The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on February 05, 2008, 01:59:44 pm

Title: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: CortJstr on February 05, 2008, 01:59:44 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02052008

That's right, there are like 9 classic lines from Beef and Molly but Mr. Bear owns you. I would totally sit under something called a "seasonal happiness lamp" for a spell. Not a while, or a moment, but a spell.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 05, 2008, 03:25:47 pm
In my world, there is nothing more funny and less sexy than complex sexual role-plays.

"Oh, c'mon, honey... lets play Broke Depressed Dracula and Insecure Hooker!"

It basically all sounds that crazy to me... but y'know, if it ducks your quack, go for it, of course. Just know that if I hear about it, I'm gonna laugh.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: Death Ray on February 05, 2008, 03:57:38 pm
In my world, there is nothing more funny and less sexy than complex sexual role-plays.

"Oh, c'mon, honey... lets play Broke Depressed Dracula and Insecure Hooker!"

Um, that dialogue rang a little too close to home, in my instance.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: ryanpeq on February 05, 2008, 04:23:46 pm
I laughed harder at today's Achewood strip than I have in quite some time. 
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: colmore on February 05, 2008, 04:31:20 pm
My apartment in New York is awesome.  Our walls are nice and thick so my roommates and I don't hear each others' sex lives, but the floors are thin so we get to hear the newlyweds downstairs and the young parents upstairs.  As we're all in our mid-20s, it's pretty nice to have near nightly confirmation that the next fifteen years or so of aging doesn't have to be terrible.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: Beatrice on February 05, 2008, 05:29:57 pm
ah, i remember the day i realized that the violent-sounding "fights" i'd heard between the attractive couple above me were quite the opposite.  alas i made things akward by having previously shared my concerns with my roomate ("do you think i should say something?  they're throwing things around!  what if it's abusive?  yeah, it's weird they only fight really late at night.  yeah, he seemed like such a cool dude") first.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: V-Adore on February 05, 2008, 08:02:09 pm
Teodor's facial expressions are also precious. This strip is pure quality.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: mrdna1 on February 05, 2008, 10:27:58 pm
man, if I'd known that those lamps could get you laid I would've bought one ages ago.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: linnea on February 06, 2008, 01:07:27 am
I laughed harder at today's Achewood strip than I have in quite some time. 

Teodor's facial expressions are also precious. This strip is pure quality.

I had no idea that someone could work a S.O. S.A.D. lamp into bizarre sexual roleplaying, but good on Molly and Beef. This is bloody hilarious.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: chuanoplast on February 06, 2008, 02:36:42 am
Today's strip elicited a loud guffaw. Beef's last line totally got me.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: MagFlare on February 06, 2008, 03:22:09 pm
Behold the true face of Dracula! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01262004)

While I'm putting myself in danger of becoming That Guy Who Thinks About a Cartoon Cat's Dick, it occurs to me that this is the first time we've ever heard anything positive about Beef's bozack. Usually we just hear about how his Vas Deferens filled up with blood frequently during his childhood, or how his dong is a vestigial remnant of the true, prehistoric dong. Here we're seeing it actually meeting someone's approval.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: robot_god on February 06, 2008, 09:49:21 pm
Behold the true face of Dracula! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01262004)

Hey, I never noticed before that Beef's deck is a homemade wood board.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: colmore on February 06, 2008, 10:16:36 pm
"I laughed, I cried, I blacked out."
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: wombat on February 06, 2008, 11:49:17 pm
So I get out of the hospital

Wait, did I miss something?
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: AugustWest on February 07, 2008, 03:21:24 am
Wait, did I miss something?

Uh, yeah.  What's this hospital talk?
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: jaydub on February 07, 2008, 04:58:02 am
Ash was getting a mammogram?
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: Doc on February 07, 2008, 09:20:27 am
"Oh, c'mon, honey... lets play Broke Depressed Dracula and Insecure Hooker!"

To be fair, I think only the Dracula and the Hooker bits are role-plays, the rest is just Molly and Beef.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: jaydub on February 08, 2008, 10:13:11 pm
I got to go spend 24 hours at the hospital.
...
Note to Jaydub: I owe you a titty twister with a side of purple nurple, m'man.

Ash was getting a mammogram?

Uh, yeah.  What's this hospital talk?

Wait, did I miss something?

So I get out of the hospital and ...
I was going to feel like a real jackass if you'd been there for your wife or something, but I remembered something you said about New Years' resolutions and figured you were referring to that.  So I felt teh funnay was worth the risk.

Edit:  Found it:
I took the first step on one of this year's resolutions today, I made an appointment with the bone doctor to take pictures of the area that goes clunk in my low neck area when I rotate my shoulders up and backwards and sends shooting pain down both arms and leaves the underside of my forearms numb. I uninformedly predict an old neck injury has finally blown out for good.
Title: Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
Post by: jough on February 15, 2008, 03:36:35 am
The whole idea of lamps that make you happy make me depressed.