Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - AugustWest

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 636
1
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Book Thread
« on: September 05, 2026, 06:06:58 pm »
I love Dortmunder, and all of Westlake for that matter. Kahawa, caper book set in Idi Amin era Uganda is a favorite. I listened to the posthumously published Memory not long ago and it was absolutely harrowing.

2
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Book Thread
« on: September 04, 2026, 10:41:07 pm »
Anybody else read Wendell Berry? I picked up a Port William book that I don't think I had read before in honor of Wendell's passing. Great stuff and set; n the neighborhood. Port Royal which Port William is closely based on; s about 20 minutes from me.

Also listening to a series of pre-WWI detective novels on Librivox. They're about Hamilton Cleek, "The Man of 40 Faces." Fun.

3
Achewood / Re: New Achewood
« on: September 04, 2026, 02:28:01 am »
I intend to go back and catch up.  Someday.  But it's kind of like trying to catch a particular time in a bottle.  Feels painfully nostalgic.  But I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

4
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: January 08, 2021, 01:03:35 pm »
Dammit, he must've figured out the cloning plan after all.

Perhaps he reproduces by budding.

6
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: December 30, 2020, 09:37:35 pm »
Very happy the Cattle Shot abides.

7
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: December 30, 2020, 09:35:29 pm »
Hey y'all!

8
Wild Card / Re: I had a dream....
« on: April 24, 2020, 04:11:49 pm »
This is the dream I create a facebook chat group to share with y'all, but I wanted to put it on here as well for archival purposes.  Because why not?

Hey former Touamb'ers.  I had to share this story with somebody and y'all seemed like the only reasonable choice.  So here goes.
A couple months ago, I quit getting split on green.  Ever since then, I have been having very vivid dreams.  I understand this is a regular occurence.  It's been pretty fascinating.  About two weeks ago, I decided to start keeping a dream journal.  First thing every morning I write down what I remember about the previous night's dreams.  This has also been pretty interesting.
So, last night I had a dream.
I dreamed I was in Northern California, the bay area.  Somehow I ended up at a house show where some very cool musicians were playing -- Dean Ween and former members of the Dead.  It was really cool, so I decided to come back the next night when they were supposed to be doing it again.
And I did, but I got there just as they were finishing up and breaking down.  A little disappointing, but OK.  After everyone else had left, it was only me and this wook.  He said he knew where the show was continuing and if I would drive we could go there.  I was a little dubious, but OK.
We get in my car and start driving.  I ask him where we are now.  He says Milpitas, CA.  Fair enough.  I ask him where we're going and he has to think about it, so I stop the car and wait.  Finally he tells me an address.  I start to try to look up the address and have trouble with Google Maps and at that point I wake up.  But I remember the address.
The address is 5 Churchill Ave.
Since I'm awake now, I pick up my phone and google Milpitas, which exists.  On the off chance that 5 Churchill Ave is a real location in the area too, I google it as well.
It is a real place.  It's in Palo Alto, which as we know is the alternate universe location of Achewood.  Turns out, based on the January 3, 2005 map of Achewood, 5 Churchill Avenue is about 4 blocks from the house where Chris, T-Adore, Lyle, Phillippe and Mr. Bear live.
Weird stuff.  I've never been to the bay area in my life and to the best of my knowledge the strip never mentioned any addresses.
True story.

9
People & Places / Happy Birthday Paul!
« on: January 14, 2020, 01:38:55 pm »
Since the board is here, might as well use it for birthday threads.

Enjoy your nachos, best of birthdays!

10
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: January 10, 2020, 08:40:42 pm »
It's like walking around Pompeii.

11
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: May 30, 2019, 12:42:18 pm »
It's baaaaaaaack.

12
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: May 28, 2019, 12:56:49 pm »
Someday it's just going to be you and me.

Maybe.

13
Sports & Leisure / Re: What's for supper?
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:35:11 pm »
Love me some lamb burgers.

14
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: April 09, 2019, 12:38:24 pm »
That is one serene looking goat.

15
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:26:02 pm »
You got this!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 636