Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal  (Read 15275 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2009, 02:42:04 am »

That should be the new breed motto.

Is that such as a real thing? Do breeds have mottos?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 12:09:31 pm »

I like you DJV, but sometimes I just don't think you're on the same wavelength as the rest of us.

I don't think I am, really, but I hope that's ok. I'm kinda the Grand Galactic Inquisitor of the board:



IGNORE ME!!!

(pssst the real reason for this is that I'm a cat person and also pugs are uuuugly)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 12:12:44 pm »

Also look what I found when searching from a picture of the Grand Galactic Inquisitor:



sometimes Google is kind
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 12:41:24 pm »

Also look what I found when searching from a picture of the Grand Galactic Inquisitor:



sometimes Google is kind

She can interrogate me anytime.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 01:42:03 pm »

Damn her chastity belt!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 02:11:14 pm »

Is that such as a real thing? Do breeds have mottos?

I don't think most do, but as usual, pugs think they are special. It's "Multum in Parvo," extremely loosely, "big dog in a little body."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

alreadyinuse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -31
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
  • sex
    • View Profile
    • sex
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 06:32:30 am »

I wasn't gonna say anything (it's too late anyway, whatever), and generally I'm all for the newbies, but fuck it, any newbie that's responsible for a deluge of cutey dog pics should get the swift instaban/permaban boot pronto. f u Mr. Wonderful

I'm not the retard(s) who keep(s) posting dog pictures.  oh wait I am now since I'm tit-for-tatting, but, I didn't start it.  If people have something to say to me that is best expressed by spamming the board with dog pictures, maybe they should just shut the fuck up already.
Logged
sex

alreadyinuse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -31
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
  • sex
    • View Profile
    • sex
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 06:33:43 am »

ALTERNATIVELY:
I wasn't gonna say anything (it's too late anyway, whatever), and generally I'm all for the newbies, but fuck it, any newbie that's responsible for a deluge of cutey dog pics should get the swift instaban/permaban boot pronto. f u Mr. Wonderful

congratulations DEJAVROOM, you're the latest winner of 'monkey see monkey do'
Logged
sex

alreadyinuse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -31
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
  • sex
    • View Profile
    • sex
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 06:36:35 am »

Also look what I found when searching from a picture of the Grand Galactic Inquisitor:



sometimes Google is kind

gross.  she smokes.  I mean, and look at her face.  it's got 'ignorant bitch' written all over it.  not sexy.  not cool.  not a good comment.
Logged
sex

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 12:25:38 pm »

I kinda see why you would say that, but you forgot to consider that nobody likes you here or finds your input valuable in any way whatsoever.

Also:
I didn't start it.

Relax, buddy, this was just another one of those pathetic developments triggered by your mere existence. By now I'm sure this is a recognizable pattern in your life...



------------------------------------
To the moderators: Say, I saw a functionality in another board where you could ignore a certain poster's posts just clicking a button. Do we have this here somewhere? It would be delight...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:41:12 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2009, 06:00:19 am »

I'm not the retard(s) who keep(s) posting dog pictures.  oh wait I am now since I'm tit-for-tatting, but, I didn't start it.  If people have something to say to me that is best expressed by spamming the board with dog pictures, maybe they should just shut the fuck up already.

Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2009, 08:43:57 pm »

I'm not the retard(s) who keep(s) posting dog pictures.  oh wait I am now since I'm tit-for-tatting, but, I didn't start it.  If people have something to say to me that is best expressed by spamming the board with dog pictures, maybe they should just shut the fuck up already.

I think you should write to the mods and try to get them banned, or at LEAST get them posting on topic.  You and me, Mr. Wonderful, we had an nice little message board until these dog posting assholes came along and just started picture spamming everything.

Right?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2009, 05:17:00 pm »

------------------------------------
To the moderators: Say, I saw a functionality in another board where you could ignore a certain poster's posts just clicking a button. Do we have this here somewhere? It would be delight...
[/quote

The closest thing we have that I know if is the ability for admins to delete an account and every post an individual has ever made, so that it appears that person never existed.

We've only done this once, and I don't like doing it, because it screws with otherwise interesting threads. But it's the easiest, fastest way to deal with someone like...dare I mention?...THA SUGAH RAIN.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2009, 04:20:36 am »

Man, now I have more pug pictures than is necessary for any man in his mid-20s to have...

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2009, 04:25:58 am »

Yeah. Pugzilla went totally useless-like.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up