Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - alreadyinuse

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
1
Achewood / Re: assetbar down
« on: October 16, 2009, 08:50:42 am »
the "discuss" link for recent strips points to an invalid page.  If you are logged in, then you get the error "invalid"  if you are not logged in, and you click the invalid "discuss" link, after logging in your are redirected to the last 'valid' assetbar page.  Once logged in, clicking "next" will not show the next comic, since as far as assetbar is concerned, there are no more recent valid pages.  However you can click next from the achewood.com front page and it will show you the next strips, sans assetbar discussion since as far as assetbar is concerned, these strips don't exist yet.

basically what happened is that Onstad outsourced assetbar to a monkey on a keyboard who in turn outsourced it to maybe a chicken or a lizard or something who in turn outsourced it to Arachno-capitalist who is too busy sending PMs that say "Fuck You" to do his job right.

2
Sports & Leisure / Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:36:35 am »
Also look what I found when searching from a picture of the Grand Galactic Inquisitor:



sometimes Google is kind

gross.  she smokes.  I mean, and look at her face.  it's got 'ignorant bitch' written all over it.  not sexy.  not cool.  not a good comment.

3
Sports & Leisure / Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:33:43 am »
ALTERNATIVELY:
I wasn't gonna say anything (it's too late anyway, whatever), and generally I'm all for the newbies, but fuck it, any newbie that's responsible for a deluge of cutey dog pics should get the swift instaban/permaban boot pronto. f u Mr. Wonderful

congratulations DEJAVROOM, you're the latest winner of 'monkey see monkey do'

4
Sports & Leisure / Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:32:30 am »
I wasn't gonna say anything (it's too late anyway, whatever), and generally I'm all for the newbies, but fuck it, any newbie that's responsible for a deluge of cutey dog pics should get the swift instaban/permaban boot pronto. f u Mr. Wonderful

I'm not the retard(s) who keep(s) posting dog pictures.  oh wait I am now since I'm tit-for-tatting, but, I didn't start it.  If people have something to say to me that is best expressed by spamming the board with dog pictures, maybe they should just shut the fuck up already.

5
Arts & Entertainment / Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:24:40 am »
Bullworth

The Seventh Seal

6
Science & Nature / Re: Check This Shit Out
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:42:49 am »
perl 6 interpreter haskell

7
Science & Nature / Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:38:44 am »

Mr. Wonderful, I've heard of something that fits your needs, but I forget what it is called - it is based around a perl 6 interpreter written in Haskell.  So it's versatile AND elegand.

oh man making me laugh i have no idea what any of that means only that it's funny.

8
People & Places / Re: Rename A-CAP
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:35:50 am »

9
People & Places / Re: How's Lileks?
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:34:20 am »

10
People & Places / Re: my dream job
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:30:12 am »
anachrocpaitalist said to me in a private message "fuck you"

that's all he/she said.

I mean hold jesus what did I do to deserve that?

someone needs to take their cunt pills

11
People & Places / Re: My dream job
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:33:21 pm »
(please note:  This thread is intended to be free of pictures of pugs, if you wish to post pictures of pugs, please go to the other thread titled "My dream job")

12
People & Places / My dream job
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:32:16 pm »
is where my job is to be smart, but I don't have to do anything.  Consulting.  I need to find books that tell me how to consulting.

13
People & Places / my dream job
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:26:10 am »
is where my job is to be smart, but I don't have to do anything.  Consulting.  I need to find books that tell me how to consulting.

14
Science & Nature / Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:24:29 am »
I am sure you are smart in some way

15
Science & Nature / a word about the G3 blue and white
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:22:45 am »
yeah so my somewhat limited experience seems to indicate that G3s may be somewhat unstable, especially the blue and whites.  random crashing and disk corruption.  Also, some blue and whites had a bug in the IDE controller that would randomly corrupt data, but only manifested it's self if a 3rd party hard drive was installed.  my recommendation is if you are looking at running an older mac, get a G4.  they are pretty damn cheap on ebay right now.

so I got my g4 off of ebay.  the son of a bitch that sold it to me lied about the specs, so I got a real stripped down machine.. no video card, no memory, no scsi or IDE card... although there are two onboard IDE ports.  fortunately I have all that shit left over from the blue and white.  so I filed a dispute with paypal hopefully I will get some of my money back.  Oh well for like under $75 including shipping it ain't a huge loss anyway.  Still it would have been nice to get a computer that already has this shit in it right.

it came with an 18GB scsi hard drive in it so I am going to hook that up and see if I can find any files from the previous owner.  that is always fun.  it is kind of a voyeuristic sort of thing to do, but also I am like, hey, maybe the previous owner might like his files back.  you never know under what circumstances someone separates with their computer.  maybe they weren't planning on it or it got stolen or they were in prison or who knows.

so the hard drive, get this, has that funky 68 pin tiny tiny sorta scsi connector.  fortunately I have a SCSI card that has BOTH a 68pin and a 50 pin connector on it.... that scsi card won't work in this computer I'm sure, but no big deal, I can use the scsi card as an adapter...  run a 68 pin cable from the drive to the card, and then a 50 pin from the card to the other scsi card of the computer.  just leave the 68/50 card sorta sitting on the desk or whatever.

anyway, I needa get a mac up and running so I can pull all my mac files off of these drives and put them on a linux system.  I am looking forward to the ext3 file system.  both the old Windows FAT and Mac file systems were so shitty I can't begin to tell you...


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5