Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.  (Read 11573 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« on: May 02, 2005, 05:16:50 pm »

By popular demand: post about the blogs of early May in this here thread.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 02:09:49 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
By popular demand: post about the blogs of early May in this here thread.



The thread title is beautiful chiasmus.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 08:11:20 am »

Quote from: "Pat"
As I was saying, I like to get the vegan scramble with Tofeggy™, harissa, and brown nut bean paste. Tofeggy isn't something you can screw around with, and I guess you might say I was putting the new chef (just a cook, really) to the test.

I cannot begin to describe the failure of his vegan scramble. First of all, he used egg whites, which he burned into a thin brown "pancake" before wiping on a pathetic amount of harissa and a spoonful of brown nut bean paste. Then he folded it into an offensive, greasy burrito. On the side was the appropriate scoop of fenugreek-steeped quinoa, which I was able to eat, but on the whole I was just disgusted with the affair.


Grossest breakfast ever?

Brown nut bean paste?  What the fuck!

Also, Lyle's!  Perfect!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 12:44:38 pm »

See now I always used my cookie cutters as biscuit cutters. Turns out I had it all wrong and backwards!
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 07:04:56 pm »

I get extra enjoyment from reading Lyle's blog because of the banner advertising.  I bet the Blogspot Ad Bot has hell of difficulty figuring out what ads to place above "tranny fux" entries.

LN's ads, last I checked, were for Snoop Dogg stuff.  It's a value-added kind of funny.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 08:19:17 pm »

See? Vapes are HIP, man. They are AWESOME.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 01:09:38 am »

I thought they were for booze.

SLF?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 02:34:04 pm »

Stiff Little Fingers.

You gotta sus, sus, sus, sus, sus sus sus suspect device.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 06:58:16 pm »

I think the observations in Stad's personal blog hit dead-on for alot of working, desperate people. It does remind me that married men seem to have alot of scorn towards post-prime lady hitons (albeit stad's narrative faces the tension with whimsy). Is the root of this spouse's love, or some weirdopathic "you had your chance" complex?

 Also maritime-ready hull sounds like something Lowtax would write, but its still funny. And the erotisqueals rule.

edit: sorry about all the hyphens.
Logged
I am older now.

sleepless_medic

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 08:24:01 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
I think the observations in Stad's personal blog hit dead-on for alot of working, desperate people. It does remind me that married men seem to have alot of scorn towards post-prime lady hitons (albeit stad's narrative faces the tension with whimsy). Is the root of this spouse's love, or some weirdopathic "you had your chance" complex?

 Also maritime-ready hull sounds like something Lowtax would write, but its still funny. And the erotisqueals rule.


See, I read Chris' blog and had two (2) thoughts:

1. Looks like he forgot to turn off the "Mr Bear" voice, and
2. Get over yourself, Chief.
Logged
Just normal stuff: hair, basic clothes and sometimes shoes but not too much

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 08:48:52 am »

this is the funniest thing lil nephew has ever posted.

in the end, they marry.

i'm still laughing.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 01:54:14 pm »

Unlike Mr. Onstad, I am pretty much still an "unvalidated, snot-nosed wreck all the time."

But I do have a funny dog-feces story, which I believe I shall share right about now.

I was participating in an advertising photo shoot taking place at a fairly upscale house. Part of the shoot was done in the front yard, and I had just come back in and parked myself on a stool at the breakfast bar. One of my coworkers started frantically darting through the house asking everyone to lift their shoes so she could look at them. She got to me and I lifted my right shoe, which she could see was clean. As she scampered off to the next person, I lifted my left shoe to check it for myself. Completely poo-encrusted. I had unknowingly tracked dog dookie throughout the house. Um, oops. I then nonchalantly wandered back into the yard to scrape off the offending shoe, and never did admit that I was the excrement culprit.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 03:08:23 pm »

Hip Lad Kitchen With Téodor Orezscu

I want to hug Mr Bear so hard
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 04:04:07 pm »

I keep finding dog poop in the front yard, which pisses me off because we don't own a dog.  We do have a two-year-old, and I look forward to the day we're playing in the yard and she ambles over with a handful of dog turds.  I sometimes see a guy walking three dogs down the street in the morning, and I think he might be responsible.  Hopefully I can catch them in the act, run out and grab up the poop in a plastic bag, and run after him down the street shouting "YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

sleepless_medic

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
May Blogs? Yes, Blogs May.
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 05:23:50 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I keep finding dog poop in the front yard, which pisses me off because we don't own a dog.  We do have a two-year-old, and I look forward to the day we're playing in the yard and she ambles over with a handful of dog turds.  I sometimes see a guy walking three dogs down the street in the morning, and I think he might be responsible.  Hopefully I can catch them in the act, run out and grab up the poop in a plastic bag, and run after him down the street shouting "YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!"


Maybe place mothballs along the interface between the street and yr lawn?
Logged
Just normal stuff: hair, basic clothes and sometimes shoes but not too much
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up