The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on August 28, 2008, 12:29:15 am

Title: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 28, 2008, 12:29:15 am
(http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9138/quz0jyigpd49vvcdtlqvflaph5.jpg)

BE WARNED
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Drygioni on August 28, 2008, 12:35:42 am
Fuck me did Fox really do that?

Fuck everything, I'ma start cracking some skulls
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 28, 2008, 12:36:24 am
Yeah, right.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 28, 2008, 12:39:23 am
Fox has lost it. I seriously feel dumber watching that channel. I just can not believe people are watching that "news" and nodding their heads. Well, I believe it, but I really don't want to.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 28, 2008, 12:45:17 am
Fox has lost it. I seriously feel dumber watching that channel. I just can not believe people are watching that "news" and nodding their heads. Well, I believe it, but I really don't want to.

It's fun if you pretend it's satire, like the Colbert Report.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Doc on August 28, 2008, 01:08:07 am
Please tell me it's a shop...

I have to figure the people watching that and not calling bullshit aren't really seeing it as an argument though, they've already made up their minds, they're just looking for reasons to take pot shots at the other team.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 28, 2008, 01:27:26 am
Please tell me it's a shop...
I think it is. Anyone have a source type of dealie?
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 28, 2008, 02:02:51 am
I checked Snopes.com to see if this made the rounds yet, and they have nothing on it.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: pmcd9 on August 28, 2008, 02:45:05 am
That's pretty fuck*ng funny actually.  I mean, if it's a joke.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: CortJstr on August 28, 2008, 05:07:06 pm
My uncle loves to argue with my grandma about politics and called her at 7am the morning of the Biden announcement just to make this joke. I imagine it will get really old really quickly.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 28, 2008, 07:53:17 pm
(http://www.moovealong.org/images/toprightimage1.gif)
moovealong.org
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: theinevitable on August 28, 2008, 09:17:55 pm
I think my apartment is on the verge of a meltdown, because my General-Manager-of-the-Radio-Station roommate scheduled our first meeting of the year during Obama's acceptance speech. And the rest of us are not happy. He basically told us that we need to suck it up and miss the speech. One roommate in particular is SO MAD and won't let it go. OH NOES!
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: jaydub on August 28, 2008, 09:36:33 pm
I'll only be disappointed in your roommates if they also hate NBC for not giving the West Coast audiences live Olympics.  At least Obama's outcome isn't in doubt. Well...just in case....

<<Highlight for spoiler>>


Li estas akcepti la nominacion!
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Golfhaus on August 28, 2008, 10:35:45 pm
I have two coworkers who are absolutely convinced that Obama is secretly a Muslim and a terrorist, and that once he gets sworn in, he will rip off the fake cover of his Bible to reveal that it's a Koran, and sign an Executive Order on the steps of the Capitol pardoning Osama and declaring that America is now in the jihad business, and all of y'alls better start facing Mecca now, bitches, because it's that time of day. Never mind that, the best efforts of the Bush administration to the contrary, one man cannot control this country like that, and that if he had secretly been communing with terrorists, we'd have found out about it by now - even if it required TMZ.com to snuff it out.

It makes me sad that these people's votes count as much as mine.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: jough on August 29, 2008, 12:52:10 am
I'm going to watch Obama's speech tonight because I've never seen anyone assassinated on LIVE TV before.  Should be awesome.

Really, though, his speech had better be great, given the BALLS he has of scheduling it in a football stadium on the 45th anniversary of King's "I Have a Dream" speech.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Golfhaus on August 29, 2008, 01:46:00 am
I'm going to watch Obama's speech tonight because I've never seen anyone assassinated on LIVE TV before.  Should be awesome.

Dammit, Jough, now we're all going to end up on the no-fly list.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 29, 2008, 01:48:08 am
What did that guy say? I didnt see anything, did you see anything? I know of a guy named Jough, but thats the extent of our relationship.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Toaster on August 29, 2008, 01:48:42 am
Dammit, Jough, now we're all going to end up on the no-fly list.


Yeah, and I wanted to go to Australia!
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: AugustWest on August 29, 2008, 01:56:04 am
Prank Call!  Prank Call!
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Doc on August 29, 2008, 02:48:36 am
I'll just sit here content in the fact that your intelligence agencies aren't so sprawling and arrogant to bother themselves with people in sovereign nations.
Oh, gotta go, someone at the door.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 29, 2008, 03:09:42 am
I'm going to watch Obama's speech tonight because I've never seen anyone assassinated on LIVE TV before.  Should be awesome.

Really, though, his speech had better be great, given the BALLS he has of scheduling it in a football stadium on the 45th anniversary of King's "I Have a Dream" speech.


Speech: NAILED. Hit out of the ballpark.

For shits and giggles, afterward we switched from MSNBC (which had Olbermann fangirl-squealing) to Fox News to see what the coverage during the long outro was. It was a musical overlay -- not what was being played at the event, by CNN/MSNBC/NPR feeds -- with menacing minor keys reaching scary crescendos whenever a close up of Obama. I shit you not. So I buy that picture that started this thread.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 29, 2008, 03:39:14 am
All I'm saying is... I prefered Senator Clinton at the start of this dance and...

I'm sold.

I don't know if he can actually do all that stuff but... I'll vote for a guy who'll genuinely try to pull that all off.

All the dude's sayin' is give hope a chance.

And, like, okay. I will.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 29, 2008, 03:41:44 am
All I'm saying is... I prefered Senator Clinton at the start of this dance and...

I'm sold.

I don't know if he can actually do all that stuff but... I'll vote for a guy who'll genuinely try to pull that all off.

All the dude's sayin' is give hope a chance.

And, like, okay. I will.

MAGICAL BLACK MAN (cf. Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle)
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Doc on August 29, 2008, 03:47:27 am
MAGICAL BLACK MAN (cf. Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle)

Anyone telling me that similarity to Don Cheadle is a reason not to vote for someone is a person whose opinion I don't need.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: jough on August 29, 2008, 04:18:23 am
That Obama is one articulate, thoughtful man.  It's going to be weird having a president who can speak well and not say stupid things all the time.  I may even not have to be a little embarrassed to be an American when traveling abroad.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Ben-San on August 29, 2008, 08:01:40 am
For shits and giggles, afterward we switched from MSNBC (which had Olbermann fangirl-squealing) to Fox News to see what the coverage during the long outro was.

You missed a magical moment. They had a panel with Pat Buchanan on it to discuss the speech. When Buchanan's turn came up everyone turned to him to see the inevitable roasting. What they got was a declaration that this was the greatest convention speech he'd ever heard, followed by extensive pointing-out of the bits he found most moving. They had to cut him off for time. All the other panelists had expressions like they'd wandered into Bizarro World.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 29, 2008, 02:28:37 pm
You missed a magical moment. They had a panel with Pat Buchanan on it to discuss the speech. When Buchanan's turn came up everyone turned to him to see the inevitable roasting. What they got was a declaration that this was the greatest convention speech he'd ever heard, followed by extensive pointing-out of the bits he found most moving. They had to cut him off for time. All the other panelists had expressions like they'd wandered into Bizarro World.

Pat...

Buchanan ....

what the ...
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: wombat on August 29, 2008, 05:05:49 pm
Someone's got to find that online and link to it.
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: KeithHernandez on August 29, 2008, 09:32:48 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Fru4dZLGA
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: jaydub on August 29, 2008, 11:26:27 pm
Damn, beat to the punch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Fru4dZLGA
Title: Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
Post by: lprkn on September 03, 2008, 04:32:03 am
Pat Buchanan, just crazy enough. (Although some would say batshit insane)