Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The dreaded gridiron again  (Read 12313 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The dreaded gridiron again
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2007, 04:55:44 am »

Quote
I would be outraged about this, but I am still not yet used to having a local sports team and thus do not truly identify with them.

I told my friend Katie that I was "maybe kind of a Mets fan" when she mentioned the baseball game tonight.
She spit on me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The dreaded gridiron again
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2007, 05:12:33 am »

I bet she's a STL native...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The dreaded gridiron again
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2007, 06:19:39 am »

oh, yeah, she is.

it wasn't real spit, it was water. From a water bottle.
Basically, she was finding a mostly gentle way to show her disapproval to teach me. Like a mother bear gently cuffing her cub.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The dreaded gridiron again
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2007, 12:54:06 am »

Wow, I have an ex-girlfriend named Katie from the STL area. But last I heard she lived in Hampton Roads - don't think she ever moved.

And I'm sure she cared too little about sports to spit water at someone.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The dreaded gridiron again
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2007, 01:05:39 am »

yeah. Um, she doesn't care about sports. She has been to fewer baseball games in her life than I have. But, she is a St Louiser, and she spit on me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up