The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on August 05, 2008, 07:05:37 am

Title: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 05, 2008, 07:05:37 am
It looks like Nice Pete's new pomade and muttonchop combo lasts.

Link. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08052008)
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Doc on August 05, 2008, 07:40:12 am
I know it's basically an achewood cliche by now but two panels of silence and then 'Of course' is still hilarious to me.

The bit with the dog is just icing.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: wombat on August 05, 2008, 12:38:21 pm
I know it's basically an achewood cliche by now but two panels of silence and then 'Of course' is still hilarious to me.

That is not a cliche. It is a motif, a recurring theme, a literary device.

I do not wish for Nice Pete to earn my dog's respect. Please?
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Doc on August 05, 2008, 01:56:25 pm
Alas I think Nice Pete is the type of serial killer that has a natural rapport with animals.

I just noticed that the second fold spells 'Barney' up the top. I like to think this is the dog's name.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: colmore on August 05, 2008, 02:55:20 pm
Is that supposed to be George W. Bush playing with his dog?
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 05, 2008, 03:19:51 pm
Is that supposed to be George W. Bush playing with his dog?

Astute observation. In AcheWorld, President Bush and Barney are on the $2 bill.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on August 05, 2008, 03:58:04 pm
Astute observation. In AcheWorld, President Bush and Barney are on the $2 bill.

I prefer to think it's a real two-dollar bill, and Nice Pete has just found a very clever way of folding it.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2008, 04:03:30 pm
The two panels of silence are Nice Pete doing a slow burn because he is offended that Lyle thinks he wouldn't know about the twin towers money folding thing.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: CortJstr on August 05, 2008, 04:37:11 pm
The two panels of silence are Nice Pete doing a slow burn because he is offended that Lyle thinks he wouldn't know about the twin towers money folding thing.

Exactly. Trying to tell Nice Pete about something like that is like telling Bobby about some new bacon product you've encountered.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 05, 2008, 04:40:28 pm
Exactly. Trying to Tell Nice Pete about something like that is like telling Bobby about some new bacon product you've encountered.

Although your tally will only register one additional "tiny can of dr pepper," the one I just gave you is fourteen feet tall, carved of marble and ornamented with gold leaf.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: jaydub on August 05, 2008, 04:46:21 pm
I think the pauses just signify the effort NP has to go through to communicate with another person.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 05, 2008, 06:06:40 pm
Exactly. Trying to tell Nice Pete about something like that is like telling Bobby about some new bacon product you've encountered.

Don't think I haven't considered Taking all of you after hearing about the latest LOLbacon product for the umpteenth time. Trust me, it's the first and second thing that goes through my mind.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2008, 06:28:35 pm
How dare people think that someone who loves bacon might be interested in hearing about a new bacon related thing. 
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 05, 2008, 06:43:54 pm
How dare people think that someone who loves bacon might be interested in hearing about a new bacon related thing. 

Comedians love jokes. They don't love you telling them jokes they've already heard.

Musicians love music. They don't love people walking up to them and singing, off-key, key parts of their own songs.

Authors love to write. They don't love people suggesting new and interesting things to write, "fanfiction style."

There is literally nothing bacon-related that I am not already aware of, especially in a day and age of increased bacon awareness; in a day and age when Salon devotes an entire week to bacon-related articles. My bacon net has already funnelled in key bacon intelligence into my bacon espionage machine.

The irony of course being that I do not like bacon. The whole point of the original Baco de Mayo was that we had a bunch of bacon left over, because our bacon needs are relatively small. The ludicrous proposition of having all that bacon that we would otherwise not have eaten cooked at once lead to the premise for the party. The entire endeavour is both ironic and satirical.

Now, I am always open to anything involving new and exciting ways to roast or grill lamb.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: wombat on August 05, 2008, 07:18:37 pm
WTF! You don't like bacon? How could anyone not like bacon?

Hey, maybe I could interest you in these jars of Bacon Salt that I've got then - because they don't taste a damned bit like bacon.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: AugustWest on August 05, 2008, 08:00:02 pm
fourteen feet tall

That isn't tiny at all.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2008, 08:22:12 pm
Bobby, none of your examples are apt.

Comedians don't like to hear your lame ass jokes, they write their own, but people who like comedy love to hear about a funny new comedian

Musicians don't want to hear your singing, but people who love music always want to know about a new band.

Authors don't want to read your lame ass fan fiction, but people who love to read are interested in knowing what good books are out.

Hormel probably doesn't need to be told how to cure bacon, but a bacon connoisseur might be interested in learning about bacon related products.

All you are saying in your arrogance is that it's presumptuous of anyone to assume that they can tell you anything about bacon that you don't obviously already know.  

Of course you are wrong, there is always something new to learn.  But I guess this is the problem of irony.  You make a big deal out of something you don't really care that much about and you get upset when sincere people want to share with you.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: jaydub on August 05, 2008, 09:23:39 pm
I was the one that neutered him old school style
You chewed 'em off with your teeth?
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 05, 2008, 09:56:41 pm
Pictures!
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Ben-San on August 05, 2008, 10:13:20 pm
End note: if you neuter a pig in his pen and drop the testicles in there they will eventually find and eat them.

Poor fucker knows they're supposed to be part of his body but his pig brain cannot conceive of any other way to reunite with them.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on August 05, 2008, 10:14:05 pm
Just like Carl the Pig Farmer taught me outside of Lodi one time.

Are you sure Pig Farmer was his profession, and not, say, his street name?
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: jaydub on August 05, 2008, 10:33:01 pm
Do you really want to know?
I had a girlfriend in college who told me about her 4H projects.  The Internet (http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/375251.html) says she wasn't making it up from whole cloth, but the more widely used practice these days has to do with tight rubber bands.

(http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/livestock/beef/facts/07-029f1.gif)
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 05, 2008, 11:58:05 pm
WTF! You don't like bacon? How could anyone not like bacon?

Hey, maybe I could interest you in these jars of Bacon Salt that I've got then - because they don't taste a damned bit like bacon.

I don't like salt, I don't like grease and I don't like overly smoky flavors.

I guess that means your world-famous hot buttered Laphroaig margaritas are lost on me too.

Sorry.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: wombat on August 06, 2008, 12:07:14 am
I guess that means your world-famous hot buttered Laphroaig margaritas are lost on me too.

Oooo.... that is an idea of true evil genius.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 06, 2008, 12:08:42 am
Oooo.... that is an idea of true evil genius.

As repulsive as that idea sounds to me, i know at least twenty people offhand who would probably love it. In the vein of a rauchsbier, but with more free floating fat.

I will try it out and report the results. PLEASE TOUAMB PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME RECIPES FOR MIXED DRINKS WITH SCOTCH AD NAUSEAM THANK YOU
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Choop on August 06, 2008, 08:18:45 am
hey bobby did you hear about that bacon flavored gum

Quote
From: choop@gmail.com To: bobby@bobbyisosceles.com Subject: Scotcharitatini

5 oz part single-malt scotch
juice of 1 lime
juice of 1 lemon
dash bitters
heaping teaspoon sugar
2 oz arrogance
3 drops douchebagginess

(Note: last two ingredients should be in abundant supply in your pantry or back pocket. just check)

Combine, stir, and strain into martini glass
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Choop on August 06, 2008, 08:33:47 am
i mean bacon flavored gum what ever will they think of next



oh my god i just invented bacon-flavored scotch
bobby you're gonna love this i'll email you the recipe
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 06, 2008, 01:04:52 pm
i mean bacon flavored gum what ever will they think of next



oh my god i just invented bacon-flavored scotch
bobby you're gonna love this i'll email you the recipe

already an old meme! i get the latest sizzling hot bacon news delivered to my RSS aggregator

http://www.reddit.com/search?q=bacon&x=0&y=0
http://digg.com/search?section=all&s=bacon&x=0&y=0

srsly do you live in flyover country where people churn their own butter and mail each other links or something
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: AugustWest on August 06, 2008, 01:23:46 pm
Flyover country is where bacon comes from.

Shithead.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 06, 2008, 01:50:04 pm
Flyover country is where bacon comes from.

Shithead.


Not for long. (http://www.econ.iastate.edu/outreach/agriculture/livestock/pork/dollars_and_scents/chapter1/introduction.html)

(http://www.econ.iastate.edu/outreach/agriculture/livestock/pork/dollars_and_scents/chapter1/usmap.gif)

Quote
Breeding herds in these states have declined even further. Iowa's hog inventory in December 1996 was 18 percent smaller than December 1992 and the breeding herd was 26 percent smaller. Across the United States during this same period, the hog inventory declined 3 percent and the breeding herd declined 6 percent. North Carolina doubled their inventory in the last five years.

edit: Fixed Link
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: AugustWest on August 06, 2008, 02:13:27 pm
Ah yes.  Good ol' coastal states like Missouri (+23%), Mississippi (+32%), Colorado (+54%), Arizona (+42%), Wyoming (+134%), Utah (+270%), and Oklahoma (+450%).  But hey, 12 years ago, one Atlantic coast state doubled its hog population. 

Alas.  Now those of us poor unfortunate provincials already denied the social and cultural advantages of living on one of the coasts will also be denied the joys of feasting on pork flesh.  Or at least the benefits of living near a hog farm, slaughterhouse or processing plant.  Some days I just don't know how I manage to keep plodding on.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 06, 2008, 02:38:36 pm
Ah yes.  Good ol' coastal states like Missouri (+23%), Mississippi (+32%), Colorado (+54%), Arizona (+42%), Wyoming (+134%), Utah (+270%), and Oklahoma (+450%).  But hey, 12 years ago, one Atlantic coast state doubled its hog population. 

Alas.  Now those of us poor unfortunate provincials already denied the social and cultural advantages of living on one of the coasts will also be denied the joys of feasting on pork flesh.  Or at least the benefits of living near a hog farm, slaughterhouse or processing plant.  Some days I just don't know how I manage to keep plodding on.


Aren't you in California? You're in the Special Persons Club anyway.

Speaking of North Carolina and the midwest, I had a pulled buffalo sandwich the other day. It was easily the best pulled * sandwich I have ever had in my entire life. Buffalo meat was made for this kind of use. I'd really like to try it with some local buffalo meat; i.e., perhaps North Cacalaca should start looking into some bison herds.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 06, 2008, 03:56:39 pm
So, is the dollar dude petting the dog or choking it in the last panel?
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 06, 2008, 04:02:23 pm
i mean bacon flavored gum what ever will they think of next


Floss. (http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2594)
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 06, 2008, 04:05:12 pm
i mean bacon flavored gum what ever will they think of next

Wallets! (http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Whats-New_1AA/To-Wear_1BA/Item_Bacon-Wallet_AW0412_ps_cti-1BA.html)
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 06, 2008, 04:05:52 pm
i mean bacon flavored gum what ever will they think of next

Canned! (http://www.mredepot.com/servlet/the-364/Yoder%E2%80%99s-Celebrity-Canned-Bacon/Detail)
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 06, 2008, 04:10:48 pm
i mean bacon flavored gum what ever will they think of next


Mints! (http://candyaddict.com/blog/2007/02/27/candy-review-bacon-mints-yes-bacon-mints/)
Chocolate! (http://candyaddict.com/blog/2005/11/03/chocolate-covered-bacon/)
Gummi! (http://candyaddict.com/blog/2006/02/22/gummi-bacon/)
Jellybeans! (http://candyaddict.com/blog/2005/11/26/review-bertie-botts-every-flavor-beans-just-the-gross-ones/)
Toothpicks! (http://www.mcphee.com/items/11723.html)
Cookies! (http://www.baconcity.com/2008/07/02/bacon-breakfast-cookies/)
Tapestries! (http://baconbreath.deluxecode.com/wovenbacon.jpg)
Cereal! (http://www.speakeasy.org/~sjmaks/cereal/)
Women's undergarments! (http://worldofwonder.net/archives/2008/Apr/02/breakfast_nookie.wow)
Lollipops! (http://www.lollyphile.com/maple-bacon.php)
and 50 other things (http://startcooking.com/blog/395/50-Ways-to-Use-Bacon)

Bacon's like chow mein, man. It's just not a big deal.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 06, 2008, 04:20:26 pm
So, is the dollar dude petting the dog or choking it in the last panel?

Or is the dog BITING HIS HANDS?
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: wombat on August 06, 2008, 06:00:54 pm
Tapestries! (http://baconbreath.deluxecode.com/wovenbacon.jpg)


Wow, that is a thing of beauty.

I am pretty sure the guy in the last panel is petting the dog... but the scary part is that we have to ask the question.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Choop on August 07, 2008, 01:28:27 am
oh wow bobby i just heard about this awesome-sounding party called baco da mayo have you heard about it you should go it sounds totally right up your alley
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 07, 2008, 01:50:43 am
oh wow bobby i just heard about this awesome-sounding party called baco da mayo have you heard about it you should go it sounds totally right up your alley

nah, the organizer is a real douchebag and i hear he is a traitor to the bacon cause and secretly despises bacon! he must be burned in effigy in the name of the devout! all hail bacon
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Choop on August 07, 2008, 05:16:54 am
That sounds fairly consistent with my experience of him.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Doc on August 07, 2008, 07:56:52 am
nah, the organizer is a real douchebag and i hear he is a traitor to the bacon cause and secretly despises bacon! he must be burned in effigy in the name of the devout! all hail bacon

I'm going to start experimenting with a recipe for a bacon-based effigy. Updates as they become available.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 07, 2008, 03:33:15 pm
That sounds fairly consistent with my experience of him.

Interesting, considering you weren't invited. :P
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Choop on August 08, 2008, 06:27:48 am
Beerskellar.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 08, 2008, 06:31:43 am
Beerskellar.

I only remember Wombat, CortJstr and Carlos came by later... odd.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: CortJstr on August 08, 2008, 12:40:16 pm
I only remember Wombat, CortJstr and Carlos came by later... odd.

Choop was there. As was Mrs|Choop, right?. Carlos came solo, as he gave me a ride back to the Rosslyn metro. I don't think Technical Staff came to the skellar but now I'm not sure.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 08, 2008, 01:10:15 pm
Choop was there. As was Mrs|Choop, right?. Carlos came solo, as he gave me a ride back to the Rosslyn metro. I don't think Technical Staff came to the skellar but now I'm not sure.

I remember Tech Staff cause he looks like James Cromwell. I remember you were there cause you look a bit like Radar from M*A*S*H. I remember Wombat cause she was talking at length with my then gf. And I remember Carlos cause he was late.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: CortJstr on August 08, 2008, 01:29:19 pm
I remember Tech Staff cause he looks like James Cromwell. I remember you were there cause you look a bit like Radar from M*A*S*H. I remember Wombat cause she was talking at length with my then gf. And I remember Carlos cause he was late.

Dang. JL thought I looked like Spider-Man. In 9th grade I used to get Conan O'Brien, no you say Radar. Given those three choices I'll stick with Spider-Man, thanks.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 08, 2008, 01:34:40 pm
Dang. JL thought I looked like Spider-Man. In 9th grade I used to get Conan O'Brien, no you say Radar. Given those three choices I'll stick with Spider-Man, thanks.

It was the glasses...
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: jaydub on August 08, 2008, 04:40:15 pm
Dang. JL thought I looked like Spider-Man. In 9th grade I used to get Conan O'Brien, no you say Radar. Given those three choices I'll stick with Spider-Man, thanks.
Be happy with your celebrity doppelgangers.  Mine is apparently Booger from Revenge of the Nerds...
(http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:iKfjRdcBYUfcpM:http://www.forbisthemighty.com/acidlogic/graphics/curtis2.jpg)

I don't see it myself, but more than a few people have remarked on the resemblance to me.  Also, the dude (Curtis Armstrong) is 16 years older than me.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: jay-ell on August 08, 2008, 04:57:17 pm
I know that dude from his role on Moonlighting, with my honey, Bruce Willis. 

I still haven't seen Revenge of the Nerds. 
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: jaydub on August 08, 2008, 05:08:29 pm
On closer inspection, I believe that photo is from Better Off Dead, where he plays Charles deMar.
Title: Re: August 5, 2008 - The Borgioloni Family
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 08, 2008, 05:10:33 pm
I know that dude from his role on Moonlighting, with my honey, Bruce Willis. 

I still haven't seen Revenge of the Nerds. 

I just now realized jaydub and jay-ell were separate people and as such am glad that it is not jay-ell that looks like Booger.