The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: lprkn on March 21, 2008, 07:29:12 am

Title: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: lprkn on March 21, 2008, 07:29:12 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03212008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03212008)

I like this one.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: robot_god on March 21, 2008, 08:48:21 am
Helly is yeah.  This strip.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: mrdna1 on March 21, 2008, 08:59:18 am
it reminds me of the surreal and kind of melancholy vibe from the old Mexican Realism/Magreaux/Lonis P. Edison series. too bad it's probably only a one-off.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: colmore on March 21, 2008, 09:03:16 am
If I ever do get west, I'm going to have to look into where Chris gets his shrooms.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 21, 2008, 12:04:19 pm
Tomorrow: Mixed-race chicken.*

Bawk-brawk Obama.




* chicken is already mixed-race as white and dark meat are both present
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 21, 2008, 12:05:47 pm
That is gonna be one sore chicken.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: jay-ell on March 21, 2008, 01:15:36 pm
The alt-text makes this one. 
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: AugustWest on March 21, 2008, 01:45:35 pm
Mmmm... Chock full of disturbingly surreal goodness.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 21, 2008, 02:29:37 pm
ewwwwwwwwww
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 21, 2008, 02:56:00 pm
Yikes McGikes.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Doc on March 21, 2008, 02:58:37 pm
I love when Achewood reminds us that even during surreal nightmare-fantasies we should still be polite. That is why Ray lets the prostitute into his bed even though he really doesn't want to, because it would be rude to shame her in front of her child.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: AugustWest on March 21, 2008, 03:18:58 pm
I love when Achewood reminds us that even during surreal nightmare-fantasies we should still be polite. That is why Ray lets the prostitute into his bed even though he really doesn't want to, because it would be rude to shame her in front of her child.

Exactly.  Which leads one to contemplate the absurdity of social niceties.  Ray doesn't want to do it.  The prostiticken doesn't want to do it.  But they must, because to do otherwise after they've reached this point in the proceedings might result in someone's feelings being hurt.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: AugustWest on March 21, 2008, 03:19:46 pm
Also, make up your own joke about them both having peckers.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: evan on March 21, 2008, 03:24:36 pm
A chickenhead joke might be more appropriate.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: nDed on March 21, 2008, 05:04:38 pm
* chicken is already mixed-race as white and dark meat are both present

Black people have more myoglobin in their muscles than white people?
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: theinevitable on March 21, 2008, 05:05:25 pm
hey, so, an assbar comment reminded me of when Charlie Brown visited and uttered my favorite dream-sequence sentence ever:
"have legs like mine."
Which, of course, Ray complies with.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: smick on March 21, 2008, 05:08:34 pm
I love when Achewood reminds us that even during surreal nightmare-fantasies we should still be polite. That is why Ray lets the prostitute into his bed even though he really doesn't want to, because it would be rude to shame her in front of her child.

No one should be a stranger to a cock, ever.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 21, 2008, 08:19:06 pm
No one should be a stranger to a cock, ever.

Quote from: Some Misguided Board Setting
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 1 hours. 

The "error" is that I can't pile on the tiny cans for that one.  I tip my party hat to you, good sir.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Golfhaus on March 21, 2008, 10:47:29 pm
Wow. Disturbing. But it was all worth it for Smick's summation. Cans don't do the job. I think every 100 posts we should be granted a six-pack to dispense when the situation really calls for it. Exhibit A: two posts up from here.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: chuanoplast on March 21, 2008, 11:41:19 pm
That panel where the little hen is hopping into bed is so distressing.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: colmore on March 21, 2008, 11:52:11 pm
Rereading it, now I can't help but think of Milo's Anxiety Closet.  I don't think the kid could have handled this one.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Lenoxus on March 22, 2008, 01:36:47 am
Repeating something I admittedly also wrote on assbar (i'm still just learning the proper prejudices okay): the expression of the mother chicken in panel 10 reminds me strongly of the main characters in a children's book about aliens on the moon. I'm pretty sure they were birdlike and enjoyed jumping, taking advantage of the low gravity, and possibly attended a "Mooniversity." Google, alas, has been of no help. Is this ringing any bells for anyone?
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: jay-ell on March 22, 2008, 01:43:00 am
Repeating something I admittedly also wrote on assbar (i'm still just learning the proper prejudices okay): the expression of the mother chicken in panel 10 reminds me strongly of the main characters in a children's book about aliens on the moon. I'm pretty sure they were birdlike and enjoyed jumping, taking advantage of the low gravity, and possibly attended a "Mooniversity." Google, alas, has been of no help. Is this ringing any bells for anyone?

Not for me, but if this thread (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4234.0.html) is any indication, someone here will be able to help you out. 
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: lprkn on March 22, 2008, 02:47:31 am
Your little thing about jumping guys on the moon rings a bell. National Geographic came out with a book a few years ago, called Our Universe (http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Picture-Atlas-Universe/dp/079222731X). I don't think it was written for children, per se, but maybe for the young adolescent set. It contained a neat little section on what life on other planets might evolve to look like. I did spend a lot of time reading it as a child, so I think it might qualify.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Doc on March 22, 2008, 02:53:34 am
That description just reminds me of the Oocca from Twilight Princess, which creep me the hell out actually.

I wonder, could there be a realtionship to this (http://britton.disted.camosun.bc.ca/escher/another_world.jpg) Escher painting?
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: nDed on March 22, 2008, 05:29:05 am
That description just reminds me of the Oocca from Twilight Princess, which creep me the hell out actually.

It does not help that their plumage resembles rows of saggy, blue-nippled tits.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Doc on March 22, 2008, 06:31:20 am
It does not help that their plumage resembles rows of saggy, blue-nippled tits.

That was plumage? I figured they just had sagg, blue-nippled tits.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: nDed on March 22, 2008, 07:29:44 am
That was plumage? I figured they just had sagg, blue-nippled tits.

They are either plumage or Ooocoo's got eight sets of wafer thin, blue-nippled tits. I prefer a reality where Nintendo did not subject its customers to crummy-boobed chicken people.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: chuanoplast on March 22, 2008, 10:26:32 am
Nintendo should at least make those Oocoos wear bras.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Golfhaus on March 22, 2008, 01:39:37 pm
Repeating something I admittedly also wrote on assbar (i'm still just learning the proper prejudices okay): the expression of the mother chicken in panel 10 reminds me strongly of the main characters in a children's book about aliens on the moon. I'm pretty sure they were birdlike and enjoyed jumping, taking advantage of the low gravity, and possibly attended a "Mooniversity." Google, alas, has been of no help. Is this ringing any bells for anyone?

It wouldn't happen to be the Matthew Looney series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Looney), would it? The pictures on Wikipedia bear a slight resemblance to Mama Ho Chicken.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 22, 2008, 05:07:58 pm
Black people have more myoglobin in their muscles than white people?

Yes, Jimmy the Greek can tell you more.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: nDed on March 22, 2008, 11:28:46 pm
Yes, Jimmy the Greek can tell you more.

Dude liked big black thighs.
Title: Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
Post by: colmore on March 24, 2008, 04:50:16 pm
Can I jump in here and say that days later, this strip is still creeping me the fuck out?