Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 161713 times)

0 Members and 40 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1035 on: January 10, 2020, 08:40:02 pm »

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1036 on: January 10, 2020, 08:40:42 pm »

It's like walking around Pompeii.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1037 on: January 10, 2020, 10:32:09 pm »

I'm in a coma and dreaming this, right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1038 on: January 11, 2020, 02:34:00 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1039 on: July 04, 2020, 09:52:01 pm »

This census job has been totally wild. Unfortunately we will lose our funding in September and the entire country is in an economic meltdown. Concerned about the job search.
The good news is that I have basically been the "any task requiring a computer" person at this job, so my resume entry is immense. Making maps, making websites, writing code to run servers, troubleshooting people's excel sheets... everything. Right now I'm writing the maximalist version and then I'll get a friend from work (who does a lot of tech-person hiring) to help me edit it down.

Brooklyn this summer is intense. I guess everyone got the memo that doing things outside is relatively safe, so everyone is out on their stoops, grilling, shooting off fireworks, etc. The GF and I are looking for a one bedroom place and it seems that pickings are good. Everyone's desperate to rent out apartments that have been vacant for months.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1040 on: August 26, 2020, 03:17:49 am »

Oh. Hiya everybody.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1041 on: October 07, 2020, 02:46:13 pm »

Moved in with the GF and it's going very well. We got a huge-for-NYC place (I measured and had to laugh, it's 700 square feet) about half a mile east of my previous apartment. I have a little office in the front which feels like an insane luxury after a decade of 100 square foot bedrooms.

Also, just got offered a Real Tech Job as a data engineer for the city's public health efforts. With an almost 40% pay increase. It turns out having to do tons of stuff that isn't in your job description can really pay off if you pull it off. Now to see if I can actually pull THIS off or if I crash and burn.

I also see Bozack all the time. I introduced myself once when I recognized him but since then I have just glimpsed him around Brooklyn 2 or 3 times. Isn't this supposed to be a big city? One time I came around a corner and he was coming right at me with his full family like a damn Cute Kid Parade.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1042 on: October 19, 2020, 07:33:02 pm »

It is really weird vibes in NYC, I feel like a lot of transplants in the city have lost our Cool New Yorker skills. I keep making PROLONGED EYE CONTACT with cute ladies in public, and this weekend I got lost on the subway and showed up somewhere over an hour late. I got on a train going fully the wrong way and then impulsively got on the wrong train again when I tried to get back on track.

The best part of the new apartment in terms of daily lifestyle, other than Living With The Woman I Love And No Roommates, is my guitar/amp are within arms reach from my desk. So I can just pick my guitar up and noodle while I'm thinking about something, strum chords while I'm watching youtube videos or reading twitter, whatever. I feel like I've played more in the last 2 months than the past several years. But it's really making me crave New Guitar Junk once I get that first fatttt paycheck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1043 on: December 24, 2020, 02:20:25 pm »

Huh, the board is still up. I guess if even I forget to look at it, I can't be surprised that hardly anyone is posting.

Well if anyone is out there: Hey, I got a Christmas card email from Bobby Isoceles and it has a photo of an actual human baby on it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1044 on: December 30, 2020, 09:35:29 pm »

Hey y'all!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1045 on: December 31, 2020, 01:56:05 am »

Dammit, he must've figured out the cloning plan after all.

I don't think so, it's a lot cuter than he is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1046 on: December 31, 2020, 04:55:57 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1047 on: January 02, 2021, 04:58:33 pm »

Howdy
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1048 on: January 03, 2021, 01:17:30 am »

omg it's Keith Hernandez! What is up with you?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #1049 on: January 08, 2021, 01:03:35 pm »

Dammit, he must've figured out the cloning plan after all.

Perhaps he reproduces by budding.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71   Go Up