Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beer Can Chicken  (Read 3756 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Beer Can Chicken
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:02:47 pm »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:04:41 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:47:09 pm »

I've done this a few times and its delicious. Super-Bonus: Practically no clean-up required.
What did you do to the skin if anything?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 07:34:55 pm »

Hell, I used to have a little ceramic deal to use instead of a beer can.  It was shaped like a beer can at the top, then flared out to a wider base so as to give your poultry a firmer foundation, as it were.  I should look for that thing.  Or buy some beer.  Or something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »

I spatchcocked and grilled a bird over the weekend. It came out OK, but I have been thinking I haven't done the beer can thing in a while. Good call.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:03:01 pm »

Have never heard of Spatchcooked chicken. Sounds interesting. And that beer can bird looks absolutely perfect.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

nephilim8

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »

It means butchering a bird by cutting out its backbone and flattening it. It's how we grill birds for most of our company meals. Where'd you grow up?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »

oh i pulled a spatchcock last weekend, made a quick rub using a bunch of things but most importantly and for the first time ever, coffee (ground super-fine with mortar & pestle). it added a damned fine layer of complexity to the finished meat. anybody else ever tried it?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 05:52:05 pm »

I've used a coffee rub on steak before. Don't think I've ever tried it with chicknnzzzz.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 03:18:01 am »

It means butchering a bird by cutting out its backbone and flattening it. It's how we grill birds for most of our company meals. Where'd you grow up?

I grew up in Houston Texas and in our family we just cut the birds in half when we went to grillin'.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 04:15:09 am »

I grew up in Oklahoma (and knew the type of people who would know how to grill some shit.  For instance, I have had deer prepared in at least ten ways.  Our neighbors killed their own cows and rabbits.  So did my family for a bit.) and have never heard of this spatchcook either.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

nephilim8

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 02:03:24 pm »

Also, it's spatchcock. I should have add the quotes to make it obvious I was quoting.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Can Chicken
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »

I'm old, that's my excuse.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up