Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: April Blogs Bring May Flowers  (Read 17688 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2006, 12:56:07 pm »

So did this guy have an actual Iroquois or does Ray just think that Huey is a generic slang term for helicopter?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2006, 04:05:42 pm »

In Ray's latest blog entry, the wine he drinks is a wine mentioned in a Beastie Boys song.

"Like a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape/ I'm fine like wine when I start to rap."

I just figured I'd mention this.

This post makes me want to cry and go home and drown my sorrows at the state of Youth in a nice Cote du Rhone.  I just figured I'd mention this. 

(Also, how come everyone knows how to put foreign alphabets in their posts but me?  Is this punishment for the years I spent shoving funny characters down the gullets of innocent Youth who would never again in their lives need to use the International Phonetic Alphabet or any variation thereof?)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2006, 04:42:03 pm »

I had to look up what goujons are.  (They're basically fancy-ass giraffe sticks.)

wombat:  If you're on a PC, Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Character Map.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2006, 05:03:21 pm »

I've always liked Ray, but have never appreciated him in the way that I do Beef.  This latest entry has changed that.  Ray is now a much more complex, multilayered character to me.  Truly, this was an awesome blog post.

Also, somebody make a prototype of the two-roses-making-love-to-a-clock logo, stat.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2006, 07:37:27 pm »


wombat:  If you're on a PC, Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Character Map.

Óòõòôöø!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2006, 07:48:52 pm »

Thanks, Carlos.  Any one of us could have told her that years ago.  But now look what you've done!  You've created a high-ascii monster!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2006, 08:06:55 pm »

I'll freely confess that I'm a bit confused by Ray actually thinking through his actions and admitting fear, especially of bad luck. Maybe the GOF really did force him a little more into adulthood? I suppose time will tell.

And yes, the two-roses-making-love-to-a-clock logo must be seen. I want to see just how the idea comes across real clear when there's no penetration or even motion lines.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2006, 08:53:01 pm »

hm.

I'm wondering if maybe the clock is just near the roses, and this is just Ray being Ray.

he is going to get a helicopter, and then die in a crash. he will disappear, they will have a memorial service, and then he will show up-- hell of Huck Finn style.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Simms

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2006, 10:43:44 pm »

This post makes me want to cry and go home and drown my sorrows at the state of Youth in a nice Cote du Rhone.  I just figured I'd mention this. 

I promise that this wasn't just me trying to flex my knowledge of Beastie Boys. I was just saying maybe there's a connection between him getting that wine and the Beastie Boys lyric. Maybe it's the only wine he knows and he knows it through the efforts of MCA and crew.

I am not a big rap fan. I am good person, I promise.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2006, 01:26:27 am »

...Also, somebody make a prototype of the two-roses-making-love-to-a-clock logo, stat.
...And yes, the two-roses-making-love-to-a-clock logo must be seen. I want to see just how the idea comes across real clear when there's no penetration or even motion lines.



My picture skills are mediocre at best. The picture is visible, right?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2006, 01:51:36 am »

yes.

this is actually basically exactly how I imagined it.

but I don't know if I would say they were making love to it. Ray is just a romantic guy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2006, 02:11:14 am »

I promise that this wasn't just me trying to flex my knowledge of Beastie Boys. I was just saying maybe there's a connection between him getting that wine and the Beastie Boys lyric. Maybe it's the only wine he knows and he knows it through the efforts of MCA and crew.

I am not a big rap fan. I am good person, I promise.

No, that is not it, I am resigned to rap in general despite my Advanced Years.  My tears were for the fear that the only place you'd ever heard of Châteauneuf-du-Pape was in a rap lyric.

(Look!  Funny character!)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2006, 02:20:12 am »

Also, somebody make a prototype of the two-roses-making-love-to-a-clock logo, stat.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2006, 03:37:42 am »

Hmm. See, I was sort of picturing something different, but that's probably exactly what it was: two roses next to a clock, in a position that a normal person would think of as vaguely artistic but Ray would immediately associate with bonez0rs. God bless Ray's monomania.
Logged

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2006, 05:33:30 am »

Clock Making Love to Roses" style="width:409px

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up