The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: fanta on October 15, 2010, 02:43:59 pm

Title: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 15, 2010, 02:43:59 pm
HERRO TUMB PEEPS
IS YER FAVRITE FRIEN HER WITH SOME SPCULATAVE SUGGESTION

WHY NUT MAKE SPECIAL FORUM OF TOUMB, SECRET AND RESERVE ONLY FOR THEM WHO SUBSRIBE TO FANFLOWAKATHEPAYSIDEOFASSETBAR....?  HUH?  WHY NUT?

YOU VERIFY SUBSCRIPTION BY E-MAIL TOUAMB MEMBER SECRET PASSWORD WHICH HE (SHE/IT) POST ON FANFLOWED.  THEN YOU KNOW THIS TOUAMBIE MEMBER FOR FREAL SUPPORTER OF ONTRSTARD.

WAY TO INCOURAGE SUPPORTIVE OF ONSTRADS ART  HE WOULD APPRECIATE AND HE MAYBE EVEN COME AND VISIT SOMETIME TO SAY "HERRO TANK YOU FOR GIVE MY BABY UPGRADE TO PREEEEMUM ORGANIC  CAT FUD CANS'

THINK ABOUT IT
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Limmo on October 15, 2010, 11:42:43 pm
Quit fuck*ng around here and write another strip, Chris.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: smick on October 16, 2010, 01:06:02 am
(http://www.ntrautanen.fi/computers/other/images/amstrad_cpc_6128.jpg)
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 16, 2010, 01:13:56 am
in elnglish:

yeah man, like, a separate room of touamb only for people who give onstad money.  yes?  no? 
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: jay-ell on October 16, 2010, 02:04:46 am
No.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 16, 2010, 02:09:30 am
no
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Limmo on October 16, 2010, 04:46:12 am
OK.

Liz: tell your husband to either start posting short strips a few times a week or END IT ALREADY. 

This is just getting perverse.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 16, 2010, 07:19:25 am
y'all are some impatient kinda impatient people
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 17, 2010, 01:09:36 am
I figured it was the kid.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2010, 01:13:55 am
Quite possibly the dog.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: wombat on October 17, 2010, 01:15:38 am
Hmm. You know, dachshunds are one of the breeds that bite the most.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 17, 2010, 01:53:54 am
Hmm. You know, dachshunds are one of the breeds that bite the most.

theyre also easier to punt.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 17, 2010, 02:46:19 am
 yoboyobo_ni  » neu
allright, so I just donated $51 to Chris via the donate link on the front page. What can I say, the silence of fewer strips is a continual deafening reminder of how I haven't really donated much of anything to Chris over the years. If achewood goes down due to lack of funding, I don't want it on my conscience, ya know.

So when you donate, it gives you a phone number for Achewater publishing, so I called and left an encouraging massage for Chris. I assume it's Chris who checks the voice mail for that number, or doesn't, as the case may be. Either way, I did my part.
reply :: Comment rated 0 Chubbies and 0 Lames (marked as spam 0 times)
Rate this Comment: Chubby Lame Mark as Spam *Ignore User* [unread]
Displaying all 1027 comments
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 17, 2010, 02:57:57 am
result: no new strip
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 17, 2010, 11:22:02 am
heh.  We're getting into the realm of psychology here.  I admit that I would certainly prefer that there be a new strip, and I would prefer that it be as great as the old achewood strips, such as Ray getting sort of stoned...  But I think that perhaps many of us, myself included, have a tendency to over-focus on what we would prefer.  I gave Onstad some money.  No biggie.  He does with it what he will.  I've handed random hitch-hikers as much money before.  I give however much money to the government in taxes in one form or another every year..  I buy lots and lots of consumer goods which only seems to enrich corporations at the expense of the little people...  I am a veritable force of evil, providing all these resources to all these evil entities.  If I can give $50 to onstad, it doesn't begin to off-set my contributions to evil in the world, but, it's better than nothing.  Without artists in our life, what do we have?  Walmart.  Disney.  Apple.  Google.  Microsoft.  Pixar.  McDonalds. 
Today I bought a role of thick cotton string at the store.  500 feet.  $2.  I'm going to use it as shoe laces.  That's 500*12/60/2*$3=$150 worth of shoe laces the corporations won't be selling me in this lifetime.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: oball on October 17, 2010, 01:27:23 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WHe5fxS3dA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WHe5fxS3dA)
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 17, 2010, 02:47:12 pm
is not the power, is the system
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 17, 2010, 03:59:41 pm
Look shithead, you're not donating money to a corporation. You're paying salaries for everyone from the cashier to the cotton farmer to the fabricator who cut the fiber and put together the aglets - and in return you get quality shoelaces that you will enjoy. Its called mutually beneficial exchange. READ A BOOK for fuck's sake.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Limmo on October 17, 2010, 04:21:15 pm
the troll should be full by now
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2010, 04:37:11 pm
the troll should be full by now

It is pretty rich pickins around here sometimes.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: robot_god on October 17, 2010, 05:00:25 pm
Yeah, everyone is always like, "this Pixar shit is like, soo good," and I'm always like, "Neva seen it, neva will."  I never even looked at a Shrek movie for one god damn second.  That is Pixar, right?  Who cares.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 17, 2010, 06:09:06 pm
Look shithead, you're not donating money to a corporation. You're paying salaries for everyone from the cashier to the cotton farmer to the fabricator who cut the fiber and put together the aglets - and in return you get quality shoelaces that you will enjoy. Its called mutually beneficial exchange. READ A BOOK for fuck's sake.

dude, if it upsets you this much, how can you be objective about it?  I'm sorry for insulting your religion.  Sheesh!

I have read books.  The books I've read tell me that in these sorts of systems, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.  You are looking at the parts, not the whole.  Economics theory has come a long way since any of us went to high school or college.  Economic dogma, on the other hand, is pretty much the same as it ever was, same as it ever was. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRILLqV0l58)
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: oball on October 17, 2010, 09:08:31 pm
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 17, 2010, 09:26:31 pm
Go read a book?
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 17, 2010, 10:17:06 pm
I don't mind feeding fanta. I need a good wall to yell at once in awhile as stress relief, like punching a pillow.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 17, 2010, 10:42:29 pm
I'm not a troll!  or if I am, it was not intentional.  you shouldn't need to yell however.  it indicates imbalance in your psyche.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 17, 2010, 10:45:48 pm
Dont talk to me about a balanced psyche you lunatic moon man
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: valarking on October 17, 2010, 10:52:25 pm
yoboyobo_ni  » neu
allright, so I just donated $51 to Chris via the donate link on the front page. What can I say, the silence of fewer strips is a continual deafening reminder of how I haven't really donated much of anything to Chris over the years. If achewood goes down due to lack of funding, I don't want it on my conscience, ya know.

So when you donate, it gives you a phone number for Achewater publishing, so I called and left an encouraging massage for Chris. I assume it's Chris who checks the voice mail for that number, or doesn't, as the case may be. Either way, I did my part.
reply :: Comment rated 0 Chubbies and 0 Lames (marked as spam 0 times)
Rate this Comment: Chubby Lame Mark as Spam *Ignore User* [unread]
Displaying all 1027 comments

I want to punch you on the mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: wombat on October 17, 2010, 10:54:16 pm
I like shoelaces. I like those little thingies on the ends that make them work better than plain string. I am OK with giving money to a shoelace company.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: CortJstr on October 17, 2010, 11:42:24 pm
We talk about aglets (http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Atouamb.com+aglet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=site:touamb.com+aglet&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=8ad&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=iv&filter=0&fp=fad0bccbc44b8016) way more than is probably healthy.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: pmcd9 on October 18, 2010, 12:20:52 am
I kinda like that homemade shoelace idea.  Not because it's sticking to the man or whatever, but because it is cheaper and I like saving money.  Frayed end shoelaces might just be the next big thing.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 18, 2010, 12:42:10 am
I wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: fanta on October 18, 2010, 12:45:51 am
man this is a boring conversation I think I am going to quit coming here
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 18, 2010, 01:33:00 am
I think I am going to quit coming here
can
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 18, 2010, 01:37:27 am
man this is a boring conversation I think I am going to quit coming here

dont talk about it
be about it
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: miles on October 18, 2010, 02:05:39 am
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything.

Can'd for Talking Heads reference?
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 18, 2010, 02:37:27 am
I like fanta. Let's see a picture of the string laces.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 18, 2010, 03:17:18 am
I use elastic as shoestrings.  I am better than you all, and don't waste time tying my shoes.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: AugustWest on October 18, 2010, 03:29:52 am
I wear loafers.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Choop on October 18, 2010, 03:47:51 am
TIL you can make your own aglets with scotch tape (self.todayilearned)
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: jay-ell on October 18, 2010, 12:48:36 pm
You can also dip the string ends in clear nail polish, then let dry.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 18, 2010, 03:51:17 pm
Or wear Birkenstocks, but you run the risk of being asked to join a commune.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 18, 2010, 04:21:28 pm
or you could run around with dirty bare feet, like a 3 year old.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: jaydub on October 18, 2010, 05:53:38 pm
I wash myself with a rag on a stick.
When did you become enormously obese?
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 18, 2010, 06:00:56 pm
When did you become enormously obese?

I'm not - I'm big-boned and it's just really convenient.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: jay-ell on October 18, 2010, 06:12:55 pm
heh heh. Nabu's got a big bone.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 18, 2010, 06:31:10 pm
I came up with three different replies, none of which I'm comfortable posting.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: jay-ell on October 18, 2010, 07:50:14 pm
Now I'm not sure whether to *blush,* *faint,* or *weep.*
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 18, 2010, 08:04:32 pm
(http://rlv.zcache.com/dream_big_pug_with_bone_sticker-p217832881505950735tr4z_210.jpg)
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 18, 2010, 11:16:41 pm
CURB YOUR DOG
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 19, 2010, 12:01:25 am
Now I'm not sure whether to *blush,* *faint,* or *weep.*

The weeping, while not unheard of, is a relatively rare occurrence.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: jay-ell on October 19, 2010, 12:02:44 am
*snort*

Can't be THAT big, then.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Death Ray on October 19, 2010, 02:25:23 pm
Quit fuck*ng around here and write another strip, Chris.

Since Chris has gone begging I bit the bullet and bought a month's worth of Achewood Premium.

Color me a little disappointed. I thought Chris was producing more strips than he was making public, but hiding them in the Premium content section. Sadly, it appears that Chris IS only doing one strip a week. Yeah, there's other goodies, but I want the pitchers what got the word bubbles, cod snabbit!

So what is CO doing with his free time (besides rolling around and around in my $2.99?). He better be working on something for Adult Swim or I want my pocket change back!
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Choop on October 19, 2010, 03:52:54 pm
one strip a week? what, is he emailing them to you? seven strips since august began - twelve weeks ago. if dude went to a weekly format, i think we'd all be fine with that.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 19, 2010, 04:17:43 pm
Death Ray, if you're doing either of the upstate comic book shows at the end of this month, I'll reimburse you by buying some stuff at your booth.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 19, 2010, 04:24:18 pm
Death Ray, if you're doing either of the upstate comic book shows at the end of this month, I'll reimburse you by buying some stuff at your booth.

I don't understand the internet, so here's an open question. I tried to click on that website and firefox doesn't like the prefix "jttp". Should it? Is that a typo? Do I need a plugin or what have you? Does this look infected?
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 19, 2010, 04:34:23 pm
I did.

A facebook ad claimed December 1.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: CortJstr on October 19, 2010, 05:09:23 pm
Amazon says "Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on December 28, 2010."

Every month or so I get an e-mail from them saying the release date has changed and apologizing and reaffirming that my card won't be charged until it ships.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 19, 2010, 05:49:23 pm
It'd explain it to an extent, yeah.

I don't know that it would explain going to a once-every-three-weeks format but it'd explain it partially, for sure.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: pmcd9 on October 19, 2010, 06:13:27 pm
Unless he's writing a whole shitload of exclusive new content for the book I don't think it explains away a years worth of every once in a while posting of strips.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 19, 2010, 06:22:13 pm
Walking Dead did that thing with book five. I had it on pre-order forever, and it kept getting delayed. Book six came right out, though.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 19, 2010, 07:25:41 pm
Oh. This is the link I'm referring to that Dark hoss keeps throwing into my FB sidebar, it links to this:

http://www.darkhoss.com/Books/16-621/Achewood-Volume-3-A-Home-for-Scared-People-HC (http://www.darkhoss.com/Books/16-621/Achewood-Volume-3-A-Home-for-Scared-People-HC)

EDIT: Except that... you know... fix for the filter.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Death Ray on October 19, 2010, 07:36:15 pm
one strip a week? what, is he emailing them to you? seven strips since august began - twelve weeks ago. if dude went to a weekly format, i think we'd all be fine with that.

Heh- I read this to suggest that I was underestimating how many strips he was putting out. I was racking my brain to figure out how you were getting seven strips a week.

Yeah, one a week would be sweet. BTW, Weapon Brown updates twice weekly! (Just a little whoring, folks Don't flame me, blast your eyes.)
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 19, 2010, 08:56:42 pm
Heh- I read this to suggest that I was underestimating how many strips he was putting out. I was racking my brain to figure out how you were getting seven strips a week.

Yeah, one a week would be sweet. BTW, Weapon Brown updates twice weekly! (Just a little whoring, folks Don't flame me, blast your eyes.)

I asked elsewhere, but is that supposed to be jttp?

By which I should have said: "you might want to change your link to http, unless it's an inside joke that I'm not privy to".
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Dangermoose on October 19, 2010, 10:01:16 pm
Is it "Jive Text Transfer Protocol?
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: pmcd9 on October 20, 2010, 12:10:06 am
Are you talking about the link to his site in the footer of his posts?  It's showing as http on this computer.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Dangermoose on October 20, 2010, 01:20:35 am
No, on his profile.  On your profile, Mr. Death Ray.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 20, 2010, 03:41:52 am
I don't know from sigs, Paul. I meant the little "link to my website" spot.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: pmcd9 on October 20, 2010, 03:44:56 am
Your sig, for example is "I am just going outside and may be some time. - Lawrence Edward Grace "Titus" Oates." 
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Death Ray on October 20, 2010, 04:09:13 am
I asked elsewhere, but is that supposed to be jttp?

By which I should have said: "you might want to change your link to http, unless it's an inside joke that I'm not privy to".

Oh! You were asking ME. Thanks for the heads up. It is fixed now.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on October 20, 2010, 01:24:30 pm
Your sig, for example is "I am just going outside and may be some time. - Lawrence Edward Grace "Titus" Oates." 

Yeah, I just meant I hadn't realized that the same was supposed to be linked from his sig. I just went to the little dingus on the side, because I saw it there - I don't have one.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: side_show on November 05, 2010, 08:10:23 am
One strip for the entire month of October.  I'm finding the total silence ominous.  Reminds me of the way Perry Bible faded off.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: pmcd9 on November 05, 2010, 12:46:39 pm
One strip for the entire month of October.  I'm finding the total silence ominous.  Reminds me of the way Perry Bible faded off.

PBF didn't quit in the middle of a story.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: side_show on November 05, 2010, 02:43:26 pm
PBF didn't have a story.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: pmcd9 on November 05, 2010, 03:11:00 pm
PBF didn't have a story.

Exactly, so it's not a fair comparison.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: smick on November 05, 2010, 03:11:59 pm
Speaking of which... I went there, and there is a new PBF... "Memorabilia"
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on November 05, 2010, 03:42:48 pm
I just started reading the DO archives yesterday. Pretty nice.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: wombat on November 05, 2010, 04:55:55 pm
Speaking of which... I went there, and there is a new PBF... "Memorabilia"

I linked to that in the other thread where we complain about no strip. Doesn't it give you hope?
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Dangermoose on November 05, 2010, 09:47:49 pm
What I worry about is that Arrosto Beef is more than a little autobiographical, and right now Onstad can't even bite down on toast.

If I live in the same state do I have a moral obligation to go check on him?
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 05, 2010, 10:07:45 pm
What I worry about is that Arrosto Beef is more than a little autobiographical, and right now Onstad can't even bite down on toast.

If I live in the same state do I have a moral obligation to go check on him?

in one of his recent tweets he was pretty excited to get a "fuck sadness lamp".  im inclined to have mercy on him because i havent been able to afford my depression meds in over two months.  the shit is steadily hitting the fan.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: side_show on November 05, 2010, 10:39:46 pm
Nothing comforts me about this.  Especially the SAD lamp stuff.  Sigh.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on November 05, 2010, 10:41:40 pm
What I worry about is that Arrosto Beef is more than a little autobiographical, and right now Onstad can't even bite down on toast.

If I live in the same state do I have a moral obligation to go check on him?

I live in the same town as he does, but I don't want to bug him. I've stopped sending him liquor, though. Maybe that'll help.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: smick on November 05, 2010, 10:54:17 pm
I live in the same town as he does, but I don't want to bug him. I've stopped sending him liquor, though. Maybe that'll help.

I think we'll need to graph your liquor packages vs. product output.

You might have caused this dry spell.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Nabubrush on November 05, 2010, 11:00:02 pm
I think we'll need to graph your liquor packages vs. product output.

You might have caused this dry spell.

Ok, full disclosure. I haven't sent him any liquor in . . . let's see . . . carry the one . . . . maybe eight years.
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: robot_god on November 05, 2010, 11:09:28 pm
Theres a strip!!  And it's about the lamp!
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: Dangermoose on November 05, 2010, 11:22:35 pm
A strip!  A very palpable strip!
Title: Re: supporters of onstrad
Post by: R2DTrousers on November 06, 2010, 08:33:21 am
i havent been able to afford my depression meds in over two months.

Medical-System-based rough-chuckles right there.