Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - nephilim8

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Achewood / Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
« on: January 24, 2014, 04:24:14 pm »
In this sequence the dude bear finds out that the lady bear he had a brief fling with is actually a down chick.

OH I had a depressing thought, what if Polly was Penny's stage name, and after her relationship with Cornelius she was so empty she was reduced to shopping at Goodwill.
I am basing this entirely on the fact that Polly never met Philippe.

Further not-depressing, but still weird, what if Polly and Penny are sisters.

OOOOOOHHHHHH SSSHHIIIIITTTTTTTT

2
yeah this one had quite a few good titles it was hard to choose just one.

4
Achewood / Re: 08.11.2013 Robust and well-timed urination
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »
I'm mostly alright for conceding to veedub since she was a few minutes sooner on the post new topic button than I, but in my defense this is the OUAMB, a messageboard devoted to a single site, so I feel like a link should not even be necessary because a post about one new comic on one site comes with the subtext that of course it's achewood. 12 characters are not too much to type ya lahrdy bahstards.  ;D

5
Achewood / November 8, 2013 - Spanish Fly and sayin' what was on the pizza
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:02:59 am »
It's a bit late, but totally worth the wait.

I expect Onstad is actually a Highlander, he seems to have a wisdom not befitting his current age bracket.
(in plain english, damn Cornelius really hits the 10-ring this go round.)

6
I'm cautiously optimistic about having the Achewood over the twitters. I suppose I'm presuming this is a replacement for the blogs, and while that's ok I guess I don't see how he can keep them all straight and in decent quality, especially since everything is still hand drawn after a decade (seriously, the guy doesn't have like a Ray/Beef exchange template by now?)

Now that I think about it, one of the things that keeps me coming back to Achewood is the writing, which makes me think the comic strip is almost the wrong format for expressing these characters. Oh sure, the visuals are great for reference and so forth, but would you still read Achewood if it were a series of short novellae, a la Wodehouse? Cuz I sure would. In fact if a "strip" was just each character's interpretation of an event, like with the #####ing doll in the blogs, I would eat that shit up like chocolate-covered coffee seeds.

7
Achewood / What's been going on lately
« on: October 29, 2013, 03:48:07 pm »
courtesy of The Verge.

it seems like a wasted effort to be pitching this sort of show to a general TV audience, when it's clearly above them. seems like Onstad would have better luck pitching it to Netflix or Hulu. Or he could even self-publish.

also, I posit the idea of a childhood drum is far older than Achewood.

8
Sports & Leisure / Re: feel better food
« on: October 23, 2013, 04:29:20 am »
What kind of cheese do you use, this is important. Generally for grilled cheeses I use those gross milk+chemicals "sandwich slices." I know it's an affront to food, but they melt so well in the 2-3 minutes they're on the skillet. For anything else I'd rather actual cheddar.

Anyway, pepperoni with sandwich slices sounds kinda gross, but with like some mozzarella-type could actually be decent.

9
Sports & Leisure / Re: Beer Can Chicken
« on: August 16, 2013, 02:03:24 pm »
Also, it's spatchcock. I should have add the quotes to make it obvious I was quoting.

10
Sports & Leisure / Re: Beer Can Chicken
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »
It means butchering a bird by cutting out its backbone and flattening it. It's how we grill birds for most of our company meals. Where'd you grow up?

11
Science & Nature / Re: Coke Unveils new Ice Bottle
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:34:14 pm »
Neat! Of course it wouldn't really make a difference in like places where it's already 100 degrees all the time, so the bottle would probably melt before you finish. I wonder if dry ice would work better as bottle material, if the coke and dry ice wouldn't react to each other.

12
Achewood / Re: Achewood as Mad Men
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:26:44 am »
Achewood as Achewood:

Ray: Ray
Roast Beef: Roast Beef
Pat: Pat
Téodor: Téodor
Philippe: Philippe
Cornelius: Cornelius
Lyle: Lyle
Todd: Todd
Nice Pete: Nice Pete


well, someone had to...  8)

13
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: May 23, 2013, 11:56:34 pm »
Looks heavenly, but gas-inducing. What's actually in it?

14
Wild Card / Re: Baker Cat!
« on: May 05, 2013, 03:30:17 am »
I'm just gonna assume the reason there's almost 100 pageviews but only 4 (now) comments is that people are just coming through whenever they need a pick-me-up. And I'm ok with that.

15
Science & Nature / Re: Prescriptive grammar
« on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:38 am »
sometimes i feel like i'm the only person in the world who remembers sentence diagrams, where you draw out the structure of the sentence according to only the specific words therein, placing the words in the diagram to find the correct ones and flaws in the structure. are they still taught? were they taught anywhere to anybody but the thirty kids in my class that year? did i have some kind of miracle teacher that invented a crazy great tool that got lost in some black hole of innovation? nope. looks like they were invented 99 years before i was born. -- ah, it "has not been much in vogue as a pedagogical device for the past thirty years or so." well goddamnit, WHY NOT

They taught us diagramming when I was in elementary school...12 years ago? criminy. It didn't last long past that though.

Pages: [1] 2 3