Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - chuanoplast

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
1
Achewood / Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
« on: March 22, 2008, 10:26:32 am »
Nintendo should at least make those Oocoos wear bras.

2
Those two are in the "Three easiest Pynchon books to read" list.

3
Also, you can totally judge a book by its cover.  I like those new Penguin classics with the indie cartoonists doing the covers.  That cover says to me "here's a dusty bit of old literature that we think the hip grad student set might like" and that right there is a sale.  Also 60s and 70s paperbacks.  All of them.

I bought Gravity's Rainbow because it had a cool rocketship diagram on the cover. Damn you Penguin, what with all your crazy covers.

4
Achewood / Re: March 21, 2008 - God, she's not at all what I wanted...
« on: March 21, 2008, 11:41:19 pm »
That panel where the little hen is hopping into bed is so distressing.

5
Achewood / Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:11:34 am »
The all-glass bathroom makes perfect sense if you are Five Years Old. Come on, did none of you ever leave bathroom doors wide open or try to walk into occupied bathrooms as toddlers?

6
Wild Card / Re: Explain the stocks/economics to me like I was a 3rd grader
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:25:32 am »
From my personal experience, the main reason a person doesn't like alcohol/beer is that they haven't drank enough of it. Kind of like how if you hang out in a stockyard, you eventually can't smell it anymore. You stick around long enough, you're bound to start to appreciate the funky aroma.

This does not explain non-alchoholic beer.

7
People & Places / Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:45:25 pm »
Valentines schmalentines. Right now it is time for mega-fun activities involving huge banquets and upside-down signs and the color red.

Though chocolate is good. One can never have too much chocolate.

8
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:52:50 pm »
Foreign substrates in water do lead to a draining of precious bodily fluids, and loss of essence. Is the water fluorinated?

9
Achewood / Re: Would you drink... Earl Grey with your ass? 2-11-2008
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:31:25 pm »
Real tea is only served at super special teahouses where they have teeny teapots made of purple clay, mini cups (one for smelling only!), and little bowls full of hot(ter than the sun) water. Contact your local old Chinese man for more information on real tea.

10
Achewood / Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:11:45 am »
Now that reference is also known as redemption.

ALSO: Have I mentioned I really like Ray's mom lately. She is a lady who would always have the right snack to offer.

Ray's mom does always have the right snacks. She is the ultimate mom.

11
Achewood / Re: Would you drink... Earl Grey with your ass? 2-11-2008
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:16:54 pm »
Thanks a whole lot, Mr Bear. What am I going to drink next time I go to a Chinese restaurant, now?

Ask for a potful of "glass tea" (just regular hot water) and bask in your ultimate display of Chinese-ness.


12
Achewood / Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:57:27 pm »
Alt-text should include "and fathers with daughters".

13
Achewood / Re: Feb 7, 2008 - That is one damn rude bird
« on: February 07, 2008, 06:14:54 pm »
I wonder if Teodore can dance on the Roomba.

14
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Throat Singing
« on: February 06, 2008, 03:28:01 am »
This guy has a cool blog on various forms of throat-singing, if you folks are interested.

Also, how does one learn more about contemporary music and its influence on today's culture?

15
Science & Nature / Re: Usborne Book of the Future
« on: February 06, 2008, 03:00:28 am »
Mail order shopping is not a new thing.  Sears-Roebuck anyone?  L.L. Bean?  Lillian freakin' Vernon, even?

The internet just made it faster and easier.  Just like most everything else.

No paper catalogue I've looked at has antique embalming kits for sale in them.

I'm still waiting for them scientist-folk to invent computer-glasses so I can stop reading *****s as ##### and wondering why ##### would rip faces off when they clearly are not meant to be worn on the head (no eye holes).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16