The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: melack on September 02, 2007, 06:16:00 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09042007
I rather enjoyed this strip despite being the last person in the world to have not read Harry Potter. My only excuse is that I'm an English major who's always had a pile of other books to read. (It's a flimsy excuse, I know.)
Anyways, is this the earliest Onstad has ever put up a new strip? This one's dated for Tuesday despite it currently being Saturday night here on the west coast. That motherfucker is punctual.
-
I havent read harry potter 1. However, the first time through I read "Ron" as "Rod", as in, the gay actor and it made this strip more interesting because I thought harry potter was going to find out what it was like to get his can rocked.
-
I just watched boogie nights for the first time so there is a kind of synergy happening in my head.
-
I haven't read Harry Potter either.
Is Internet cartooning one of those jobs where you really look forward to holidays like Labor Day? I can see him feeling differently about Thanksgiving and Christmas than he would for October 11th or June 25th, but does he really circle Labor Day on the calendar and say, "w00t - three day weekend there!" Seems he could make them ALL 3-day weekends if he wanted to.
Them fuckers DID make too much money.
-
Oh, how can you not love that last panel?
-
Oh, how can you not love that last panel?
I guess because I don't get it.
-
I guess because I don't get it.
Just think of it as an allegory for The Great Gatsby. If you earn too much money, you'll just end up dead in a pool. Gunshot, laptop electrocution... it's all the same.
-
Spot-on mimicry of J.K. Rowlings' inert, sophomoric prose style is what made this one for me.
-
What I enjoyed was... the pointing out of the idea that after the Big Adventures and the Fabulous Prizes, you've gotta go on living and be goddamned careful what you wish for. Taking the large and rather stupid sense of good-vs-evil going on in a Harry Potter book and laying down what happened when the going gets mundane.
Anyone can talk about who and what they'd be when the going gets tough for a limited period of time, y'know?
But who we are when the going gets fuck*ng mundane is what actually defines us because, goddamn it, that's more than the balance of our lives in terms of time and space.
Much of the middle of Neil Young's career was on this topic.
-
I liked it.
Much of the middle of Neil Young's career was on this topic.
Is anyone going to see him when he tours this fall? I probably am.
-
But who we are when the going gets fuck*ng mundane is what actually defines us because, goddamn it, that's more than the balance of our lives in terms of time and space.
That's good, I'm going to use that.
I'll be sure to properly cite.
-
That's good, I'm going to use that.
I'll be sure to properly cite.
What do the style guides have to say about citing internet message boards?
-
What do the style guides have to say about citing internet message boards?
MLA:
Wallace, John D. “Re: 4 September 2007...”. Internet Message Board. 3 Sept. 2007. The Official Unofficial Achewood Message Board.
3 September 2007 <www.touamb.com>.
[author.] [“title or subject line.”] [type of post.] [posting date.] [discussion group.]
[date of access] [<discussion group address>.]
-
I havent read harry potter 1. However, the first time through I read "Ron" as "Rod", as in, the gay actor and it made this strip more interesting because I thought harry potter was going to find out what it was like to get his can rocked.
this is EXACTLY what i thought slash imagined. aaand I held onto that dream for at least three panels...
-
MLA:
Wallace, John D. “Re: 4 September 2007...”. Internet Message Board. 3 Sept. 2007. The Official Unofficial Achewood Message Board.
3 September 2007 <www.touamb.com>.
[author.] [“title or subject line.”] [type of post.] [posting date.] [discussion group.]
[date of access] [<discussion group address>.]
One of the facets of my job as a writing center tutor is to be astute about that kind of stuff. I am duly impressed.
-
I have not read any of the Harry Potter books either, and I'm in no hurry to change that if Téodor's fan fiction is any indication of the actual style of the books. Still, I guess increased interest in books might be good for literacy rates.
Questions:
- Why is Hagrid apparently living with Harry?
- Would an extensive magical education be desirable for a career in investment banking?
- Will someone get shot in the pool by an angry mechanic?
- How does this relate to the American Dream?
-
: Why is Hagrid apparently living with Harry?
Because when you come into Large Bills, all your good-natured oagiraffe friends tend to end up living in your guest house and slowly losing their identities to the idleness your money allows.
The end of a children's novel, the aftermath of it, becomes an analogy to what happens to a person after hollow success too soon in life. All the trappings of plenty and no way too appreciate it because your success has wired you to believe that you should be reaching for something vaguely More.
To have been The Boy That Lived and all that nonsense and then wander off into the sick fuck*ng joke that is Normal Life is to be Axl Rose or Elvis in their later years, man, you're no longer part of reality, your toes are barely in that sea any more and... because of that... you've also lost the things that made you whatever it was that made you magic.
Now you're just another goddamned rich person, sitting around getting stoned and buying cars, hollow and divested from whatever it was that made you genuine by the stultifying ease of your new unreality.
Going through the motions of a life, maybe.
Maybe at best.
Hagrid is a stray surviving member of the Memphis mafia, shambling at the edges of the King's life in the weeks before he inadvertently killed himself by an unfortunate combination of ten million unpronounceable drugs and a particularly big heart-straining shit into a golden toilet.
Hagrid is Kato Kaelin, witnessing an ex-jock viciously murder a moderately-attractive blonde lady... on the one hand, sure, it is awful that someone is dying... but worse, your free ride is probably dicked and dead by this turn of events and the saddest thing of all is that you KNOW how empty you are for feeling that the second thing is the worst part.
Huddling at the coals left over from someone else's great large fire.
There is still heat if you strain yourself but make no mistake, the fuck*ng party's over.
: Would an extensive magical education be desirable for a career in investment banking?
It is more that, like in real life, after a big dramatic story full of sound and fury and so on ends, the big let down is that everyone kinda just sells out and gets jobs that crush their fuck*ng souls and obliterate all the things that they all thought made them special and sincere when they were young.
And of course some of them hit the Large Bills in the midst of giving over their souls or, at least, their ideals to that bland stretch toward oblivion that is a Money-Centred Existence.
Investment banking is both heartless and cruel and yet completely detached in its cruelty. You are playing dice with the lifesavings of farmers and school teachers and whether you ruin them or not (you probably do the most of the time) you just walk out richer and all the more dessicated on the inside.
A parasite with bleached teeth and an immaculately pressed suit, the kind of person that could've never existed when we were all farmers and hunters and maybe a couple of priests at the worst per tribe...
And yet here and now in this world devoid of magic, these moneyhusks run the whole damned show.
The antithesis of magic, these fuck*ng moneychangers and their sweetlies.
: Will someone get shot in the pool by an angry mechanic?
Worse, they'll talk him into letting them pay him off and the whole damned show will roll along for another couple of years... until someone overdoses or the IRS comes down on them or the government nukes the entire town and blames it on the Arabs so they can start a war to end the world entire.
More wasted years between here and the end. Not even a quick death.
The choices they've made call for more punishment than that.
: How does this relate to the American Dream?
Because the American Dream creates these fetid shell people and grinds the bones of everyone else, our bones, into their bread as we chase the Fool's Lie that if we just work hard enough, we can have the big prizes and the fabulous Carribean vacations but... oh... we'll be the first ones in history to not waste it.
But we will never have it and the few who have it will make the same mistakes as ever, choking on the bitter bread that was our hard-working parents bones and, indeed, our own as well.
Which sums up the American Dream.
From a... certain point of view.
-
Crivens.
I'd toss a can in your direction, if that power had been activated yet.
-
I like you Mets. You're my kind of people.
-
Can'd.
-
Excelsior! Canned Excelsior!
The saving grace of the Harry Potter books is that Rowlings has a fairly fertile imagination coupled with a pleasantly raunchy and absurd sense of humor, and she knows how to write a decent preteen-level mystery. Her prose sucks the mighty bigalow, though.
Taking my geek hat off now.
-
Excelsior! Canned Execelsior!
The saving grace of the Harry Potter books is that Rowlings has a fairly fertile imagination coupled with a pleasantly raunchy and absurd sense of humor, and she knows how to write a decent preteen-level mystery. Her prose sucks the mighty bigalow, though.
Taking my geek hat off now.
Man, I tell you what, after reading some other YA fiction, I am much less inclined to knock her writing style. I mean, she's not great, but it sounds natural - as in, she doesn't overuse adverbs too badly, she doesn't tell you directly what characters are thinking all the time, and she doesn't use the exact same word to describe something over and over and over and over again. I'm not trying to make her out to be a great prose writer, but she's not distractingly incompetent, in my view.
Anyway, the book(s) I'm reading now throw her into sharp relief. I'm reading this YA dystopian series (http://scottwesterfeld.com/books/uglies.htm) in which there is no war or poverty or racism or sexism or environmental problems because (spoiler alert) people undergo a mandatory operation in which they are made beautiful, healthy and stupid sheeps. It's an interesting idea, in part because it is less concentrated on portraying the follies of adult society and focuses more on the insecurities that come along with growning up. And the society is well-thought-out and interesting.
But it's terrible writing. The writer uses the exact same word to describe the exact same thing again and again and again. Smiles are cold or razor sharp, again and again and again. Gazes are intense, again and again. A person's nose is hawklike. The similies are not only heavily repeated, they're not particularly original. This does not help the fact that the characters are poorly developed.
A passage:
-
My main impression of Rowlings' authorial style is that she never met an adjective that she didn't love, want to get married to and make cute little adjective babies with.
-
/
But it's terrible writing. The writer uses the exact same word to describe the exact same thing again and again and again. Smiles are cold or razor sharp, again and again and again. Gazes are intense, again and again. A person's nose is hawklike.
I thought this about Homer, too, but apparently it is OK when an old greek guy does it (I am not being facetious or sarcastic, I actually brought this up to my english teacher in 8th grade)
-
I kind of like that Rowling uses the same epithets to describe people. It gives you a sense of recognition before she even names the character. "Greasy curtains of hair framed a sharply hooked nose." "A high, cold voice echoed across the room." "Her bushy hair billowing behind her, she ran down the hall."
I suppose it's more effective in audio form, which is how I "read" the series.
-
"Her bushy hair billowing behind her, she ran down the hall."
This is one characterization of Hermione that doesn't seem to have made it to the big screen. I pictured it something like this
(http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZtjTfwMwDwy4mM:http://www.beauty-and-the-bath.com/image-files/little-girls-long-curly-hair-2.jpg) or maybe like the lady on left(http://www.zilltech.com/gallery/Turkey/Dinner3.jpg)
-
Are those pictures the result of a quick Google image search or did you have them stored away for just such an occasion?
-
Google-fu is my interior art.
(http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:wwp-Sz7UNJG0BM:http://www.irishtaichi.com/Images/yinyang_dragon.gif)
-
One thing that bugged all the way through the HP books was Rowlings' ham-fisted manner of describing her straw-man villain-types. The Dursleys are always "piggish", and we're constantly reminded that Umbridge looks like a toad. Fine, fine, there's a big neon sign over their heads that says "HATE THIS PERSON." We get it, already.
-
today, my friend needed a graphic for something.
she typed into Google Image Search, I shit you not, "amateur night."
I screamed "NOOOOO!" but she had already hit enter.
-
I just did that Google search out of curiosity, and it wasn't so bad as you make it sound. There were some boobs, sure, and a (clothed) elderly woman, and some ladies double penetrating their pu$$ys. But that was all.
-
One thing that bugged all the way through the HP books was Rowlings' ham-fisted manner of describing her straw-man villain-types. The Dursleys are always "piggish", and we're constantly reminded that Umbridge looks like a toad. Fine, fine, there's a big neon sign over their heads that says "HATE THIS PERSON." We get it, already.
QFT. I just didn't notice it as much in the HP series. And I really don't think she was THAT bad with the adjectives.
-
I thought this about Homer, too, but apparently it is OK when an old greek guy does it (I am not being facetious or sarcastic, I actually brought this up to my english teacher in 8th grade)
In the Fagles translations he explains the likely reason that each character repetitive descriptors was to make it easier to memorize and retell the story. The major characters had 2 or 3 and he just used whichever one fit the meter of that particular line.
But swift footed Achilles does get old after a while.
-
today, my friend needed a graphic for something.
she typed into Google Image Search, I shit you not, "amateur night."
I screamed "NOOOOO!" but she had already hit enter.
That is like poetry, dude. The poetry of typing weird shit into Google.
-
One time I discovered -- through the miracle of auto-complete -- that someone had used my computer to Google the phrase, "spider-man boobs."
-
Bringing everything we've been talking about the last few weeks full circle...
Searching this on Deviantart, I found this...
EDIT: Uhm... apparently the board's filters won't let me post this URL, something keeps getting turned into "cock".
Suffice to say, there is someone in the world who gets off on drawing male superheroes as pregnant teenage girls.
http://frontios.deviantart.cock-in-Black-Spider-54725886
EDITX2: B-a-c-k translates to cock? Oh man. Discussing Michael J Fox's career should be interesting from now on.
-
Bringing everything we've been talking about the last few weeks full circle...
Searching this on Deviantart, I found this...
EDIT: Uhm... apparently the board's filters won't let me post this URL, something keeps getting turned into "cock".
Suffice to say, there is someone in the world who gets off on drawing male superheroes as pregnant teenage girls.
http://frontios.deviantart.cock-in-Black-Spider-54725886
EDITX2: B-a-c-k translates to cock? Oh man. Discussing Michael J Fox's career should be interesting from now on.
Something inside me just died when I viewed that deviantart page.
-
Basically, when I say that one of my favourite things in the world to do is to c-h-e-c-k out pornography that in no way interests me sexually but is comically interesting as hell, I am talking about these kinds of things.
People who want to be were-ducks or cyborgs or to fuck ladies who are invisible or... people who want to turn boy superheroes into pregnant ladies, in this example... or want to stretch like silly putty for sexual purposes or just really get off on seeing feet go into food or masturbate to cartoon animals non-sexually eating each other or... you know... go wild.
After Andy Kaufman and MST3K, this is the third funniest thing of all time to me, fetishes that make no logical sense and yet there they are and people are sexualizing the hell out of them.
At least in terms of repeatability of comedy, y'know.
The Book of Revelations is probably THE funniest thing ever written but it gets depressing when you remember that actual people believe it and want it to happen in their lifetimes and so on.
EDIT: I see we will be using a lot of dashes from here on out.
-
Basically, when I say that one of my favourite things in the world to do is to c-h-e-c-k out pornography that in no way interests me sexually but is comically interesting as hell, I am talking about these kinds of things.
....
EDIT: I see we will be using a lot of dashes from here on out.
And risking the pimp hand? We may be on course for getting "the" filtered.
-
I remember, as a youngling on Usenet, hearing third- or fourth-hand about a man who had a fetish for burning loafers.
Then, as now, I've had a very simple question: how does one realize you're into that kind of thing? "Oh, my god, I just dropped my lighter on my foot! My shoe's on -- oh, god, I have THE BIGGEST BONER"
-
Do fetishes exist before you know about them? Maybe we all have some sort of extreme kink that fortune has not yet allowed us to stumble across. Get experimenting people!
-
Fetishes can neither be created nor destroyed, they are merely awesome.
-
I wouldnt be suprised if half the people at A-CAP have this site as their homepage.
NSFW http://www.mukiskitchen.com/home.html (http://www.mukiskitchen.com/home.html)
-
In the Fagles translations he explains the likely reason that each character repetitive descriptors was to make it easier to memorize and retell the story. The major characters had 2 or 3 and he just used whichever one fit the meter of that particular line.
yeah, that was why it was funny that I brought it up to my teacher.
-
Do fetishes exist before you know about them? Maybe we all have some sort of extreme kink that fortune has not yet allowed us to stumble across. Get experimenting people!
I know it's probably not rad to quote Questionable Content on this board, but: <a href="http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=715#>Quantum Fetish Mechanics states that the act of thinking up a fetish causes it to exist.[/url]
QC is lame now, but I read it every day.
-
Damn - that strip has an enormous cast. Although I suppose Achewood does as well - even if most are peripheral.
-
Classic. (http://www.michaelkelly.fsnet.co.uk/karl.htm)
-
I rather like QC. I only discovered it within the past year, so I'm not really sure if I'm an appropriate arbiter to say whether it's gotten totally lame now. I read it periodically.
-
I still read and enjoy it. Some of the angstiness about being single is gone, now that the main guy has a main girl. Still good, though.
-
Questionable Content is one of those strips that is not very good and I don't like it very much but I still read it every day. I do not know why I do this. It took me over a year to finally get around to deleting Superosity and PvP from my bookmarks. Now if I could just get over my lingering interest in the sucktacular creepfest that is Wapsi Square...
-
Questionable Content is one of those strips that is not very good and I don't like it very much but I still read it every day. I do not know why I do this.
QFT.
-
Yeah, it was a difficult decision to make a "nahhh" folder and just dump a bunch of links to it that I had visited purely out of some kind of OCD completionist curiosity, and then ignore the folder. There are better things to do with your time, like going outside, though! It makes the decision much easier to realize that.
-
Bringing everything we've been talking about the last few weeks full circle...
Searching this on Deviantart, I found this...
EDIT: Uhm... apparently the board's filters won't let me post this URL, something keeps getting turned into "cock".
Suffice to say, there is someone in the world who gets off on drawing male superheroes as pregnant teenage girls.
http://frontios.deviantart.cock-in-Black-Spider-54725886
EDITX2: B-a-c-k translates to cock? Oh man. Discussing Michael J Fox's career should be interesting from now on.
Rule 34 of the internet is given thusly: "If it exists, there is porn of it."
-
In theory, nDed, you are completely correct?
But here's the thing...
How does one get to the point where they figure out that their thing is male superheroes transformed into heavily-pregnant teenage girls? This is a very very very specific kind of fetish, especially considering that such a thing is not possible on three or four levels.
A pregnancy fetish? Not my personal thing but... okay... it's relatively common and there are definitely a lot of pregnant ladies running around. If there weren't there wouldn't be people for a whole lot longer.
A fetish for a "magical" sex change that actually allows you to make babies on the other side of the fence as opposed to just filleting your weiner, turning it inside out and getting a tit job? Again, kinda out there, but there are men and ladies all over the place, the fetishizing of crossing one of the few true "binaries" of human life that cannot be crossed makes some sense. Ultimate and complete identity transgression.
A fetish for fit women in skintight clothes energetically fighting crime? Hell, not only is it understandable, but I can basically get behind that one. Not to the point of making it a fetish but hot ladies jumping around in tight clothes is definitely nice.
A fetish for wanting to be older or younger? It's a common desire to wanna be younger when you're old or older when you're young, of course sick fucks are going to take it to the extreme.
Any one of the component parts are basically understandable.
But...
Could this dude (I have to assume it's a dude) have just woken up one day and said:
"Hey, you know what makes me wanna masturbate? Captain America turned into a sixteen year old girl, supremely cartoonishly heavy with child. Oh crap... I'm standing behind a couch... Ray is gonna be so pissed... UNNNNNNNNGH!"
I can see the pieces, I can see the picture...
I can't see how the pieces can possibly fit together to make that picture.
It is fascinating.
-
Questionable Content is one of those strips that is not very good and I don't like it very much but I still read it every day. I do not know why I do this. It took me over a year to finally get around to deleting Superosity and PvP from my bookmarks. Now if I could just get over my lingering interest in the sucktacular creepfest that is Wapsi Square...
That's basically how I was with Overcompensating. I loathed it for so long before I finally quit reading it. Every strip filled me with rage, which was kind of cool for a while, until it wasn't.
-
Oh man, though. PVP is SO bad. So unbelievably bad.
It's like what a guy who writes Mountain Dew ads thinks the internet wants in a comic strip.
There is pandering to an audience and then there is flat-out insulting them.
PVP is the Family Guy of internet comics.
-
I, uh...
...I still read Sluggy Freelance.
-
Actually, now that I think about it, the only webcomics I read with any regularity these days are Achewood, Penny Arcade and Cat and Girl. That's not to say those are the only three I still like. There are plenty others I'd really like to catch up on, but I've missed so many strips that it's just become too intimidating a task.
-
That's basically how I was with Overcompensating. I loathed it for so long before I finally quit reading it. Every strip filled me with rage, which was kind of cool for a while, until it wasn't.
I...I really enjoy Overcompensating.
-
I absolutely loved WIGU, but after a while I just couldn't stand Jeff's whole "renegade anti-blogger" persona that he built up for himself with Overcompensating; him basically ridiculing anything and everything to do with internet and pop culture. The real turning point for me was when he started to criticize the Snakes on a Plane hype in the last few months leading up to the movie's release while still selling Snakes on a Plane shirts. It's like he went on auto-pilot: because of the persona he developed for trashing every internet trend, he had no choice but to mock the Snakes hype that he himself built and refused to take credit for.
-
Jeff Rowland is something of a crank, and if he's not careful he's going to end up a very bitter and unhappy old man.
That said, I love his work and would have his retarded Internet babies.
I don't loathe Questionable Content or anything, but if if I knew anyone like the characters in the strip – that is to say, people who define their outlook by the T-shirts they wear and always need to have some smug-ass remark for every conceivable occasion – I would have no choice but to hurt them badly.
PvP does get the hate, though. I finally stopped reading it when Kurtz ground out four fart jokes in as many weeks. I think I can guess how the rest of it turns out, thanks.
And on that note...
PVP is the Family Guy of internet comics.
I've little doubt that Kurtz would take that as a compliment.
-
I like questionable content and I even read sluggy freelance (It was bad for a long time but its picked up recently in my opinion), overcompensating is alright but I stopped reading pvp ages ago though I still read the recent one once in a while. If you're going to talk about comics that went very bad try freaking GPF. It used to be a pretty funny in a user-friendly kind of way and then it just went so terrible.
-
GPF was always terrible. It just got more terrible as time went on. I'd sooner boil my used underwear for tea than look at that strip again.
-
Looks like I'm a little late to the creepy fetish party (as usual!), but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention body inflation (http://inflationadmirer.deviantart.com/favourites/).
If we're talking about crummy web comics, I wouldn't put it in the same league as stuff like PVP, but xkcd really bugs me. Sorry if you like xkcd. Occasionally there's a good joke, but 95% of it is just overflowing with maudlin sentimentality and pandering to nerd culture -- which, as a nerd, you'd think I'd be into, but it's just so shameless. The web comic equivalent of someone who says "grok" all the time.
-
I read Sluggy until my kid was born. I didn't get online for much of anything for about three months after the blessed event so I dropped off from reading Sluggy then because I realized I didn't miss it.
I also stopped reading Kevin and Kell at that time. I realize now that V-Adore somewhat reminds me of the adopted hedgehog daughter who is an amazingly smart science type of student. She and Coney (the carnivorous baby bunny) were my favorite parts of that strip.
I never read PVP except when it appeared in PC Gamer, but that's more like watching a train wreck. There it was, passing in front of my eyeballs, and I couldn't look away.
Pedro likes XKCD (http://xkcd.com/). I like it sometimes, but most of the time I don't quite get it. (I was typing this as gloomba was posting, I swear we are on some kind of wavelength here.)
-
Sorry if you like xkcd.
Apology accepted. I do know what you mean though, but I think the geekiness of xkcd goes to a level beyond pandering, I think he actually finds that stuff funny which is lucky for me because I do too.
Also I forgot to mention the odd fetish I found the other night. Jeans Sitting (http://www.jeanssitting.com). Women sitting on guys faces in jeans.
Not that creepy or anything but again rather specific and yet strangely innocent compared to many fetishes. Women in jeans are hot, I can get behind that. Women sitting on a guys face, I can see that. But when do you realise it has to be both to really get you off.
-
I just can't get into XKCD. Perhaps this is because I've actually had sex once or twice.
-
I read Overcompensating for about 6 months because I heard so much about it I figured I just came in at a bad time or something (Snakes on a Plane era) but then I realized that it just wasn't entertaining at all.
I do like xkcd though. The Achewood parody was spot-on, and I can't help but think of the hyphen moving strip whenever I hear somebody say something like, "cool ass-car."
What I find particularly entertaining are the hentai movies where there are 2+ women, and one will get just so turned on that she grows a cock and starts fuck*ng the other women. It's just this flesh colored tube with no texture or head or anything but it is available to provide a money shot. I've seen clips of this and it's just so surreal. None of the other "characters" seem to find it odd at all.
"Japan is awesome" is what I'm trying to get across here.
Edit: fuck*ng. fuck*ng. Huh. Looks weird without the asterisk.
-
I don't regularly read that many webcomics aside from Achewood. PBF and Cat and Girl are others, but the former is hardly ever updated and I prefer the latter in large, infrequent doses. I have no idea why I kept reading PVP as long as I did.
I think the weird flesh colored rod cockes in hentai are due to the censorship guidelines in Japan. Why bother to make a convincing cock if it's just going to buried under a mosaic, amirite? This doesn't seem to apply to pu$$ys though.
edit: Heh heh, 'Ye Olde Cockes.'
-
So far, I think the comics that really keep it going are (alphabetically, because that is how I'm reading it off a list) Achewood, PA, Joe & Monkey (seriously, one of the best I've ever read and it updates every day), Something Positive, white ninja, and xkcd. I do read a few others, but they are more hit or miss. PBF is excellent, but updates so seldom I just cock it out every couple months. I'd also add Rob & Elliot as well, but he hardly updates as well.
I definitely see what you mean with xkcd. Closing parenthesis in Lisp? Yeah, we get it! But even the most pandering ones aren't that bad, and it has some pure genius at times.
And I agree, Sluggy was getting kind of monotonous for a while, but it's picked up lately. I don't think I could ever stop reading it, unless all main characters died or something.
-
my friend, who used to write a really hilarious webcomic, keeps talking about Isometric and how brilliant it is. Has anyone ever read it? I didn't find it humorous at all.
-
I realize now that V-Adore somewhat reminds me of the adopted hedgehog daughter who is an amazingly smart science type of student.
This is kind of weird, given that this was also the Gentleman Caller's conclusion when we were both reading Kevin & Kell. (Man, it's been a long time.)
I have this bad habit of just letting webcomics drop off the face of the Earth for me, so the only ones I'm still reading on a regular basis are Dinosaur Comics, xkcd, Penny Arcade, the Narbonic reruns, and Achewood. I should probably fix this, but eh.
-
This is kind of weird, given that this was also the Gentleman Caller's conclusion when we were both reading Kevin & Kell. (Man, it's been a long time.)
That's another one that really needs deletin'. Thanks for the reminder.