Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - wombat

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 711
1
Achewood / Re: Happy 25th Anniversary, Achewood
« on: September 11, 2026, 10:02:30 pm »
Oh huh. I had no idea.

2
Not Daisy Owl / Re: Swan Boy
« on: September 05, 2026, 12:42:00 am »
If that's the new Achewood then I think it means that I am correct not to read the actual new Achewood, because it's not for me.

3
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Book Thread
« on: September 04, 2026, 11:07:54 pm »
Oh that reminds me of an author I was very happy to discover fairly recently - Manly Wade Wellman, who wrote a lot of midcentury Weird Tales-type short stories including a bunch set in Appalachia featuring a character called Silver John. Most of his stuff is out of print but there's a good new edition of those stories called John the Balladeer published by Valancort Books. If this sounds even slightly interesting to you, check it out, you will not regret it.

I remember being a fan of Wendell Berry's poetry when I was in high school and had a far greater tolerance for actual literature. When he died I was surprised to learn he had still been alive and I also am not sure I even knew he wrote novels. So that's how ignorant I am!

4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Book Thread
« on: September 04, 2026, 10:01:35 pm »
let's revive the book thread!!

You should all read the manga series I'm editing, Dinosaur Sanctuary. It's about a struggling dinosaur zoo and the depictions of zookeepers and keeper work are perfect. It includes essays by a real dinosaur scientist who is advisor for the series. It's really incredibly well done.

ok what have you read lately that I should read?

5
Achewood / Re: New Achewood
« on: September 04, 2026, 01:57:34 pm »
maybe you're not cool enough to know about them, inev ;)

6
Achewood / Re: New Achewood
« on: September 04, 2026, 12:14:17 pm »
yeah, that's exactly what it's like. I guess, if I wanted to read it just for nostalgia, I'd re-read the old strips. If I am going to read the new ones, it has to be because it works for the present moment.

I dunno, though, if people really start posting on this board again I might do it out of curiosity. maybe you can go home again? in some little ways?

7
Achewood / Re: New Achewood
« on: September 03, 2026, 11:35:43 pm »
Who is this man and what has he done with Chris Onstad.

Seriously, I am happy for him that he has gotten his shit together. I just don't think it's for me anymore. My comic tastes have moved on.

8
Achewood / Re: New Achewood
« on: September 03, 2026, 11:06:58 pm »
Is Achewood published on a regular schedule even Achewood?

9
People & Places / Re: Jough done got hitched.
« on: September 03, 2026, 11:06:06 pm »
you're right! done

10
Achewood / New Achewood
« on: September 03, 2026, 10:51:23 pm »
Who's subscribing to the Achewood Patreon?

I've never signed up. I feel like Achewood was something that hit the spot for me at a certain time in my life and I am not actually sure I would enjoy it now. I'd rather not spoil the memory, you know?

11
People & Places / tap tap
« on: September 03, 2026, 09:26:00 pm »
OMG is this thing really on again??

12
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: August 16, 2021, 10:38:29 pm »
The board was down for so long, all I could do was imagine what you guys were all doing. Guess I got carried away.

13
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: August 03, 2021, 01:06:36 am »
Perfect timing. I was just wondering how Inev's dog was doing, like literally a couple of hours ago.

14
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: July 04, 2021, 01:37:02 pm »
It is absolutely reasonable to not do the surgery. Animals can't think about whether they have four months left or a year left so they don't suffer knowing their time is shorter. They just know if they're happy or in pain right now. Less time left but with less pain and stress is absolutely fair to her.

15
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: July 02, 2021, 01:47:19 pm »
Sorry, man. That does suck.

Inev, I think at this point you need professional help from a trainer, but even that won't be able to solve the crating problem in a week, and that's assuming you could even get an appointment with someone - they are all booked up, just like the vets and kennels. Can you find a crappy motel that allows dogs near where your family is staying?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 711