The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on December 14, 2007, 08:31:19 pm

Title: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: wombat on December 14, 2007, 08:31:19 pm
Pigs are lovely little guys!

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12142007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12142007)
Title: December 14, 2007: Dr. Mohid Prashad's Celery Wine for Thinkers
Post by: HudsonVC on December 14, 2007, 08:32:04 pm
"Bottom speed: absolute zero!" (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12142007)

It would appear I am literally one minute behind the other post linking to today's comic. Delete at will!
Title: Re: December 14, 2007: Dr. Mohid Prashad's Celery Wine for Thinkers
Post by: wombat on December 14, 2007, 08:33:46 pm
Sorry! Another nice thread title, too.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 14, 2007, 08:36:31 pm
I've always had a thing for the waitresses in the little bowtie.

There's something... hot about ladies dressed in men's formal wear but... I could never exactly figure out why.

Is it that its ever so mildly transgressive or... is it that makes that lady's form a secret that you want to learn or... I dunno.

Somethin' about a hot lady in a tux or such, though.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: CortJstr on December 14, 2007, 08:48:47 pm
I too am a tower guy since way back. Do we get a special menu at any fast food places?
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: V-Adore on December 14, 2007, 10:56:48 pm
Some guys are ass men; some guys are breast men; Philippe is a tower man.

Also, some high-quality Lie Bot facts. Is it wrong that the idea of Andrew Dice Clay changing his name and becoming a social worker is so charming I want it to be true?
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: CortJstr on December 14, 2007, 11:18:29 pm
Does he even still do the Andrew "Dice" Clay character any more?
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 15, 2007, 12:55:49 am
I've always had a thing for the waitresses in the little bowtie.

There's something... hot about ladies dressed in men's formal wear but... I could never exactly figure out why.


The answer is: Jennifer Beals' character in Flashdance.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 15, 2007, 02:02:51 am
Celery Wine for Thinkers.  Fuck yeah!
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: chuanoplast on December 15, 2007, 11:12:18 am
That "Absolute Zero" car is so cool, my atoms stopped moving.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: HudsonVC on December 15, 2007, 05:21:34 pm
There's something... hot about ladies dressed in men's formal wear but... I could never exactly figure out why.

Yeah, me neither. But it is.

An old girlfriend of mine who was of a theatrical bent used to wear my coat, shirt and tie to her job sometimes. I don't recall her telling me beforehand that she was going to do this. It was really provocative.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: jay-ell on December 15, 2007, 05:42:12 pm
One time I fulfilled a mini-fantasy for the guy I was dating by re-enacting the "dress shirt" scene from An American President. 

I guess I sort of look like Annette Benning a little? 

Anyway, it was fun.  Guys are so easy. 
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 15, 2007, 05:49:04 pm
This conversation about repressed sexual desires to see women dressed as boys is kind of disturbing.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: jay-ell on December 15, 2007, 05:49:48 pm
Who's repressed? 
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 15, 2007, 05:51:20 pm
Who's repressed? 

I've always had a thing for the waitresses in the little bowtie.

There's something... hot about ladies dressed in men's formal wear but... I could never exactly figure out why.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: AugustWest on December 15, 2007, 06:25:31 pm
Why don't you two just fuck and get it over with?
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: jay-ell on December 15, 2007, 06:57:37 pm
Post photos! 

Especially if you both wear bowties! 
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: V-Adore on December 15, 2007, 07:08:35 pm
Taking arachnocapitalist's implied point seriously: the intention is not that it's women dressed as boys, it's that it's women dressed as men -- specifically, men in positions of power and authority. The mild power-/gender-play can be a big turnon.

Also, speaking as a woman who enjoys wearing masculine-style formalwear: it just looks hot. You don't have to go any deeper than that.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: linnea on December 15, 2007, 07:35:44 pm
Why don't you two just fuck and get it over with?
QFT.

Post photos! 

Especially if you both wear bowties! 
Hell yeah!

Taking arachnocapitalist's implied point seriously: the intention is not that it's women dressed as boys, it's that it's women dressed as men -- specifically, men in positions of power and authority. The mild power-/gender-play can be a big turnon.

Also, speaking as a woman who enjoys wearing masculine-style formalwear: it just looks hot. You don't have to go any deeper than that.
Well-stated.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 15, 2007, 09:17:02 pm
Pfft, Ennewhy might be flirtin' my way but a dude ain't flirtin' back.

There's something interesting about transgressing boundries, I suppose, is all.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 15, 2007, 10:43:53 pm
Ray's idea for flash-fried (misspelled: flash-tried) cheesecake sounds familiar. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3622.msg90679.html#msg90679)
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: jay-ell on December 15, 2007, 11:13:20 pm
Pfft, Ennewhy might be flirtin' my way but a dude ain't flirtin' back.

There's something interesting about transgressing boundries, I suppose, is all.

Yeah, I know I love to see a straight man in drag. 

Except -- NO!  I don't. 

So what's with guys being kinky that way? 
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 15, 2007, 11:30:02 pm
I don't think it's a woman thing, though, Jayelle, I think it's a you thing.

I know a lot of ladies who have professed getting turned on by a guy in ladies clothes, if he's a certain kind of lean feminine kinda dude.

It wouldn't be my thing, I have no interest in it but... happily, I ain't of the sorta build that girls generally dig seeing in ladies clothes... so I don't have to deal with it.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Doc on December 16, 2007, 12:19:18 am
I think it's less a trans-gendered thing and more the percieved position of power thing. We dudes like powerful women, we all basically want to be someone's bitch.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: jay-ell on December 16, 2007, 01:41:28 am
I think it's less a trans-gendered thing and more the percieved position of power thing. We dudes like powerful women, we all basically want to be someone's bitch.

Powerful = masculine? 

I mean, I understand the power thing, but it seems like a woman can be powerful (and sexy!) in a leather bustier and five-inch heels just as well as in a man's dress shirt and top hat. 

I was going to say more, but...it's really not appropriate for public consumption. 

If only there were some sort of private forum where we could discuss this kind of thing.  Someplace only for trusted members who have been around for a while, long enough to, oh, I don't know, reach 1000 posts.  Some kind of private TOUAMB Xanadu, complete with girls peeling grapes and rivers of champagne.

Alas.  Alack. 
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Doc on December 16, 2007, 02:34:07 am
Not so much powerful = masculine more suit or professional = powerful.
I'd agree with the bustier and heels thing too, I was more putting it forward as why a women in a suit looks sexy but a dude in a frock just creates cognitive dissonance, because the frock does not imply power, the suit does.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: theinevitable on December 16, 2007, 03:36:42 am
hm.

I like it when women wear like a dress, or ##### and a shirt, or maybe a skirt. Ideally, the woman would then take these articles of clothing off, or else allow me to take them off of her.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Doc on December 16, 2007, 04:03:52 am
Inev once again cuts to the heart of the matter. We really care a lot less than you about what you're wearing ladies so long as we get to see you not wearing it once in a while.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 17, 2007, 03:16:14 pm
I've had flickers of this, but it's always been for my lady to wear MY shirt, not just "a man's" shirt.  And I have a hard time believing that this turn-on goes for women dressed ALL THE WAY like a man: "Ooh baby, Gold Toe Fluffies and wingtip oxfords are a great compliment to that alligator belt!  And those pleated trousers are making me blush!  Ooh la LA! etc."  For me, it's the shirt and nothing but the shirt.

In high school, it was normal for a lady to wear her man's varsity jacket.  Maybe a grown-up lady wearing her man's dress shirt, slightly wrinkled from a long day of sitting at a desk, is the next logical step.  It's the modern-day way to show you're taken by an Achiever.
Title: Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
Post by: Ben-San on December 17, 2007, 03:39:34 pm
I frequently like ladies in men's clothing, but I don't think it's a powerful-women thing. I just think that men's clothing (particularly men's formal clothing) is designed to flatter in certain ways that women's clothing rarely is and which suits some women very well. For women with a slightly more androgynous attractiveness, the lines of a men's suit may accentuate their strong points more than the lines of most women's clothing, which is generally designed to accentuate a strongly feminine person's strong points. People are more attractive with clothes that work with their strengths than with clothes that try to cover their perceived weaknesses.