Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - yu-huang

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
1
People & Places / Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« on: January 14, 2006, 02:23:35 am »
Totally. I'm all for clearing things up. As I said, we did make amends quite quick, eh?

2
People & Places / AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« on: January 14, 2006, 02:17:09 am »
(feel free to delete, etc)

Let's talk about drama.

Feel free to correct on me the following points (I'll resort to memory, 'cos it's just too weary to go through all the threads to get the excerpts):

I have seen the term "drama" being used here to describe the essence of the recent problems with the newbies. To be fair, no names were given as fair as I remember, but still, I am a newbie, and the more willing I am to go all tabula rasa and start all over and over with some of the members of TOUAMB, I can't give you a point which costed some effort.

When I posted about wanting to see the joint-rolling machine strip, and then posted again about just having seen it, Jough came and told me in rather rash terms that I shouldn't have done that, and why. Now, he doesn't really have to be corteous, maybe he just doesn't like me, whatever. I was in the wrong - it was postwhoring. So even though I felt I had been unnecessarily mistreated by Jough's tone, I didn't say a thing, and promptly deleted a lot of my own irrelevant posts in that thread. I could have made a fuss, like apparently some of the other newbies are doing (I don't know, haven't been following), but I know when I should shut up. This costs a bit of self-control, and I will not have my purposeful consideration of what it's best for the board (my obeying the rules of the guy who pays for the thing, namely) even at times of personal distress ignored and distorted. I'm a bore, I know, but at least I'm being honest (gotta say that the fact that you're still letting me speak is rather cool, though =P. So... I hope that things improve, and so on and such...

When I started a topic about a strip, without commentary, AlohaDawg did the same thing that Jough had done - pointed to faults in my procedures, in a really bitchy way. This time I retorted (I should have remembered that he was a mod and just let it go, but... anyway, we made amends quite agreeably. I am trying to watch my steps, that's all I'm saying.

3
Achewood / Re: it's simple, really
« on: January 14, 2006, 01:40:22 am »
Oh.  After starting a thread in which you dissed people left and right.  Poor innocent you.

Limmo, again: There were stuffs going on before that. What you saw was me reacting to a certain situation. I can be a bitch when annoyed, too, and isn't that only normal?

---

Hi, Bozack. I'm yu-huang, what is the haps? =)

4
Achewood / Re: it's simple, really
« on: January 14, 2006, 01:29:43 am »
And yet, I just started a thread with a plea for mutual corteousness (something one would like to have both IRL and online, I would guess; we only have words to interact here, and they can be used to bully, yes, of course, if not from where the term "verbal assault" came, then?) Go figure.

(as for coming here voluntarily... I don't want to sound smug, but I have faith in you people; I always come back in good faith and people try to, er, "playfully kick" me ^^; But if you don't want me here, a quick PM will do the job real easy)

5
Achewood / Re: it's simple, really
« on: January 14, 2006, 01:03:01 am »
I call bullshit on the "bullying" thing.  If you're getting modded and having comments deleted, it's probably because you're being a douche.

"Probably" won't do it, I'm afraid. You'll have to do your homework, if you're really willing to pipe in. I can provide links, if you care to read 'em.

6
Achewood / it's simple, really
« on: January 14, 2006, 12:29:55 am »
Be corteous, and I'll be double-corteous in return. That's all there is to it.

7
Achewood / Re: jough
« on: January 14, 2006, 12:15:11 am »
Actually, AlohaDawg is not the trickstering type.  Toughening up is an excellent suggestion, as is reading enough of the posts here to figure out what is and isn't cool with the rest of the folks here. 

I can only infer that you mean that standing one's ground against open bullying isn't cool, while abject lip service to the powers-that-be is. If so I have to agree: You're a damn fine cool motherfucker.

Quote
Another suggestion: never take posting etiquette advice from people with a greater negative Dr. Pepper score than you.

A bit fragile, this one. The giving and taking of said cans being at the lowest denominator (and I have to say some people here reach the lowest denominator rather quickly) merely an expression of one's whim, and not a real measure of the quality of the contributions of a member of the board.

8
Achewood / Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« on: January 13, 2006, 05:09:49 pm »
Meanwhile several people have decried "the drama" in this thread, and moderators have imposed a strict subject format so that we may continue -- properly and directly -- our discussions of drawings of a cat attaching rubber testicles to his portable phone.  This is funny.  This is comedic gold. 

Yes indeed. You're receiving a tiny can of Dr Pepper for that (something quite nice about having -whatevers cans of the thing and still being able to give them out freely...)

9
Achewood / Re: jough
« on: January 13, 2006, 10:25:14 am »
It would make more sense for you to toughen up.

Noah, don't fall for that, he's just tricking you. Toughening up will take you nowhere (the disappearance of this post ina coupla minutes will demonstrate that).

10
We're probably already facing the prospect of invasion for: Po Po Po Po Popozao!...the only thing I can think of that's both stupider AND more offensive than Trucknutz. On the other hand, it sounds like something that Ray might release on his record label. (And so we come full-circle.)

I can only extend my sympathies towards you. Really, it's not my fault, but I'm ten kinds of ashamed, and stuffs.

11
Roger: Don't they say that the gain of knowledge is seldom a painless affair? My soul, too, is tainted.

12
[img width= height=]http://revistawhatsup.com.br/hamster.jpg[/img]

Because in my heart, hamsters = truce.

(*Terribly sorry for derailing the thread. Quick, please somebody say something about somebody's dog's 'nads)

13
I tried to consider a system that would make this work and keep the cars functional without any sort of AI, but by the time I got to considering hydraulics and reinforced steel plating I realized that I am retarded and stopped.

Surely there'll be no shortage of "analysis" going on soon. Me, I don't even have a car.

14
The whole ka-doodle!

EDITED BY V: Please put the month clearly so that people across the pond don't get confused. Thanks.

15
Arts & Entertainment / Re: I really do fear music
« on: January 10, 2006, 10:03:35 pm »
This week's recommendation: Andrew Bird is a genius. He writes lyrics as one drinks water. I used to like Rufus Wainwright a lot, but haven't been following his work since... coupla years? Great voices, they have, and spectacularly structured songs..

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7