw confirms every rumor I heard.

Actual quote from girl-friend's father: "Well its fixin to get it cold tonight. Best you twos sleep in her bed to keep the warmth in ya"
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: theinevitable on August 06, 2007, 08:02:01 pm
you left out the part where he tells you that if you do anything unseemly, he will chase you out of town with his shotgun.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Doc on August 07, 2007, 10:23:40 am
They don't tell you that, it's assumed you understand their local customs.
And if'n ya don't they learn you pretty quick by god.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: linnea on August 07, 2007, 06:07:12 pm
oh my god, I can see this.

"why do you have alcohol?"
"um, Judy said that he wanted some! we were gonna party!"
"You say... Judy? Was that his online name? was he pretending to be a girl?"
"...no! Yes! It was a message board! About... alive stuffed animals!"
*TAZE'D*

Heh!!! Oh man, plus that would be videotaped for all to see for eternity. Heh. Tiny can.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: melack on August 08, 2007, 05:28:36 am
I like to think this message board is like Onstad's daughter's older brother. You know, her older, more conglomerative, hydra-headed man-beast of a brother.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: MrCB on August 08, 2007, 02:08:04 pm
Her older, more conglomerative, hydra-headed man-beast of a brother.

Can for you Sir, can for you.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 09, 2007, 03:34:00 pm
You know what people from West Virginia do on Halloween, don't you?
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Nabubrush on August 09, 2007, 03:54:07 pm
I'm afraid to ask.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 09, 2007, 03:54:27 pm
You know what people from West Virginia do on Halloween, don't you?

They take showers and wear shoes?
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 09, 2007, 04:29:34 pm
Nope.  They pump kin.
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Nabubrush on August 09, 2007, 05:10:21 pm
Nope.  They pump kin.

Heyyyooooooo!
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: pmcd9 on August 09, 2007, 07:20:00 pm
Nope.  They pump kin.

Not West Virginia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKmAlMIpc0Q)
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: Golfhaus on August 10, 2007, 02:35:47 am
Nope.  They pump kin.

Good night, everybody!
Title: Re: Holy crap we turned 4
Post by: jough on August 18, 2007, 09:52:37 pm
Yeah, so Happy Birthday, message board.  Merry Christmas, movie house.