Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps  (Read 5898 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:59:44 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02052008

That's right, there are like 9 classic lines from Beef and Molly but Mr. Bear owns you. I would totally sit under something called a "seasonal happiness lamp" for a spell. Not a while, or a moment, but a spell.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:25:47 pm »

In my world, there is nothing more funny and less sexy than complex sexual role-plays.

"Oh, c'mon, honey... lets play Broke Depressed Dracula and Insecure Hooker!"

It basically all sounds that crazy to me... but y'know, if it ducks your quack, go for it, of course. Just know that if I hear about it, I'm gonna laugh.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 03:57:38 pm »

In my world, there is nothing more funny and less sexy than complex sexual role-plays.

"Oh, c'mon, honey... lets play Broke Depressed Dracula and Insecure Hooker!"

Um, that dialogue rang a little too close to home, in my instance.
Logged

ryanpeq

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 04:23:46 pm »

I laughed harder at today's Achewood strip than I have in quite some time. 
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 04:31:20 pm »

My apartment in New York is awesome.  Our walls are nice and thick so my roommates and I don't hear each others' sex lives, but the floors are thin so we get to hear the newlyweds downstairs and the young parents upstairs.  As we're all in our mid-20s, it's pretty nice to have near nightly confirmation that the next fifteen years or so of aging doesn't have to be terrible.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 05:29:57 pm »

ah, i remember the day i realized that the violent-sounding "fights" i'd heard between the attractive couple above me were quite the opposite.  alas i made things akward by having previously shared my concerns with my roomate ("do you think i should say something?  they're throwing things around!  what if it's abusive?  yeah, it's weird they only fight really late at night.  yeah, he seemed like such a cool dude") first.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 08:02:09 pm »

Teodor's facial expressions are also precious. This strip is pure quality.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 10:27:58 pm »

man, if I'd known that those lamps could get you laid I would've bought one ages ago.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 01:07:27 am »

I laughed harder at today's Achewood strip than I have in quite some time. 

Teodor's facial expressions are also precious. This strip is pure quality.

I had no idea that someone could work a S.O. S.A.D. lamp into bizarre sexual roleplaying, but good on Molly and Beef. This is bloody hilarious.
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 02:36:42 am »

Today's strip elicited a loud guffaw. Beef's last line totally got me.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 03:22:09 pm »

Behold the true face of Dracula!

While I'm putting myself in danger of becoming That Guy Who Thinks About a Cartoon Cat's Dick, it occurs to me that this is the first time we've ever heard anything positive about Beef's bozack. Usually we just hear about how his Vas Deferens filled up with blood frequently during his childhood, or how his dong is a vestigial remnant of the true, prehistoric dong. Here we're seeing it actually meeting someone's approval.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:21 pm »

Behold the true face of Dracula!

Hey, I never noticed before that Beef's deck is a homemade wood board.
Logged
ACHIEVE

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 10:16:36 pm »

"I laughed, I cried, I blacked out."
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 11:49:17 pm »

So I get out of the hospital

Wait, did I miss something?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 5, 2008 - Seasonal Happiness Lamps
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 03:21:24 am »

Wait, did I miss something?

Uh, yeah.  What's this hospital talk?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up