Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sleepless_medic

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« on: May 27, 2005, 02:20:24 pm »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Kind of that when Showtime had Full Frontal Comedy where between each comedian where random shots of naked women dancing.


Much as a bottle of Johannesburg Riesling and magazines from my childhood such as Bananas and Thrasher, that actually sounds awesome!

2
Achewood / May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« on: May 11, 2005, 05:23:50 pm »
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I keep finding dog poop in the front yard, which pisses me off because we don't own a dog.  We do have a two-year-old, and I look forward to the day we're playing in the yard and she ambles over with a handful of dog turds.  I sometimes see a guy walking three dogs down the street in the morning, and I think he might be responsible.  Hopefully I can catch them in the act, run out and grab up the poop in a plastic bag, and run after him down the street shouting "YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!"


Maybe place mothballs along the interface between the street and yr lawn?

3
Arts & Entertainment / The Carter Family
« on: May 11, 2005, 03:43:27 pm »
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Damn!  I meant to TIVO that.  Maybe I can catch it later.

Carter family Brush w/Greatness:

In the 80's my Dad's sister had an antique shop in Owensboro, Ky.  One day June Carter and Johnny Cash came in and bought a set of china that had belonged to my Mother's Grandmother.  So, it's entirely possible that Johnny Cash and I have eaten off the same plates.

HA!


FRIKKIN' AWESOME

4
Achewood / Hellz yeah
« on: May 10, 2005, 05:48:45 am »
I agree with Mr. Bozack, even though I am dead sober. This is a good 'un, from "is a teacher here" to the evolution of beef's expressions.

5
Achewood / May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« on: May 09, 2005, 08:24:01 pm »
Quote from: "antioch"
I think the observations in Stad's personal blog hit dead-on for alot of working, desperate people. It does remind me that married men seem to have alot of scorn towards post-prime lady hitons (albeit stad's narrative faces the tension with whimsy). Is the root of this spouse's love, or some weirdopathic "you had your chance" complex?

 Also maritime-ready hull sounds like something Lowtax would write, but its still funny. And the erotisqueals rule.


See, I read Chris' blog and had two (2) thoughts:

1. Looks like he forgot to turn off the "Mr Bear" voice, and
2. Get over yourself, Chief.

6
Achewood / help me decipher little nephew slang
« on: July 27, 2004, 07:58:12 pm »
On further reading, it does seem "hoolies" (alternately, "H.O.O.L.I.E.S.") refers to individual servings of ethanol.

Hooligans are often ethanol users, perhaps that is the connection. Like Cockney rhyming slang, but not.

7
Achewood / help me decipher little nephew slang
« on: July 27, 2004, 07:20:22 pm »
Hoolies = hooligans.

Like jough sez; I registered just to reply, to make a contribtion after months of lurking, and somebody beats me to it. Drag.

Pages: [1]