The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: side_show on November 19, 2009, 02:43:26 pm

Title: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2009, 02:43:26 pm
 Hey everybody, it's Movemeber! (http://www.movember.com/) 

Also fun is this more fundamentalist site. (http://movember.org/).

Unfortunately I heard about this too late to have the SO participate, but I think it would be fun for next year. 

Here's to all the fine, mustachioed men out there.  (Yes, I'm looking at you Paul.)
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: pmcd9 on November 19, 2009, 03:00:14 pm
I can't participate in this because I am not going to shave my moustache.  Also, the month is more than half over already.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: dejavroom on November 19, 2009, 03:04:29 pm
I've been giving some thought to let ol' Wispy out again...
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: CortJstr on November 19, 2009, 03:07:16 pm
Somebody I follow on Twitter calls it Beardvember. I'd be more likely to participate in that. Shaving is so lame. That's how I ended up growing a beard in college.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Choop on November 19, 2009, 05:03:12 pm
yes there will be no shaving of the mustache regions.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 19, 2009, 05:22:03 pm
Somebody I follow on Twitter calls it Beardvember. I'd be more likely to participate in that. Shaving is so lame. That's how I ended up growing a beard in college.

jesus christ these lame ass names

the correct name is NOVEMBEARD

Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jaydub on November 19, 2009, 05:52:53 pm
Mo'vember.  The glottal pause is necessary.  My local radio Morning Show has been participating, and follows up any mention of Mo'vember with "Check your nuts and butts" as a men's health reminder.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Choop on November 19, 2009, 06:00:53 pm
HAHA THAT SOUNDS LIKE A ZANY ZOO CREW TO ME ROFLOL
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jaydub on November 19, 2009, 06:02:10 pm
Pretty much.  They make me smile though.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2009, 06:05:11 pm
Fun name for a lady's genital health program:  No smirkin' -- check your merkin.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 19, 2009, 07:02:08 pm
ive been growing my entire face out since the first week in september.  technically i dont qualify, but i dont even care.  in my mind, the health of my no-no area and my facial hairy-ness have no correlation.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 19, 2009, 08:15:29 pm
Oh god, all you hairy-faced men need to PM me your pictures.  NOW.  I love beards.  Oh my god.  Fingers in beards, FTW.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jay-ell on November 19, 2009, 08:22:59 pm
Oh god, all you hairy-faced men need to PM me your pictures.  NOW.  I love beards.  Oh my god.  Fingers in beards, FTW.

With ya, sistah.

Here's my spouse, rocking out:

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_goe2LNIAP1U/SaQia70KmAI/AAAAAAAACKM/lGnsVEHbaQc/s640/DSC01871.JPG)

Edited for broken link. Damn you, Picasa.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 19, 2009, 08:23:51 pm
With ya, sistah.

Here's my spouse, rocking out:

(http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/m4cedCBxWG-7rRjvFJdlog?feat=directlink)

Red X of death, please fix  :)
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Ben-San on November 19, 2009, 08:50:30 pm
I didn't read the link but if we're posting facial hair pics here you go.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/nov2009-beard.jpg)
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 19, 2009, 09:09:01 pm
Sadly I only possess sideburns and hate taking pictures of myself, as I am self-conscious on the topic of my weight.

I am not really super-fat in any way, I'm just portly but it still bugs the hell out of me.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Ben-San on November 19, 2009, 09:18:34 pm
Sadly I only possess sideburns and hate taking pictures of myself, as I am self-conscious on the topic of my weight.

I am not really super-fat in any way, I'm just portly but it still bugs the hell out of me.

Why do you think I only posted my beard? It's all downhill from there, folks. You're not missing much.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 19, 2009, 09:41:49 pm
Oh, I so picked the right forum to hang out in.  Big guys with beards and dark hair?  My personal preference, by far. 
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 19, 2009, 09:53:59 pm
To be fair, the internet is made of big guys experimenting with different kinds of facial hair.

If that is what you are into, there isn't an incorrect forum for you to be on.

They are all that.

If you were to crack open your computer, you would find a tiny Brian Posehn inside, operating a series of pulleys and switches.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Mr Trout on November 19, 2009, 09:57:24 pm
I really wish I could grow facial hair other than sideburns and some patchy stubble. My father had an awesome full beard for 30 years of his life, yet none of his 5 sons can grow anything respectable. WTF is up with that?
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: JorgeFabregas on November 19, 2009, 10:01:46 pm
How hard have you tried? You may want to try harder.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Ben-San on November 19, 2009, 10:02:03 pm
Oh, I so picked the right forum to hang out in.  Big guys with beards and dark hair?  My personal preference, by far. 

Don't worry. Somewhere out there is a bearded dude who is looking for a crazy-looking owl to hang out with.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Choop on November 19, 2009, 10:14:31 pm
Don't worry. Somewhere out there is a bearded dude who is looking for a crazy-looking owl to hang out with.

perhaps he will be wise old shitashi
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: lprkn on November 20, 2009, 12:03:54 am
I really wish I could grow facial hair other than sideburns and some patchy stubble. My father had an awesome full beard for 30 years of his life, yet none of his 5 sons can grow anything respectable. WTF is up with that?

With you there, man. My Irish and Danish genes do not lend themselves well to significant body hair of any sort, really.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Choop on November 20, 2009, 12:28:45 am
i have the french pattern. with attention and effort i could be a musketeer, but i will never have a viking-like cheeksmane, and it saddens me.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: AugustWest on November 20, 2009, 01:18:07 am
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/3158933990_9cb481e504_o.jpg)

From about a year ago.  That's a winter beard -- there's much less of it (and of me) at the moment.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: oball on November 20, 2009, 01:24:36 am
jesus christ these lame ass names

the correct name is NOVEMBEARD

You must be unhinged.  Why would it be called Novembeard when the whole point is to grow only a moustache?
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: theinevitable on November 20, 2009, 01:46:10 am
I used to have a beard, but lately I don't want one at all.

a few years ago I had a beard like so:
(http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v71/39/80/1401570082/n1401570082_30102524_6752.jpg)

about a year ago I had a mustache for a few weeks, before I chickened out:
(http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v649/102/1/3113515/n3113515_34015784_7825961.jpg)
I had not realized I looked so bleary-eyed when I drank. Hoo boy.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jay-ell on November 20, 2009, 02:49:38 am
Oh, Dan! You are cute with a beard.

Me & Blue, we share proclivities.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Ben-San on November 20, 2009, 02:54:53 am
Something about Inev's stache makes it look kind of 70s to me.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 20, 2009, 03:01:00 am
Yeah, the beard looks fine on you, Danevitable.

The mustache... is somewhere between "mailman" and "on a sex offender list in Montana".
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: theinevitable on November 20, 2009, 03:11:28 am
yeah, i was pretty happy with that beard.
Since then my hair has grown out some, been cut, grown out again, etc. My face has also filled out some, which is nice.
Also my facial hair has started coming in much redder. I don't know what's up with that.

the mustache is not a great thing for the long term. I think this picture was taken before I trimmed it a little more and made it look less... 70s.
It is a cool look, I actually kind of like it, but it made people assume I was one/all of the following:
-a pedophile
-a douchey hipster
-trying to look like a dad or something?
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jay-ell on November 20, 2009, 03:13:28 am
You must be unhinged. 

Bobby? Unhinged?

Naww.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: miles on November 20, 2009, 03:39:30 am
With you there, man. My Irish and Danish genes do not lend themselves well to significant body hair of any sort, really.

Well apparently English and Danish genes do. But I can never get much past the first 3 weeks of not shaving, so I'd trade my beard-having ability for a wee bit less body hair.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 04:05:20 am
(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_goe2LNIAP1U/SaQia70KmAI/AAAAAAAACKM/lGnsVEHbaQc/s640/DSC01871.JPG)

awww!  your little lady is cute like you!

How hard have you tried? You may want to try harder.

if he tries too hard, he'll pop a blood vessel in his eye.  or an o-ring......

(http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v649/102/1/3113515/n3113515_34015784_7825961.jpg)

joseph gordon-levitt, much?
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 04:13:31 am
Oh god, all you hairy-faced men need to PM me your pictures.  NOW.  I love beards.  Oh my god.  Fingers in beards, FTW.

(http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~cgjones/images/stallman.jpg)
BEARDLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Choop on November 20, 2009, 04:26:31 am
you look like my dad from 1977 with that moustache
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 04:31:00 am
Mo'vember.  The glottal pause is necessary.  My local radio Morning Show has been participating, and follows up any mention of Mo'vember with "Check your nuts and butts" as a men's health reminder.

are you implying a triliteral arabic root M-B-R meaning "facial hair" ?
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 04:41:52 am
this is from this past april, i think... :

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/inmyskittelz/vanity/fbeardlil.jpg)

 i shaved it all off shortly thereafter, but now my beard is back and in even full-er effect.  ill post new a new pic soon because my hair is newly shortened.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jay-ell on November 20, 2009, 04:47:25 am
awww!  your little lady is cute like you!

Yes, she is cute EXACTLY like me.

Someday I will get around to posting baby pictures of myself to prove it.

Not only does my son routinely mistake photos of me as a baby for my daughter, so does my mother-in-law. 

It's kind of wonderful, especially after having a boy who looks exactly like his father.
 
(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_goe2LNIAP1U/SLgk4iYMmNI/AAAAAAAABdY/bQylrtF3w20/s512/pearce-13.jpg)
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 20, 2009, 04:53:03 am
Inev, definitely the beard.  Definitely only for irony the mustache.    ;)

AWest; very nice beard!  Distinguished yet jazzy.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 20, 2009, 04:57:26 am

It's kind of wonderful, especially after having a boy who looks exactly like his father

oh my, jay-ell, that's the cutest little boy I've ever seen.  My heart!  What a doll!
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jay-ell on November 20, 2009, 05:15:00 am
oh my, jay-ell, that's the cutest little boy I've ever seen.  My heart!  What a doll!

Aww, shucks.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 05:43:34 am
i hope you dont get a complex from all these compliments, j-l.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: pmcd9 on November 20, 2009, 01:08:46 pm
I'm not sure I have a picture of myself.  :)
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: AugustWest on November 20, 2009, 02:02:45 pm
I'm not sure I have a picture of myself.  :)

Right.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: TedStriker on November 20, 2009, 06:32:47 pm
(http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v66/126/48/8357123/n8357123_37736479_7747.jpg)

Hands down the best photo ever taken of me.  Elsewhere I resemble a dandy-esque stalker.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: pmcd9 on November 20, 2009, 07:06:02 pm
Here's (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2843641310/) an old picture of me with a beard.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jaydub on November 20, 2009, 07:24:16 pm
(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_S0Axzr_za2o/SwbsTZwt9oI/AAAAAAAAAD8/RmYGeC91K-0/n596275146_2220578_7912.jpg)
Pic's almost 10 years old now, but I'm still pretty much the same.  Gray in the beard used to be red.  Got Lasik, so the glasses are history, thank God.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Mr Trout on November 20, 2009, 07:32:15 pm
Here's (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2843641310/) an old picture of me with a beard.

Haha awesome picture. You seem to take as much pleasure in eating sausage as I do. In fact I think I will cook up some chorizo with fried onions for dinner tonight.

Since this has turned into a picture thread I feel the need to take one showing off how little facial hair I'm capable of growing.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 20, 2009, 07:44:03 pm
I do not now nor have I ever had facial hair, so no pictures.  The closest I've ever come was not shaving for two weeks 'round about 1992.  I looked like crap, so that experiment ended.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 20, 2009, 07:45:10 pm
And this, kind people of the internet, is why I should be named Best Newbie of 2009.  Look at all these handsome men with glorious beards, and occasional phallic meat eating, that would not have been here without my exhortations!  (wait, campaign time is over...damn.)
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Choop on November 20, 2009, 07:46:30 pm
guys we better stop i think bluemoon's ##### are about to explode
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Mr Trout on November 21, 2009, 12:35:11 am
In fact I think I will cook up some chorizo with fried onions for dinner tonight.

Dinner is served:
(http://i49.tinypic.com/33lh821.jpg)

Sausage inna bun, w/ spicy brown mustard, red onions, sirracha and jalapeno slices. And a can of Boh of course.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: CortJstr on November 21, 2009, 12:52:09 am
I was with you until the jalepeno slices. But only because those looked pickled and I only like the fresh ones. Oh, and my favorite band's logo is a feminized version of the Natty Boh guy. Their first album was based on the can, as well.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 21, 2009, 12:59:20 am
I have seen a lot of beer in my day, but I have never seen that kind of beer or heard of anyone drinking it. In fact, I think the picture is shooped, or you imported that beer from like 1973 Chicago.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jay-ell on November 21, 2009, 01:05:27 am
I have seen a lot of beer in my day, but I have never seen that kind of beer or heard of anyone drinking it. In fact, I think the picture is shooped, or you imported that beer from like 1973 Chicago.

I hear you only need one eye to see a good beer.

My brother-in-law lives in Baltimore, so I have had the personal pleasure of Natty-Bo.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: CortJstr on November 21, 2009, 03:21:09 am
I have seen a lot of beer in my day, but I have never seen that kind of beer or heard of anyone drinking it. In fact, I think the picture is shooped, or you imported that beer from like 1973 Chicago.

National Bohemiam aka Natty Boh is/was the local cheap-ass beer of choice around Baltimore. Now it's made by PBR. It was originally made by the same people that made Colt 45
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: pmcd9 on November 21, 2009, 04:16:04 am
National Bohemiam aka Natty Boh is/was the local cheap-ass beer of choice around Baltimore. Now it's made by PBR. It was originally made by the same people that made Colt 45

Nothing is pure anymore.  Lone Star was owned by a Canadian company at one time.  I don't know who the hell owns them now.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: dejavroom on November 21, 2009, 01:44:22 pm
A Brazilian company owns Budweiser. The times, etc.

(also, why the fuck didn't I get a picture taken when I had a 'tache? Fuck.)
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: rowboat on November 21, 2009, 10:07:09 pm
(http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v649/102/1/3113515/n3113515_34015784_7825961.jpg)
I also have the brown hair/red beard issue.
(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/rowboat77/riverrob-2.jpg)
It's pretty much the only reason I don't rock a full-on one more often. The longer it gets, the redder it gets. Waiting with bated breath for the gray to come. Then it won't matter. As of now I have two gray strands near my right temple. Two down, nine hundred ninety-eight thousand to go!
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: rowboat on November 21, 2009, 10:12:31 pm
A Brazilian company owns Budweiser. The times, etc.
A Belgian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev) company, actually.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: linnea on November 21, 2009, 10:55:35 pm
I would grow huge, gnarly mutton chops if I were a dude. That would be so awesome.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on November 21, 2009, 11:39:23 pm
I would grow huge, gnarly mutton chops if I were a dude. That would be so awesome.

Grow the hair just above and in front of your ears long, if it isn't already, then hold it in place against your cheeks with spirit gum. This style shall be known as the femutton.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jacques_schitt on November 22, 2009, 12:02:06 am
I also have the brown hair/red beard issue.
(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/rowboat77/riverrob-2.jpg)
It's pretty much the only reason I don't rock a full-on one more often. The longer it gets, the redder it gets. Waiting with bated breath for the gray to come. Then it won't matter. As of now I have two gray strands near my right temple. Two down, nine hundred ninety-eight thousand to go!

What's the problem with a red beard?  My partner has the same angst, and I just don't understand why.

Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: wombat on November 22, 2009, 01:36:04 am
Never mind the beard - what a great photo. That is a Serious Adventurer.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Ben-San on November 22, 2009, 02:29:04 am
Bonus points also for Rowboat including a rowboat in the self-portrait.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: lprkn on November 22, 2009, 02:34:10 am
Never mind the beard - what a great photo. That is a Serious Adventurer.

Not pictured: tribe of angry cannibals with blow darts.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 22, 2009, 03:50:37 am
(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/rowboat77/riverrob-2.jpg)

anyone else notice the irony of the canoe in the background?

Bonus points also for Rowboat including a rowboat in the self-portrait.

yes.  yes, someone did.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jay-ell on November 22, 2009, 04:05:56 am
I am appalled that so many attractive men are wasting their lives here on the internet. The internet is supposed to be for ugly people. All of you are too cute to be here.

Please don't leave me.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: linnea on November 22, 2009, 04:09:09 am
Grow the hair just above and in front of your ears long, if it isn't already, then hold it in place against your cheeks with spirit gum. This style shall be known as the femutton.

The femutton! That gets a tiny can.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 22, 2009, 04:35:34 am
I am appalled that so many attractive men are wasting their lives here on the internet. The internet is supposed to be for ugly people. All of you are too cute to be here.

Please don't leave me.

same could be said for the broads that are up ins.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: rowboat on November 22, 2009, 05:55:32 am
What's the problem with a red beard?
It's like wearing mismatched clothes. It just doesn't look right.

That is a Serious Adventurer.
Some boys wanted to be astronauts when they grew up. I wanted to be Captain Willard.

Bonus points also for Rowboat including a rowboat in the self-portrait.
Believe it or not, it is purely coincidence. It was just the best beard picture at hand. For the record, I'm not a canoe (or rowboat) enthusiast, per se. "Rowboat" is just kind of a riff on my given name.

I am appalled that so many attractive men are wasting their lives here on the internet. The internet is supposed to be for ugly people.
The Internet: Not just for ugly people anymore!

[Though, still for those with random, not-necessarily-crushing-but-still-existent social phobias]
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Ben-San on November 22, 2009, 06:03:34 am
"Rowboat" is just kind of a riff on my given name.

From now on I'll assume your given name is Knut.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jaydub on November 22, 2009, 07:05:21 am
I guess JLs theory explains why we see Pedro so seldom.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: jay-ell on November 22, 2009, 03:33:18 pm
I guess JLs theory explains why we see Pedro so seldom.

Sounds like somebody has a crush!
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Choop on November 22, 2009, 04:37:35 pm
if people know where to look they can see a picture of me with my uneven goatee, my missus, and too much goofy clothing
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: AugustWest on November 22, 2009, 11:49:15 pm
It's like wearing mismatched clothes. It just doesn't look right.

It...It doesn't?  But, I have brown hair and a red (OK, formerly red) beard.  Uh oh.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: rowboat on November 23, 2009, 02:53:45 am
It's like wearing mismatched clothes. It just doesn't look right....
....on me.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: dejavroom on November 23, 2009, 10:22:55 am
A Belgian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev) company, actually.

InBev is the result of a merger with AmBev, which is Brazilian, together, they bought bud.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: TedStriker on November 23, 2009, 02:29:48 pm
My beard isn't exactly ginger, but it ain't quite brown, either.  The longer it gets, the darker it appears, but there's still a lot of red in it.  If anything, the beard gives my sandy brown hair a slight reddish tint by its proximity.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 25, 2009, 04:19:22 am
if people know where to look they can see a picture of me with my uneven goatee, my missus, and too much goofy clothing

Yeah, and they don't even need to look very far, Minotaur.
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 25, 2009, 07:55:59 am
Yeah, and they don't even need to look very far, Minotaur.

the halloween thread, no?
Title: Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
Post by: Choop on November 25, 2009, 04:09:13 pm
there's that, but a little farther away is a costume-free photo of me ON THE INTERWEBS