Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - gloomba

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
1
I never would have thought that Roast Beef would think that breast implants were a not-gross thing.  Frankly I'm a little disappointed in him.

2
I just figured out that Philippe is reminding me of Calvin in a big way. And they're only a year apart! Yet there's so much of a maturity difference between them.  Imagine if they met; obviously Calvin would tear Philippe to intellectual shreds. Whoah, what if Calvin and Hobbes met the characters of Achewood?


3
Achewood / Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:46:50 pm »
Quadrophenia?  Is there some radically different printing with nude ladies all over it?  'Cause mine looks more like this.

4
Achewood / Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« on: October 12, 2007, 12:16:59 pm »
Is it me or does Philippe as a famous director look a lot like John Malkovich?

5
Apparently I am really, really callous.

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: To what extent...
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:11:58 pm »
It matters to me, but it doesn't decrease my enjoyment of a work; if anything it's the opposite.  Knowing about the artist and the context in which the work was created gives you additional perspective that, to me, is interesting and helps me understand it better.  If it turns out the artist is a douche, I just think, "this is some pretty good work; it's a shame the artist is such a douche."

7
He's already facing jail time, which seems fine to me.  Sure, it's a pretty rotten thing to do, but I don't see what warrants this level of outrage.  It sucks that she died, but it's unlikely the guy knew anything about that, and come on, people -- there are much worse things you can do to a person than pissing on them.

8
Wild Card / Re: Parody quarters
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:10:37 pm »

9
Science & Nature / Re: Computers
« on: September 10, 2007, 02:47:20 pm »
Yeah, for $100, that's going to be virtually impossible.  If you're really dedicated and willing to do enough homework, you MAY be able to collect a bunch of people's discarded components (from craigslist or freecycle or something) and cobble them together into some sort of Frankenstein computer, but it would be pretty difficult.  I think this is pretty much a lost cause.

10
Achewood / Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« on: September 07, 2007, 01:29:05 am »
It ain't even that old:




OBJECTION!  Those are third-party accessories.

11
Achewood / Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« on: September 06, 2007, 12:18:35 pm »
Looks like I'm a little late to the creepy fetish party (as usual!), but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention body inflation.

If we're talking about crummy web comics, I wouldn't put it in the same league as stuff like PVP, but xkcd really bugs me.  Sorry if you like xkcd.  Occasionally there's a good joke, but 95% of it is just overflowing with maudlin sentimentality and pandering to nerd culture -- which, as a nerd, you'd think I'd be into, but it's just so shameless.  The web comic equivalent of someone who says "grok" all the time.

12
By the by, who's he calling?

I'm guessing Roast Beef, judging by the response about at least in this world someone had some delight for once.  And the chili beans.

13
I have actually never heard the term "cumshot" used in this way.  I always thought that the "shot" in question was the photographic sense of the word, i.e. in a film or pictorial spread, the "shot" which depicts the "cum."  But this strip has broadened my horizons, and now I have a new term that will allow me to discuss cumshots more easily.  Achewood really is a celebration of the English language.

14
Achewood / Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« on: September 05, 2007, 01:58:51 pm »
Did anyone else notice this is the only post the author has made?

Yes.

15
Sports & Leisure / Re: Happy Labor Day '07!
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:33:32 am »
I sat around, watched a couple of episodes of Arrested Development, played video games a lot (Phoenix Wright and Paper Mario), and went to Albertson's to get some ice cream.  Wooo!  Labor Day!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5