Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: April Blogs Bring May Flowers  (Read 17668 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2006, 05:57:13 am »

At first... at first I thought those were carrots.
Logged
~

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2006, 06:39:21 am »

So did this guy have an actual Iroquois or does Ray just think that Huey is a generic slang term for helicopter?

Long answer, yes, Ray is characterized as the sort of dude who will bandy about the random swatches of knowledge he's been able to absorb in a fashion as though they apply in any situation remotely related to their topics.

He knows that something hot directly in the fridge will only ruin everything in the fridge with its heat, for example, but not because it is Common Sense. Rather because he saw Alton Brown say it once. He probably owns many of the puppets from the "Land of Confusion" video but probably has no idea that Peter Gabriel was once in Genesis, even though he also owns some of the clay figures from the "Sledgehammer" video.

Short answer, yes, but he will soon do the research to know better because a helicopter is a serious thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2006, 09:42:51 am »

The cock clock is indeed disturbing.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2006, 12:39:58 pm »

Trashspotting messageboard!   Now I really have to start a club so I can post on it.  Because God knows I don't already spend enough time on Achewood-related messageboards.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2006, 12:48:02 pm »

This seems relevant somehow.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2006, 12:51:44 pm »

Do I even want to know where you found that?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2006, 01:03:50 pm »

Do I even want to know where you found that?

Married to the Sea is done by the same guy as Toothpaste for Dinner. And his wife. So it's not actually weird that Wombat found it.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2006, 01:19:00 pm »

This seems relevant somehow.


Yeah.. that one always confounded me.  I mean.. can you actually impress the pu$$y itself?  I always assumed it was the attached person with the feelings and emotions that was sacrosanct, but now I have to deal with sentient pu$$ye?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2006, 01:32:57 pm »

So it's not actually weird that Wombat found it.

I'm trying to decide if this is sort of insulting?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2006, 02:40:47 pm »

I'm trying to decide if this is sort of insulting?

Not at all. I was explain that you didn't discover the image in the bowels of the internet but on a respectable (although unfunny IMO) comic site.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2006, 04:37:54 pm »

But why do I always have to be respectable?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up