Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - robot_roll_call

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
1
Achewood / Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« on: April 18, 2006, 04:11:02 pm »
Greetings!

The hobo is giving Phillippe the option of losing a dollar or losing the dollar that his mummy gabe him. I don't know exactly what that means, but I assume it was something that he was born with and it sounds a little bit too much like hobo-slang for virginity to not be terrifying.

It means Phillippe is five and the only place five year olds get money is from their parents

what the HELL people

2
Achewood / Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:28:46 pm »
On one hand, I would have liked to have seen a strip or two of Ray making cowboy sauce all House of Blue Leaves style. On the other hand, we don't need the fight to overstay its welcome. I have a feeling he wants this bitch wrapped up by friday.

3
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Enough with the Pixies threads
« on: March 04, 2006, 05:31:57 pm »
They sell CDs of a given concert on demand? That's really cool, I wish other bands would do that.

4
Finally! A thread I can relate to!

2 of my better friends are Eagle Scouts. One of them has the most overbearing mother in the world, so that's one way to become an eagle scout.

I was a scout from Tiger Cubs all the way up to...I think Life Scout? The patch with the heart on it? 2 year running Pinewood Derby champ, motherfuckers. Although it's really a competition to see who's dad can make the best car, and my dad was in engineering at the time. So my car went down that ramp like a rocket pig on grease, all setting everyone else's doorstops on fire, all breaking the land speed wood car record. Those were the days!

I was maybe a year from getting my Eagle, and I quit because I hated camping, and because the new leader was a total prick. So there goes your hypothesis, V. Although I also quit Tae Kwon Do when I had my red belt (1 away from Black) because I hated it and I was terrible at it. So I guess I have a habit of quitting things 3/4 of the way in.

I've dissected a lot of gross things in my life. One time I had to dissect a dog heart. Being a dumb kid, I held it with my bare hands. Gross.

5
Achewood / Re: March 2nd, 2006 - There are no side dishes
« on: March 02, 2006, 06:38:25 pm »
The fight is a bunch of dudes who think 3 dollars is a good price for wine, according to one of the alt texts. I think a Safeway turkey and some bad brandy upholds the spirit of the fight perfectly.

Second, why would the spork be on the receipt? What kind of store charges for plastic utensils?

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Barney Fife/Mr. Furley dies at age 81
« on: February 26, 2006, 05:56:53 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

First Pat Morita, now this. Why are all the great people dying on us?

7
Arts & Entertainment / Re: I'm PISSED!
« on: February 25, 2006, 09:19:39 am »
The HHG2G movie frustrates me a lot. All the elements are there: a script (mostly) by Adams, decent special effects, a creative team that really did appear to love the matieral, and Alan fuck*ng Rickman as Marvin. But the final product just feels so...empty to me.

I think a big part of it is that Adam's prose just loses so much when people say it outloud. Well, that's not true. It needs to be dry and British, and this movie was mostly American. All the good lines were there. Most of the best guide entries. But they just kind of fell flat as presented in the film.

Another good example is the Whale scene. Funny in the book, just kind of weird in the film.

And Marvin...I love the depressed iPod design, Alan Rickman is who I wanted to play him the second I heard about the movie...but he's just so depressing in the movie. Not like funny depressing, but actual depressing. It's a thin line, but they ended up on the wrong side. His "I've seen it...it's rubbish" line about the Magrathean sunset was one of the first times I've laughed out loud reading a book, but in the movie I barely even noticed it.

Here is what the movie does right: The dolphin song,the whole part on the Vogon homeworld, Slartibartfast (and really most of the stuff on Magrathea), and I actually though the movie's ending was pretty decent. It could have been a lot worse. I think the people who made it really did love and respect the material, but they tried too hard to stick to it (when not deviating from it altogether). I actually liked the added scenes more than the stuff in the book because the added scenes were written for the screen, and seemed to work better. I would have preferred a less faithful movie that was funnier in movie form, if that makes any sense?

8
Achewood / Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« on: February 22, 2006, 06:40:17 pm »
No way that Beef planned this. This one was all Ray, showing that he really is the Son of Rodney. I would say ripping a guy's goddamn face off easily matches any of the feats we saw Rodney do in the flashback strip.

9
Achewood / Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:06:19 pm »
If writing a hilarious blog is enough to merit qualification for the GOF, then is Onstad eligible?  I mean, if the dude would deign to write himself into this arc, he is like ten times the size of the average competitor.  Might he even *gasp*  cut a fine challenge for Rodney L., based on mass alone? Such conjecture reminds me of the old hypothetical one-on-one football games between Ditka and God.

Sure he's 10 times bigger, but would YOU want to be in the middle of 3000 pissed off cats? It'd be like David and Goliath, only this time David wins!

10
Wild Card / Re: Christian Porn
« on: February 18, 2006, 09:34:43 pm »
My roommate's sister is a film student, and one of her movies featured a joke porn called "Jesus fuck*ng Christ".

11
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:41:36 pm »
Don't forget to mention the monkey on the crucifix in the Closer video.

12
Arts & Entertainment / Re: the band i hate the most
« on: February 14, 2006, 06:48:49 am »
You guys made me cry...maybe I should go listen to Day at the Fair. :'(

13
Arts & Entertainment / Re: the band i hate the most
« on: February 14, 2006, 04:48:29 am »
I think that Dr. David Thorpe more or less explained why I can't stand Mars Volta, it's crappy-prog rock run through a loathsome-indie-hipster filter.

And if we started in on the sheer number of so-called "indie" bands I hated we'd be here all night.

A quote from the good Dr. that had me laughing

Collectively, I hate pretty much every emo band out there now. I don't care if they are so-called "mall emo", "emo pop" etc. or like, truly small label indie bands with INTEGRITY MAN WHOVE BEEN DOING THE SCENE BEFORE ALL THESE POSERS MAN, I hate them all. I hate their stupid twee, cloying names like The Promise Ring, Sunny Day Real Estate, Texas is the Reason or worst of all Ashes to Autumn...or is it Autumn to Ashes? I don't care, either way it's retarded beyond belief. I despise their bands with the stupid haircuts and dye jobs and second-hand store wardrobes which probably had more thought put into them than say, the lyrics. It got to the point where I threatend friends with violence if I ended up going to another club or musical event where I'd have to hear some mopey shitbags in oh-so-ironic faded (cartoon character/product logo/summer camp) T-shirts sing a song about still being in love with that chick from college but she left long ago and you asked her to a dance once and she said no and man life is kind of gray and dreary and on and on and on...my bold, iconoclastic stance on such issues has cost me many friends. Ah, such is the price of being a genius, ah ha ha ha.

sigh.

Marry me!

Indie/Emo band names I hate:

Bright Eyes
Death Cab for Cutie
As I Lay Dying
My Chemical Romance
The Futureheads

(at this point I am looking at things under emo/indie on a torrent site for terrible names):

Saturday Looks Good to Me
Hawethorne Heights
Story of the Year (this one might be the winner)
Day at the Fair (they keep getting worse...can you picture someone saying 'my favorite band is Day at the Fair!'?)

OK, I need to stop before my brain blows a fuse.

14
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« on: February 14, 2006, 02:19:47 am »
Hi! I'm ***** roll call! You might remember me from my excited posts about attending a NIN concert a few months back.

Yeah, I am a fan.  But between the political posturing and this Peta stuff...well let's just say I wish the dude would have a relapse and go back to making the kind of music a dude with a drug problem would make (ie The Downward Spiral etc). Well...that's a terrible thing to say. I don't mean it. I think.


15
Achewood / Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« on: February 07, 2006, 06:18:48 am »
I don't think I have ever been so excited for the next day's strip. This arc is Achewood's ultimate purpose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23