Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - jough

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 426
1
People & Places / Re: Jough done got hitched.
« on: September 02, 2026, 08:17:41 pm »
I feel like I should have more tiny cans of Dr. Pepper than I do.

2
People & Places / Re: New York
« on: April 19, 2016, 06:06:07 pm »

3
People & Places / Re: New York
« on: January 21, 2016, 09:57:14 pm »
I am close enough that I can come in for a drink or bagel or bullshit if it's on the weekend. Let me know when you'll be in!

Right on. It won't be until April, so I'll hit you up once it's sooner. I'll be staying in Brooklyn but will have access to the fine MTA.

4
People & Places / Jough and Inev in New York
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:22:01 am »
Any of you assholes live in or around New York City? I'm going to be there sometime in the indeterminant future and figured maybe someone might want to grab a drink or bagel or some bullshit.

5
So some minor server update totally borked the forum, so... I just said "fuck it, I don't have time for this shit" and upgraded the forum to the latest SMF software. I'm sure there are some theme customizations that didn't make it. I'll deal with those tomorrow or Monday.

6
I haven't actually upgraded the software yet, guys. Everything's exactly as it was before.

But you know, when you run the software on a new server everything kinda gets a different perspective, doesn't it?

7
Tip Jar is just my Amazon wishlist, although I guess I need to put some smaller denomination items on it.

I'll be testing the latest SMF upgrade sometime this weekend. Should be fine.

8
Would an upgrade make the board responsive on mobile devices?

Probably?

9
So that sucked. But we're back up now. I was hoping to "just" convert the database to PostgreSQL, but alas, I ended up giving up and installing MySQL on the new box.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

At some point I should upgrade us to a more recent version of SMF too.

10
Fair enough.

If I can get this party started soon, then, I'm going to (in case something goes wrong - this current server will be shut off tomorrow sometime so there's nothing like the last minute...).

11
Do people even use this thing anymore?

Should I even bother?

I'm fine with footing the bill since it's not much of a bill, and what I mean by "ignore the board" is just that - I need it to just run without me having to babysit it regularly, especially since I now have two actual babies to take care of.

12
This is going to happen tonight instead, as travels kept me away longer than expected yesterday and setting up the site was slower than expected.

Game plan is:

* Put Touamb in "maintenance mode"
* dump/restore the database
* remove maintenance mode on the new server
* switch DNS over to the new server
* profit

Just kidding. There's no profit. Anyway, with the new setup I should be able to ignore the board for many years to come, and future migrations should be faster if needed due to modern things like ansible and cloud whatever and blah blah blah.



13
Vinyl is fun. I actually bought my wife a record player last year and then got into vinyl collecting again myself. Plus, you know, I'm a fuck*ng hipster.

14
Needs a ship to address on there, daddy-o.

Oops. Fixed. But I was (mostly) joking about the Wishlist thing.

Anyway, hopefully I won't break the boards on Monday.

15
Well, I do have an Amazon wishlist and my birthday IS on Saturday, so...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/2BIGZX73EUPWO

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 426