Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RMJ12345

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
1
Achewood / Re: 8 May 2008 - The Man From H.E.N.N.E.S.S.Y.
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:51:38 pm »
I don't get Showbiz either. I got Ray from the reference to "new money"  (as opposed to Ray's already entrenched wealth), but that was already my predilection.

2
Achewood / Re: 7 May 2008 - you know... orally?
« on: May 07, 2008, 03:02:54 pm »
Aw, Now-Anarcho-Capitalist! I love you too. I am about a week away from being a college graduate, but both of my major projects are done, so once I am done being mysteriously sick, I am ready to have some FUN!! Are you a college graduate yet?

3
Achewood / Re: 7 May 2008 - you know... orally?
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:48:58 pm »
I think Ray will somehow come in to save him just as he is about to get his life ruined, but it will somehow send him into a tailspin anyway.

Also, I wonder why a worrier such as Beef is not AT ALL worried (externally at least) about cheating on his main lady?

4
This was pretty funny, but the last joke in particular was a little sophisticated for sweet little Phillipe. I felt like the athlete's foot one was more in character.

5
Achewood / Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« on: March 07, 2008, 08:58:21 pm »
This was great. Funny, unconventional storytelling. I like how circumstantial it is - the other flowcharts seemed to be more representative of typical decision-making processes, whereas this is more specific in both the artwork and the story being told.

6
I never listen to their albums, it's kind of bizarre sounding to me. My SO has roughly a thousand GD shows on CD, trading live music is his hobby, and I hear a lot of live GD. I guess I was kind of judgmental and weirded out by it at first, but they're probably one of my favorite bands now, stoned or not.

The more I read this, the less amused I am by it. It's not a clever or original point, and I don't feel like it's a stereotype that's all that based in the reality of the band. The Dead do some weird shit and go off on long musical tangents, but it's all based around fairly solid rock and roll songs. And the culture that surrounds them is largely based around dancing, so I don't see how you can't "tap your foot" to it. Albeit much of the dancing is done under a lot of different drugs, but still. At the Dead-inspired show I was at tonight I was dancing while stone-cold sober.

I also don't see where Onstad gets off getting all high and mighty about drug induced ramblings.

7
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02282008

I just got back from a Dark Star Orchestra show (Dead cover band that plays a specific setlist from their history) and this is what I come home to.
It's funny, but completely wrong. In my opinion.

See you folks later! I'll be back in a few months, when I'm finished with my two theses and graduated and employed and all.

8
Achewood / Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
« on: February 12, 2008, 11:53:11 pm »
A sympathetic female character in Achewood?

I loved this one. My vote for thread title would have been "It breaks my heart that he is stoned."

9
Achewood / Re: 11 January 2008 - The worst head of my life
« on: January 12, 2008, 07:37:02 pm »
This is why I love Achewood in the first place. This is fuck*ng art. This is not comics elevated to the level of art, but comics realizing they were art all along and needed only to click their silver slippers.

Onstad is far, far from the first Glinda though.

I liked this. It reminded me a little bit of In the Shadow of No Towers by Spiegelman - the different, but connected stories told through different art, different sequences going different directions in the same space.

10
Achewood / Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:15:15 pm »
Hi Foreboding Orb!

Agreed. Look at his frigging mouth, I would never have thought to see such brutal anguish from Mr. Bear. It's good, it's tough to read in a way.

Heeeellllo Achewood! Right!

Agreed - It is very sad to see someone who is usually so debonair be degraded first by this tat, and then by his self-loathing because of the tat.

11
I keep wondering whether or not I would like to have a friend with Ray's personality.

I would, personally. He'd be irritating, but if you had a problem, he would take care of it....essentially making his troublemaking in your life the only problem. Which, he's fun, so I can deal.

Also, I loved this strip.

12
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Song lyrics which are morally repugnant to you?
« on: November 22, 2007, 06:06:24 am »
When they come to take you down
When they bring that wagon around
Just one thing I ask of you
Just one thing to do
Please forget you knew my name
My darlin'
Sugaree


Excellent, thanks guys, I've been wondering.

13
I was into the Baby-Sitter's Club. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baby-sitters_Club)
 

14
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Song lyrics which are morally repugnant to you?
« on: November 21, 2007, 08:11:16 pm »
I love the Rolling Stones, but I frequently will be grooving to them and then realize that Mick Jagger does not frequently take a positive view of women.

Also, Sugaree, by the Grateful Dead. "Please forget you knew my name, m y darling Sugaree" - what is that?

 Also, much of Britney Spears' new album (which I love for the most part).

None of these are morally repugnant to me. They just make me uncomfortable.

15
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Comics
« on: November 17, 2007, 06:03:48 am »
Anybody read :Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud? Or any Harvey Pekar (American Splendor)? I think the former might be one of the best books I've ever read. I'm pretty into Pekar right now. Both are a big influence on my creative thesis (a comic book).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26